Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    There will not be a new phone until at least 2011. That's a fact. There might be a TABLET this year, but not a phone.
    No tablet this year. HP's said it's happening in Q1, not before. (And no, Q1 does not mean their fiscal Q1, because they said Q1, not FYQ1. There's a difference.)
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Honestly the Pre is a great phone with all patched up and overclocked. I'm not complaining at all about having a usable device. I am worried about my Pre's hardware holding up until a new device shows. It's got chips and cracks all over it (none on the screen thankfuly). Though if my Pre did die I'd probably just take the wife's Pre and give her back her old Centro until something new came out. She's been begging to go back to that thing since she got the Pre. Anyhow, hope something new comes soon but until then it's all about patience I guess.

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by dvidearts View Post
    I recommend staying away from pixi if you like playing games on your phone because all the major games only support pre. Plus the Pre has a faster GPU and higher resolution.
    The resolution is a little less in the way the screen is a little less.
    In trade you have a Better built phone with a better keyboard and better battery life that also fits in your pocket more easily. Definitely should give the phone a try.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    i dunno but i completely agree with op .. its getting annoying .waiting for a phone for this long? almost 16 months now.. im use to getting all the lastest technology everytime something comes out.. but as far as a cell phone i cant switch from webos. so hurry the hell up palm step up ya game!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    There WILL BE new hardware in time for the holiday season....along with webOS 2.0. However, do not expect anything hardware-wise that will be evolutionary. It's going to be a really nice follow-up (as in more than a refresh) of the Pre, following Palm's execution roadmap pre-HP buyout. Don't expect anything along the lines of FF camera/video conferencing, 1080P video recording, 1.5Ghz cpu or autofocus 12MP cameras...that kind of leap forward isn't going to happen until the first true Palm-HP collaboration device. For that, we'll have to see what the PalmPad brings and that will set the benchmark for the next webOS device evolution.

I suspect that the true Palm-HP device is about 4 - 6 months off the next webOS device that will be replacing the Pre. With HP behind Palm now, we'll see new hardware more frequent than every 18 months.

Do not expect anything hard ware wise to re revolutionary. Are you kidding me. Thats just plain stupid. They NEED to go all out. latest in everything quality must be number one. Expect a webos device in december or january after ces with multiple versions. I expect to see webos 2.0 out by this year and 2.5 out by june.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    and ugly...you forgot ugly. LOL!
    Actually, I think it's pretty sexy, and I'm a guy. Bought one for my dad because he was ready for a smartphone but used to a slim, candy bar phone. Not only did he love it, but I almost sold off my Pre and bought one. Only screen size and lack of WiFi stopped me, but mostly the lack of WiFi.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    This is not true at all. There will not be a new phone until at least 2011. That's a fact. There might be a TABLET this year, but not a phone.
    So, you're taking something that we have absolutely no firm information about (i.e., no phone until next year) and calling that a fact, but taking what we DO have firm information about (no tablet until Q1 2011) and stating it completely incorrectly?

Hmm...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This is not true at all. There will not be a new phone until at least 2011. That's a fact. There might be a TABLET this year, but not a phone.
    ...ok, i'll bite...present you "fact".
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    Do not expect anything hard ware wise to re revolutionary. Are you kidding me. Thats just plain stupid. They NEED to go all out. latest in everything quality must be number one. Expect a webos device in december or january after ces with multiple versions. I expect to see webos 2.0 out by this year and 2.5 out by june.
    I agree but its been stated that HP intends to follow Palm execution road-map for this next device. The target is for the Christmas holiday season....pending carrier approvals.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markbperfect View Post
    Palm, this is to you. This silences is sickening me. i'm tired of it. pls i want to know what you have cooking. i'm tired of waiting and i think it's about time i close the book. i love my pre, it's the best but i have given you ample time to release a new phone. I'll give you sometime to think about what im saying or else, that will be another loyal customer up for grabs. im sure android and wimmo 7 won't hesitate to add me to their users... pls palm do something...lol
    Sorry, Palm doesn't listen to posts like this until you have posted at least 100 times in a useful/helpful manner and have at least 50 thanks given and received.
    Dan
    I'm sure many people would appreciate knowing whether or not to expect a new Palm phone by the holiday season or within the next six months. Myself, I have a Treo Pro on its deathbed. If a new device is coming by Christmas, I'll hold off. It it's not going to be out til Spring at the earliest, I'll get a Pre on eBay. Presuming HP/Palm actually have a decision made on that, how hard is it to tweet or blog "Yes" or "No" ?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's an apps game. There is a 99% chance that HP Palm are frantically working behind the scenes to make the app catalog more up to par before releasing the next device. They must establish as many relationships as they can with app developers to completely re-invent the app catalog.

How many times have you heard someone speak enthusiastically about their particular app market? Yes, iOS and Android users are extremely proud of their app markets. Palm NEEDS to compete here to be successful. There's really no question about it. A super device is absolutely NOT going to save them. A completely revamped app catalog plus a super device (and of course killer marketing) can and will save them.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 09/23/2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Okay, I'm fed up that it was too hot this summer; that I missed breaks because work got in the way; that I didn't get to see Oprah, even though my daughter got us free tickets (work again); that I'm vertically challenged; Hmm there must be more- - - okay the sky isn't blue enough. But I'm not fed up with my Pre.

I'm impatient and want to know when the next WebOS device will come out; how to fix my own computer; Whew now that I have that off my chest, I fell better. I didn't know PreCentral was a counseling venting forum too (just kidding.).
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    As much as I hate to say it but Palm is really dropping the ball here.

All they need to do is announce specs at least or a quarter when they plan to release a new device and yet there is nothing.

People will not continue to wait around as there Pre's fall apart and they see Sprint advertising the Epic and Evo and want the newest thing.

To be honest the whole reason I even came over to Sprint and bought a Pre was because at my job there were 8 people who all bought one on release day and came in to work showing off the phone and features and I was immediately pulled in.

It may sound weird but we had sort of a Pre community at our workplace since we were all in the same department and had Pre's.

Fast forward from that June to now and out of our community only me and another remain with Pre's. Im on my 3rd Pre and my friend is on his 5th.

Everyone else has defected to an Android phone. Now none of them had any problems with WebOS as far as I know. Its just that when the Evo and Epic and these newer phones come out they all wanted the newest and shiny devices.

Now I know this is a small and maybe ridiculous example but I can only imagine how many other users get pull into the hype and allure of these newer devices. Not to mention all the apps and bells and whistles, and I really dont know how many will come back once they leave the WebOS platform.
    List 10 must have aps - that webos does not have - then take a poll how important they are to a overall phone decision

For some it maybe huge - for others not so much.

Build the killa phone and THEY will come.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    The whole problem is that society in general today seems to think they need something new and exciting all the time. In this day of ADD it seems that no-one can wait.

Sure, I would like a new phone because I am a techno-geek and like toys, in that I am no different. But really, if I don't need a new phone and my Pre serves all my phone needs then why would I change. I would rather wait for a new Palm phone than switch to the dark side.

So, I will wait, I may not be quiet and I may not always be patient but I will wait.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    List 10 must have aps - that webos does not have - then take a poll how important they are to a overall phone decision

For some it maybe huge - for others not so much.

Build the killa phone and THEY will come.
    1. Slingplayer
    2. Dedicated IMDB App
    3. Stand-alone GPS nave App
    4. Astronomy App with virtual planetarium
    5. Barcode scanner
    6. Google Earth
    7. Kindle
    8. Tapatalk
    9. OBT program (automobile engine monitoring)
    10. Voice commands.

I switched to Android because of #1, #3, #5, and #7. The others I use regularly/daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    1. Slingplayer
    2. Dedicated IMDB App
    3. Stand-alone GPS nave App
    4. Astronomy App with virtual planetarium
    5. Barcode scanner
    6. Google Earth
    7. Kindle
    8. Tapatalk
    9. OBT program (automobile engine monitoring)
    10. Voice commands.

I switched to Android because of #1, #3, #5, and #7. The others I use regularly/daily.
    oh wow! if that's your real list of must haves and not just a seemingly reasonable one you came up with to prove a point, it's a good thing you switched!

out of curiousity, do you use the barcode scanner for work? i always wonder about what people use them for, outside of people that are just incessantly shopping. i'm guessing that with number nine you maybe work with cars? is the scanner something you use with parts inventory? just curious...

i'm not really all about any "killer app" or anything. i just need a decent media player, browser, camera/video camera, and a good twitter app (can't beat tweed!). most other things i am just as likely to use the browser for. in some cases, the app is the exact same as the mobile site (i'm looking at you, bank of america).

i'm not saying other people don't need certain apps. just that personally i don't. i completely understand that for many people (perhaps most, whether they really need them or not) it is an app game, and i hope that HP is doing all that it can to lure developers. maybe with a better selection, i'll end up finding the make it or break it apps for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    oh wow! if that's your real list of must haves and not just a seemingly reasonable one you came up with to prove a point, it's a good thing you switched!

out of curiousity, do you use the barcode scanner for work? i always wonder about what people use them for, outside of people that are just incessantly shopping. i'm guessing that with number nine you maybe work with cars? is the scanner something you use with parts inventory? just curious...

i'm not really all about any "killer app" or anything. i just need a decent media player, browser, camera/video camera, and a good twitter app (can't beat tweed!). most other things i am just as likely to use the browser for. in some cases, the app is the exact same as the mobile site (i'm looking at you, bank of america).

i'm not saying other people don't need certain apps. just that personally i don't. i completely understand that for many people (perhaps most, whether they really need them or not) it is an app game, and i hope that HP is doing all that it can to lure developers. maybe with a better selection, i'll end up finding the make it or break it apps for me too.
    wow, you are perfect candidate for the microsoft Kin phone, if you don't care so much about all the cool apps. I am sure Microsoft thought there's market for people like you but it didn't. Everyone wants cool apps. Currently, my fantasyfootball season started. We are using Yahoo FF and guess what? they only support Iphone and android apps, nowhere near webOS nor Yahoo is planning to make one in the future. I can use the browser to see the stat, but I can't modify my team. And there's many other things that only Iphone and Android got the apps. I didn't buy the phone to use the card with bunch of browsers on it. What's the point of having awsome multitask without good apps to run at the sametime.

HP/Palm has to attract more people to buy the phone so the developers start to make some nice apps for webOS finally. They really need new phone right now! And other thing, even if there's same apps or games, we have to pay way more than iphone or android. Sucks.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I have wanted slingplayer & voice commands from the beginning. Kupe has a pretty good list, IMO. Must have...I don't know, but I would like to have everything on his list.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast