Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61
  1. #41  
    Oh I really need skype as well. But Palm promised Mic API and it never happened. They can't even provide Mic API and they are planning to release 2.0 this year? I doubt that. Even if they do release it, it will be like half baked OS with tons of bugs, and they will promise to fix it in the future release and it will take 6 months to release 2.1 or 2.0.5.
  2. #42  
    Let's not forget that Android already has Rhapsody and Spotify, and will soon have Netflix and Hulu apps to boot.
  3. #43  
    It's disappointing to see another thread like this. I hate to think of the picture we are painting for prospective buyers.

    I do understand and agree with almost everything said here; but to republish it, and keep the bad news current and popular... How do you expect webOS to grow if all people ever see are threads like this?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    It's disappointing to see another thread like this. I hate to think of the picture we are painting for prospective buyers.

    I do understand and agree with almost everything said here; but to republish it, and keep the bad news current and popular... How do you expect webOS to grow if all people ever see are threads like this?
    Prospective Pre buyers are spending time on PreCentral.net...in the Other Devices subforums? Why would they?
  5. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #45  
    Prospective Pre buyers should see threads like this so they fully understand what they are not getting with there purchase of the palm ecosystem....
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    wow, you are perfect candidate for the microsoft Kin phone, if you don't care so much about all the cool apps. I am sure Microsoft thought there's market for people like you but it didn't. Everyone wants cool apps. Currently, my fantasyfootball season started. We are using Yahoo FF and guess what? they only support Iphone and android apps, nowhere near webOS nor Yahoo is planning to make one in the future. I can use the browser to see the stat, but I can't modify my team. And there's many other things that only Iphone and Android got the apps. I didn't buy the phone to use the card with bunch of browsers on it. What's the point of having awsome multitask without good apps to run at the sametime.

    HP/Palm has to attract more people to buy the phone so the developers start to make some nice apps for webOS finally. They really need new phone right now! And other thing, even if there's same apps or games, we have to pay way more than iphone or android. Sucks.
    haha, a kin. nice one. just because i don't use a lot of apps for specific purposes doesn't mean that i don't want good hardware. you make a good point about the football thing. defintely not one i had considered, since i think football is pretty lame. (yeah, i'm that far out of the loop of "normal people")

    i don't know if you saw the part in my post where i said that HP and Palm need to attract developers and get a bunch more apps? i know it's all about the apps. all i'm saying is that for me, it's not yet a make it or break it thing.

    one thing that would get me to switch: a front facing camera that wasn't tied to one video chat program. if i could just video chat to whomever, using AIM or the video in Gmail's chat, or something along those lines, i'd be all about it. maybe android already has this? if so let me know, and i'm getting an Epic next month with my upgread until new webOS hardware comes out.
    Last edited by igobytony; 09/24/2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typing error
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Prospective Pre buyers are spending time on PreCentral.net...in the Other Devices subforums? Why would they?
    1) Google
    2) New Posts Button (linked from front page)
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's an apps game. There is a 99% chance that HP Palm are frantically working behind the scenes to make the app catalog more up to par before releasing the next device. They must establish as many relationships as they can with app developers to completely re-invent the app catalog.

    How many times have you heard someone speak enthusiastically about their particular app market? Yes, iOS and Android users are extremely proud of their app markets. Palm NEEDS to compete here to be successful. There's really no question about it. A super device is absolutely NOT going to save them. A completely revamped app catalog plus a super device (and of course killer marketing) can and will save them.
    I believe HP/Palm must open their platform up completely so developers can create new and interesting apps. As of now, no mic or camera API's. I know this will eventually be available with the rollout of 2.0 but for now it's embarrassing, and I am not even a developer. If you're going to have an open source platform, make it completely open source! I personally know one developer who creates apps for Android who is licking his chops to make fantastic apps for webOS. The problem is Mic and Camera API's are not available.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    It's disappointing to see another thread like this. I hate to think of the picture we are painting for prospective buyers.

    I do understand and agree with almost everything said here; but to republish it, and keep the bad news current and popular... How do you expect webOS to grow if all people ever see are threads like this?
    Frankly, that's both Palm's fault and Palm's problem.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post

    one thing that would get me to switch: a front facing camera that wasn't tied to one video chat program. if i could just video chat to whomever, using AIM or the video in Gmail's chat, or something along those lines, i'd be all about it. maybe android already has this? if so let me know, and i'm getting an Epic next month with my upgread until new webOS hardware comes out.
    Good idea. yeah, I think I would love to have frontal camera on next webOS device. Use our synergy ecosystem to tie up all the service currently provided, and put it on one nice program. And you can do video conference, just like our email system. I like it. you see, webOS can do this. Not just follow other people, lead them. We still have chance. Don't just blindly saying we have the best OS, as webOS fan, we have to encourage HP/Palm to make better product, that include some criticism.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    1) Google
    2) New Posts Button (linked from front page)
    1. It should take them to the front page, not a random forum thread.
    2. Whose fault is it that this is all there is to talk about in WebOS land these days?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Good idea. yeah, I think I would love to have frontal camera on next webOS device. Use our synergy ecosystem to tie up all the service currently provided, and put it on one nice program. And you can do video conference, just like our email system. I like it. you see, webOS can do this. Not just follow other people, lead them. We still have chance. Don't just blindly saying we have the best OS, as webOS fan, we have to encourage HP/Palm to make better product, that include some criticism.
    to be able to just type and pull up a contact, push "video" and have it make a video call to them on whatever service they use (this would be specified like a ringtone, i imagine) would be amazing.
  13. #53  
    1. Kindle
    2. Dropbox
    3. Fring (video chat with my mom and sister, who both live 3,000+ miles away)
    4. Movies (it's a great app that ties into the Facebook flixster app for reviews and your friends' reviews)
    5. Rdio
    6. Shazam
    7. TripIt <- A godsend if you do ANY sort of traveling
    8. Navigation (google nav ROCKS)
    9. ConnectBot (SSH client - I need it for server administration when a server goes down and I'm not near a computer).
    10. eBay
  14. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    1. It should take them to the front page, not a random forum thread.
    2. Whose fault is it that this is all there is to talk about in WebOS land these days?
    1. Depends on the search results.
    2. Palm is to blame (oops, HP/Palm)
    Dan
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by markbperfect View Post
    Palm, this is to you. This silences is sickening me. i'm tired of it. pls i want to know what you have cooking. i'm tired of waiting and i think it's about time i close the book. i love my pre, it's the best but i have given you ample time to release a new phone. I'll give you sometime to think about what im saying or else, that will be another loyal customer up for grabs. im sure android and wimmo 7 won't hesitate to add me to their users... pls palm do something...lol
    I agree with you fully I'm a few weeks off to going to the dark side of android. The epic is looking more like my next phone each day. My girlfriend has it and I play with it and it's a great device. If Palm doesn't release something soon they will lose a very loyal fan.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    I agree with you fully I'm a few weeks off to going to the dark side of android. The epic is looking more like my next phone each day. My girlfriend has it and I play with it and it's a great device. If Palm doesn't release something soon they will lose a very loyal fan.
    I agree too, I love my pre, but in this new era Palm excuse me HP is taking an eternity.
  17. SROJR's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    I agree with you fully I'm a few weeks off to going to the dark side of android. The epic is looking more like my next phone each day. My girlfriend has it and I play with it and it's a great device. If Palm doesn't release something soon they will lose a very loyal fan.
    I'm here too with the looking phase. I spent two hours last night (and on a Saturday night!) researching EVO and EPIC reivews and comparisons. I never, ever thought I would move to any other platform after WebOS. I also spent some time looking at what Windows 7 phones are going to be. My Pre feels like it's on it's last legs; I've got the power button problem, my headphone jack killing the earpiece speaker problem is happening frequently, and I want to get the Sirius and Rhapsody apps on my phone. I do not feel any sense of entitlement from HP/Palm but I guess they also are not winning my loyalty. I'm sticking it out until the Holidays.
  18. #58  
    Every day that passes WebOS becomes more of a niche platform, which in turn makes every current Pre and Pixi owner all the more precious to Palm/HP. Google and Apple can afford not to throw bones because their platforms have momentum. WebOS may not have stalled but the engine is beginning to chug as it slows to a halt. It's going to be the kind of loyalists that hang out on precentral that make up the backbone of any new user base, and HP should be doing more to keep everyone enthusiastic, if for no other reason than to prevent them jumping ship and signing new two-year contracts on other devices.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Every day that passes WebOS becomes more of a niche platform, which in turn makes every current Pre and Pixi owner all the more precious to Palm/HP. Google and Apple can afford not to throw bones because their platforms have momentum. WebOS may not have stalled but the engine is beginning to chug as it slows to a halt. It's going to be the kind of loyalists that hang out on precentral that make up the backbone of any new user base, and HP should be doing more to keep everyone enthusiastic, if for no other reason than to prevent them jumping ship and signing new two-year contracts on other devices.
    I'm sure HP webOS will make a great replace ment for this fine device:
    http://www.pclaunches.com/entry_imag...een-c510-2.jpg

    Say hello to Zeen.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    haha, a kin. nice one. just because i don't use a lot of apps for specific purposes doesn't mean that i don't want good hardware. you make a good point about the football thing. defintely not one i had considered, since i think football is pretty lame. (yeah, i'm that far out of the loop of "normal people")

    i don't know if you saw the part in my post where i said that HP and Palm need to attract developers and get a bunch more apps? i know it's all about the apps. all i'm saying is that for me, it's not yet a make it or break it thing.

    one thing that would get me to switch: a front facing camera that wasn't tied to one video chat program. if i could just video chat to whomever, using AIM or the video in Gmail's chat, or something along those lines, i'd be all about it. maybe android already has this? if so let me know, and i'm getting an Epic next month with my upgread until new webOS hardware comes out.
    Android uses Fring which USED to work with Sype but works across iPhone and all android devices.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions