View Poll Results: With all having near identical performance specs which 2 would you pick?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • pixi 3.1in screen

10 10.10%
  • 3.7in pre2

58 58.59%
  • 4in landscape keyboard

41 41.41%
  • 4.3in virtual keyboard

34 34.34%
  • 3.3in landscape keyboard

5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So this is my question.

With so many android phones and the many form factors such as 3.1in displays to 5in display slates and landscape keyboards Is this putting a dent into you wanting a portrait keyboard.

I ha definitely made me wonder about wanting to see other form factors with webos before really getting the pre 2. That evo 4.3in screen is starting to grow on me. And the epic is pretty cool. So what do you guys think?

Will other form factors make you think twice about settling for a portrait keyboard phone.

Out of the options which 2 would you try out considering you have a 30 day money back guarantee from sprint.

pick 2 one you really want and one that peeks your interest. Just to see what people are thinking.
    Last edited by gregcolon3; 09/23/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    I have always thougt i'd rather have a landscape keyboard. I still do, but it probably will depend on screen size.

I originally planned to get the motodroid but bought my Pre instead. Haven't looked back!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm hoping the next WebOS offerings will have something a tad larger than the PRE but not as honking big as the EVO / EPIC's are. I just don't know how anyone can carry the EVO/EPIC size phones comfortably in their pockets. Since I don't text all that much I don't care what the keyboards orientation is as long as there is a decent, built in virtual KB.
    I've zero problem carrying around a 4in phone, but then again I don't wear suit pants or sknny jeans One requirement for me is a hard keyboard, whether portrait or landscape I don't care. Other than that I want at least a 3.8in screen. I like the idea of the keyboard sliding out from between the screen and battery compartment. Not a two piece phone like the pre.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Love my Pre and would like to see something similar. However, I will take what I can get

I like the keyboard idea of millworkman and don't really care if portrait or landscape.
    Dan
    landscape hard keyboard + a virtual keyboard would be the ideal combo for me. Landscape could work w/ a bigger screen, and i'd use the vkb when I need to do something in portrait mode.
    Like the basic design of the Pre, could go for a slightly larger screen, definitely would want a sturdier build.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    how about a 4in screen and portrait keyboard? i hate landscape. they're just so big and hard to use. they always feel really ineffecient to me. i'm probably the only one, but if a landscape keyboard is the only physical keyboard option, i'll go for the VKB.

yeah, i really hate landscape keyboards that much.
    Last edited by igobytony; 09/24/2010 at 09:45 AM.
  9.    #9  
    I did not put anything bigger than a 3.7in portrait cause i think it would be way too long. And probably not possible. just too awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I did not put anything bigger than a 3.7in portrait cause i think it would be way too long. And probably not possible. just too awkward.
    yeah, it seems like that's kind of the general consensus. i think i remember seeing a mock up a while back of a four inch portrait phone, and it seemed spot on to me.

i could definitely do with something just like the current pre, but scaled up to have a four inch screen. i know i'm the minority though.
  11.    #11  
    Yea it all depends on how it feels in the hand.
    I think the 4" screen is the sweet spot. It doesn't have to be as big as the EVO, but larger than the iPhone...
    Yea it all depends on how it feels in the hand.
    totally. and i'm all about the one-handed operation, as well. i love that with one hand i can just slide open the pre and type. and while i'd LOVE a larger screen, it's pretty nice to be able to reach everywhere and do all the navigating, etc., with just one hand.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    totally. and i'm all about the one-handed operation, as well. i love that with one hand i can just slide open the pre and type. and while i'd LOVE a larger screen, it's pretty nice to be able to reach everywhere and do all the navigating, etc., with just one hand.
    exactly.
    So this is my question.

With so many android phones and the many form factors such as 3.1in displays to 5in display slates and landscape keyboards Is this putting a dent into you wanting a portrait keyboard...
    Why did you mention a 5" screen but did not allow it as a choice?

I am also betting that you have not used Swype before?

If you had, your question and options might be different...

- Craig
    I've used Swype. I prefer a hard keyboard.

Now get off my lawn.
  17.    #17  
    I put my questions based on what is currently out to the masses and what people are leaning towards. Most people are not leaning towards a 5in device such as dell streak. Most people are salivating over a droid line , evo ,epic htc devices and samsung. So i put my question indirectly like this "if webos were on the hardware of an android which form factor would you pick. Some people can not fathom a 5 inch device so i did not include it.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    A 4" portrait keyboard Pre2 would be perfect. I think 4" is that sweet spot before the phone becomes too big.
    I echo the portrait people.

I had used a landscape 4.13 inch landscape slider as my primary device for a while, and really prefer the portrait hardware slider. A landscape keyboard is acually to big for fast typing for myself.

also the one handed open and type is nice, and I love my gestures.

I think the ideal screen is 3.8 to 4 and all the way to the edge of the phone if practical to keep the phone as small as possible.
    I want a slightly larger Pre with a 3.8-4 inch screen and a portrait keyboard. Landscape keyboards are horrible and webOS is not designed for them.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast