Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    facetime
    Don't fall into the Reality Distortion Field.

iPhone 4's FaceTime Video Calling Isn't A First | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    I'm sorry... Isn't "keep the faith" a religious entreaty? Isn't that the sort of garbage the Apple faithful are panned for? Why don't we hear about the "cult" of Palm, or the Palm Kool-aid? Why the heck is faith required for a company? Keep the faith? Really?

What ever happened to, buy the product that is right for you at the time you need it? Whatever happened to being faithful to yourself? Who is Ruby to give such a charge? Is he the Palm messiah, prophet, guru? Are Palm users just a bunch of sheeple who are supposed to march in lock step with their leader and keep the faith? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I'm sorry... Isn't "keep the faith" a religious entreaty? Isn't that the sort of garbage the Apple faithful are panned for? Why don't we hear about the "cult" of Palm, or the Palm Kool-aid? Why the heck is faith required for a company? Keep the faith? Really?

What ever happened to, buy the product that is right for you at the time you need it? Whatever happened to being faithful to yourself? Who is Ruby to give such a charge? Is he the Palm messiah, prophet, guru? Are Palm users just a bunch of sheeple who are supposed to march in lock step with their leader and keep the faith? Wow!
    Before you go on your religious crusade. And faith does not neccessarilyt have to do with a religious context.

I think what ruby is trying to say is that,
    'Hey mate, before you jump ship you might just want to hang on a little until we announce the next line up of products, you dont want to go jumping ship and then be all upset in a few months when we announce some killer devices and you're tied into a contract'

I think you just over reacted a little by there

OR "keep the faith" could simply mean that I wish I could tell you about all the cool stuff that's coming real soon, but can't - so just hang in there!

You could've summed this all up by simply saying, "HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED!"
    repressed.png

Couldn't resist...
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

No, I believe it's a bit more difficult than that; when Rubinstein told us to keep the faith, what he meant was thALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
    No matter how you slice it, "Keep the faith!" is a plea for brand loyalty. Everyone knows there will be new products. That does not require faith. Ruby is asking that the troops stay true to the cause.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with brand loyalty. I think it is perfectly fitting for a company to have loyal customers. That is what naturally happens when you repeatedly receive good products and services and experiences from that company. I am just mocking the double standard I see demonstrated here, and elsewhere in the tech community.

When Apple users demonstrate brand loyalty, they are labeled as sheeple, iFads, and the like. They have had their reality distorted, drank the Kool-aid, are bowing to the wishes of a dictator, are members of a cult, and the like. When Palm users are told to keep the faith, they are just receiving encouragement from a good leader to do what is only reasonable for the circumstances.
    No matter how you slice it, "Keep the faith!" is a plea for brand loyalty. Everyone knows there will be new products. That does not require faith. Ruby is asking that the troops stay true to the cause.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with brand loyalty. I think it is perfectly fitting for a company to have loyal customers. That is what naturally happens when you repeatedly receive good products and services and experiences from that company. I am just mocking the double standard I see demonstrated here, and elsewhere in the tech community.

When Apple users demonstrate brand loyalty, they are labeled as sheeple, iFads, and the like. They have had their reality distorted, drank the Kool-aid, are bowing to the wishes of a dictator, are members of a cult, and the like. When Palm users are told to keep the faith, they are just receiving encouragement from a good leader to do what is only reasonable for the circumstances.
    Give up, your point got proved wrong earlier and is still no more valid now.
    The statement 'keep the faith' does not ask for brand loyality.
    It is merely saying that new products will arrive.

Pip
    Who knew that 3 words could have so much meaning...

Without saying new HW is coming, everyone at HP who "makes the news" has hinted that new HW is coming. No one is saying when.

Look, I want new HW as much as the next guy, but this is not the Holy Grail of new phone announcements. The people who want a new Palm phone will wait for it. People who want a new phone today, won't.

It's not like there are a million Palm users buying new Android, BB or iPhones each day siphoning off marketshare, so really, what is HP losing by putting off any real announcement of new HW? They will announce it when it's ready, not before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Give up, your point got proved wrong earlier and is still no more valid now.
    The statement 'keep the faith' does not ask for brand loyality.
    It is merely saying that new products will arrive.

Pip

That's just your inner sheep speaking.
    That's an interesting login name convention...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Maybe he was listening to Bon Jovi's song "keep the faith".........
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  14.    #34  
    yeah, sorry. thought i made it a JPEG. I fail.

Religious? Really? Might want to check a good dictionary.

There are definitely the fanatical fans of anything, be it a product, movement, or a philosophy. The "Kool-aid" drinkers of any of these are the people who feel that anything produced by their preferred platform is ALWAYS the best and that there is nothing of any value elsewhere... even when that facts don't support it.

There are certianly some of those among fans of the Palm platform and there is no doubt that there are some among iPhone fans too. (the "Multitasking is not a big deal" camp, for example)

Don't take it so personally. Especially since you hijacked a thread about a message from Ruby to a customer, and moved into a semantical argument about which camp is more fanatical.
    Faith only goes so far.
    His email response to me seems to be different...

PreMailRuby.png

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    This is not meant to turn into a debate but just a simple question.
    You mentioned that Apple are always innovative, and others regularly mention the same, but *I* really don't see what was innovative or amazing about the iphone4. Would somebody give me a quick run through of the supposedly innovative features?

Disclaimer: This is not a bash of any sort, definitely not fuel for an argument/debate, just a genuine curiosity.

Pip

I would actually disagree that FaceTime was innovative. I even hate calling it facetime because it's just a stupid marketing term made up by Jobs. I think the "Retina Display" (another stupid marketing term) was innovative. They took what HTC was doing with their high res displays, and one upped them. Even though the pixel density isn't better than what all human eyes can see (yet his uneducated consumers believe him) it is better than what most can see and it is beautiful. I think it's awesome how they used an IPS display as well. I used to like their hardware quality, no other company had something as well designed and built until the 4 came out. I'm sorry but I will not buy a phone that is made of mostly glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    His email response to me seems to be different...

PreMailRuby.png

LOL!!! funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    LOL!!! funny.
    Funny, yet the intentions are somewhat sad.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast