Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm, this is to you. This silences is sickening me. i'm tired of it. pls i want to know what you have cooking. i'm tired of waiting and i think it's about time i close the book. i love my pre, it's the best but i have given you ample time to release a new phone. I'll give you sometime to think about what im saying or else, that will be another loyal customer up for grabs. im sure android and wimmo 7 won't hesitate to add me to their users... pls palm do something...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by markbperfect View Post
    Palm, this is to you. This silences is sickening me. i'm tired of it. pls i want to know what you have cooking. i'm tired of waiting and i think it's about time i close the book. i love my pre, it's the best but i have given you ample time to release a new phone. I'll give you sometime to think about what im saying or else, that will be another loyal customer up for grabs. im sure android and wimmo 7 won't hesitate to add me to their users... pls palm do something...lol
    lolz.
    I wonder if they heard you
    Twitter: adamcarter
    and I guess you are just venting

I wish they had another phone out too but shouldn't you be venting at the palm site and not the message board here? LOL
    If you love your Pre then, what's the point? Just sayin...
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I think you should make your own ski mask videos and post them on youtube. That way you could vent and entertain us at the same time.
    I'm fed up too. But not at palm. I'm glad I got that off my chest.
    There WILL BE new hardware in time for the holiday season....along with webOS 2.0. However, do not expect anything hardware-wise that will be evolutionary. It's going to be a really nice follow-up (as in more than a refresh) of the Pre, following Palm's execution roadmap pre-HP buyout. Don't expect anything along the lines of FF camera/video conferencing, 1080P video recording, 1.5Ghz cpu or autofocus 12MP cameras...that kind of leap forward isn't going to happen until the first true Palm-HP collaboration device. For that, we'll have to see what the PalmPad brings and that will set the benchmark for the next webOS device evolution.

I suspect that the true Palm-HP device is about 4 - 6 months off the next webOS device that will be replacing the Pre. With HP behind Palm now, we'll see new hardware more frequent than every 18 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by markbperfect View Post
    I wonder if Palm realizes there are customers out there who want a new smartphone NOW and want a Pre follow-up, but can't wait around indefinitely to hear what's going on. I'd settle for some vague information...they don't have to give me an exact release date.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    take it easy...seriously. how about we exercise some ACTUAL patience!?! would you like some thrown-together re-hash of a pre or some REAL hardware that both Palm AND HP have worked together on????

I'm fed up too!!! ...but only of all the I HATE PALM posts just because we don't have new hardware!!!!!!!! They've only been with HP for LESS THAN 3 MONTHS! Bugger off and let them work on some REALLY COOL stuff so we can kick the sand out of everyone else!

holy shoes, let the impatience end!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    Get a pixi. Thinner, better keyboard, build quality, and just as fast

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    and ugly...you forgot ugly. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I wonder if Palm realizes there are customers out there who want a new smartphone NOW and want a Pre follow-up, but can't wait around indefinitely to hear what's going on. I'd settle for some vague information...they don't have to give me an exact release date.
    I'm pretty sure palm doesn't realize this, and it's really the first time it's been mentioned. I don't know why I didn't think before. You should write that down and send them a letter.

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    There WILL BE new hardware in time for the holiday season....along with webOS 2.0.
    This is not true at all. There will not be a new phone until at least 2011. That's a fact. There might be a TABLET this year, but not a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    take it easy...seriously. how about we exercise some ACTUAL patience!?! would you like some thrown-together re-hash of a pre or some REAL hardware that both Palm AND HP have worked together on????
    Clearly we all agree that we'd like to have "real" hardware that Palm and HP have worked on together. However, that doesn't change the fact that THIS phone (Pre) is just brutally slow. I was called earlier today by Sprint's customer service just asking a few questions about my service call the prior day. In responding to the prompts, there wasn't a single question that I didn't have to push the button twice on (I was using the screen... I know that the keyboard would have worked, probably) to get it to register, and a few times I had to hit them three times. That's unacceptable. This phone is so incredibly buggy and laggy that at times it's nothing short of a miracle that I don't throw it down and stomp on it.

My point is, I can't stand waiting any more because the Pre should never have come out. This phone is not ready for prime time. Almost nobody is still on their first one. The battery is loose. The power button is a huge failure. The slide mechanism is way too loose. The general design of the face is a disaster (I have cracks around my charging door, and I have TWO touchstones, so I almost NEVER open the thing).
    that's a fact? Please provide supporting proof.

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Get a pixi. Thinner, better keyboard, build quality, and just as fast
    I recommend staying away from pixi if you like playing games on your phone because all the major games only support pre. Plus the Pre has a faster GPU and higher resolution.
    Last edited by dvidearts; 09/22/2010 at 04:40 PM.
    There WILL BE new hardware in time for the holiday season....along with webOS 2.0. However, do not expect anything hardware-wise that will be evolutionary. It's going to be a really nice follow-up (as in more than a refresh) of the Pre, following Palm's execution roadmap pre-HP buyout. Don't expect anything along the lines of FF camera/video conferencing, 1080P video recording, 1.5Ghz cpu or autofocus 12MP cameras...that kind of leap forward isn't going to happen until the first true Palm-HP collaboration device. For that, we'll have to see what the PalmPad brings and that will set the benchmark for the next webOS device evolution.

I suspect that the true Palm-HP device is about 4 - 6 months off the next webOS device that will be replacing the Pre. With HP behind Palm now, we'll see new hardware more frequent than every 18 months.
    Where are your facts to back this up? You're just adding fuel to the fire here. Giving people false hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    This is not true at all. There will not be a new phone until at least 2011. That's a fact. There might be a TABLET this year, but not a phone.

Clearly we all agree that we'd like to have "real" hardware that Palm and HP have worked on together. However, that doesn't change the fact that THIS phone (Pre) is just brutally slow. I was called earlier today by Sprint's customer service just asking a few questions about my service call the prior day. In responding to the prompts, there wasn't a single question that I didn't have to push the button twice on (I was using the screen... I know that the keyboard would have worked, probably) to get it to register, and a few times I had to hit them three times. That's unacceptable. This phone is so incredibly buggy and laggy that at times it's nothing short of a miracle that I don't throw it down and stomp on it.

My point is, I can't stand waiting any more because the Pre should never have come out. This phone is not ready for prime time. Almost nobody is still on their first one. The battery is loose. The power button is a huge failure. The slide mechanism is way too loose. The general design of the face is a disaster (I have cracks around my charging door, and I have TWO touchstones, so I almost NEVER open the thing).
    same goes for this person, please people if you dont have hard facts, or atleast rumors dont make statments like these, and for the record Im still on my launch sprint pre which still works wounders and i have to hit a button for prompts only once. Try out android I heard they have some good, and new phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm pretty sure palm doesn't realize this, and it's really the first time it's been mentioned. I don't know why I didn't think before. You should write that down and send them a letter.

/sarcasm
    Actually, I've said this on numerous threads here, as well as Sood's blog post about the hardware situation. I really don't understand the stupidity they are operating under where they think a rough time frame (just tell us what quarter you expect to release the phone in) is somehow harmful to their business. Quite the opposite. It's going to **** loyal hardcore customers off.

You NEVER want to drive away you evangelists! It's the stupidest thing a business can do. You will always have different types of customers, and while you may be able to sway the company fickle variety for a phone or two, it's far easier to promote your platform when your evangelist customers are telling all of their friends and family about the "great" phones from company X.

In this case HP/Palm are both running an incredibly bad risk of driving away the people they most want to keep. It's not like they have to release specs, just say 4th quarter, or first quarter next year, or whatever.
    Was there ever a time when Palm was NOT silent about device info. No, we've always been in the dark. Thats how our patriot, ski mask man, was created.

Just enjoy WebOS as it is. it's still a great device IMO. I still use it as much as I did on launch day and still get excited for new apps & patches.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    There WILL BE new hardware in time for the holiday season.... Don't expect anything along the lines of FF camera/video conferencing, 1080P video recording, 1.5Ghz cpu or autofocus 12MP cameras.
    Any device that does not meet the specs of the current market is sure to FAIL.

Hopefully HP has taken Palm's road-map and added a SUPER-HIGHWAY to it. A refresh is not going to be good enough to keep market share in the current smart-phone era.

HP has the money and ability to push out a new SUPER DEVICE!! Users are expecting nothing less. If HPalm puts out a refresh device, I will have to reconsider purchasing another webOS smart-phone. It is not all about hardware, but if you do not have the hardware to be current, you can't make up for it in the software. New tech trends:FF camera's/video chat/HD recording/HD output cannot be supported without the hardware in-place.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast