Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Should H/P give free cloud storage with the next webOS device. This is another way to differentiate webOS from other groups. I would say start w 10 Gigs of free cloud storage. What do you guys think? How much storage? and if its a good idea?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    i think hell yes! free is totally within my budget. i think the amount of storage would depend on what all services i had tied into it. if i am streaming music and movies from there to my phone, it will have to have a lot, obviously. it seems like 10 gig for free would be good. maybe they could even throw in another 5-10 gig free if you also buy another product in the family (like have a webOS tablet along with the phone). beyond that they would have to charge people.

so that they can pay for my broke ****'s free storage. lol
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Yea I think that would be a great idea and I think they should integrate snapperfish into the photo app w/ online storage and intergrate ALL of it to the palm profile web portal.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    As long as they don't exclude other Cloud services that could actually be a good way to try to differentiate themselves from the Android phones and give them a leg up verse Apple charging for it's idevice tied cloud service.

But they will need to fix the one device per palm profile thing first because that's not going to work when they start putting out tablets.
    I think asking for 10GB is a bit much, but I can see 4GB free. A lot will depend on what they will allow users to do with that space.
    Sounds like a great idea. The service would need to come with a fairly robust app. I thinking of a way to play music and video files that are in the cloud directly from the app. They could give away 2-4GB and then charge monthly for additional space. Maybe even install apps that run directly from the cloud (small apps only of course). H/Palm could make an end run around hardware limitations. Since users would not need to buy a new device if all they need is more space. They would just need to purchase the extra memory. This could also make the necessity of including an SD card slot (something I really still want and miss from my centro) unnecessary. This would have to be separate from the Palm profile.
    ha! i love your avatar, Orion Antares. i watched Dune twice in two days earlier this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    This could also make the necessity of including an SD card slot (something I really still want and miss from my centro) unnecessary.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. The new phone needs one of these...either cloud storage or a SD card.
  9.    #9  
    I strongly think cloud storage would distinguish palm/Hp from apple and Google. Kind of like the mobile hotspot on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I strongly think cloud storage would distinguish palm/Hp from apple and Google. Kind of like the mobile hotspot on Verizon.
    Apple - yes

Google - Maybe not considering what they offer via Google Docs and their suite of cloud-based computing. Of course, just basic cloud storage means you can put anything you want in there, not just Google stuff.

At this point, I agree with you that they need to differentiate themselves from what the other OS's offer. BB has been the king of email, Apple is the apps, Android is everybody's leftovers...What can HPalm bring that's different? I think you've nailed it on the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Yea I think that would be a great idea and I think they should integrate snapperfish into the photo app w/ online storage and intergrate ALL of it to the palm profile web portal.
    ......Thats simply the single best idea ever. You should work foe HP. I would love to have one click snapfish prints, especially with my baby boy.
  12.    #12  
    Everyone will have hard drive or SD car, H/P can be a step ahead with cloud storage. Yippee!!! They can implement this so easily too.
    What I want is some way to integrate my Skydrive (from Microsoft) to my phone, I get 25Gb of free storage, now I just need to be able to access it on the go.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    What I want is some way to integrate my Skydrive (from Microsoft) to my phone, I get 25Gb of free storage, now I just need to be able to access it on the go.
    I think there should be as much integration as possible. But having there own free cloud storage, that would completely distinguish HPalm from other providers. No one would complain about SD card again.

Plus HP will get them hooked on there cloud storage and say hey its a business phone as well as fun phone, way ahead of fruits and googles.
    forget cloud give us dual sd card slots or up it to tripps with cloud lol
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    forget cloud give us dual sd card slots or up it to tripps with cloud lol
    I doubt it dual SD card will about.
    I don't see any real need to have an SD slot in the phone anymore unless you're one of those people that really like to carry around large amounts of media files.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't see any real need to have an SD slot in the phone anymore unless you're one of those people that really like to carry around large amounts of media files.
    I miss not having an SD card. I found it much easier and quicker then messing around with an usb cord. Also I loved being able to get photos with my dslr and upload the high res pics on the go.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  19.    #19  
    Maybe with this nuTsie thing, we may get some cloud storage? What do you guys think?
    i want a mobileme sorta thing for webOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast