1.    #1  
    So I was reading an aticle about the new "black pad" (BlackBerry-maker RIM developing iPad competitor)

Technology Live: Latest Tech News and Gadgets - USATODAY.com

And I read this:

"While Apple's iPad is the most famous tablet PC, the market is becoming crowded with competitors. Samsung announced its Galaxy tablet, which will be sold by AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile, earlier this month. Dell's Streak tablet went on sale this summer. Hewlett-Packard is developing the Slate, and Lenovo's LePad - demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show in January -- is expected to be out in December."

---> No mention on the Palm Pad/Tablet.... *shakes head in shame*
    Palm is way off the radar it is ridiculous.. HP better have a crazy good AD campaign to get mind share for Palm and WebOS.. (Also Top specs and adding features to make the "pad" or tablet more useful then just a big phone, i.e. HDMI 1080p out, front and rear camera/webcam, ability to use skype and factime, etc.)
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/22/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Language
    I have never come across one person who has the desire to hook their smartphone, net book or tablet to a TV to view media. I already have a TiVo/Xbox 360 for that.

Apple's new AirPlay is the future of viewing media on your TV. Wireless all the way.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I have never come across one person who has the desire to hook their smartphone, net book or tablet to a TV to view media. I already have a TiVo/Xbox 360 for that.

Apple's new AirPlay is the future of viewing media on your TV. Wireless all the way.
    Completely agree with you. Wires are just a burden when it comes to televisions.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Agree - and anyone who's wondering why Apple didn't include Apps on the new AppleTV, there's your answer. iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad + Any app that uses the built in media playback controls in iOS = stuff on your TV.

It's been confirmed that for a device to do media playback on iOS and NOT support AirPlay, they have to write their own media playback controls.

Daring Fireball Linked List: AirPlay as Apple's Backdoor Strategy for Apple TV Content
  5.    #5  
    well ofcourse I would prefer wireless.. if they make it seemless enough.. but I want an HDMI if they do not have a wireless alternative for a reasonable price..

Also it would be nice to have the Tablet be able to be used as an HTPc remote on the fly..

I love the name 'blackpad'.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Its not surprising WebOS didn't get a mention...consider the source...the USA Today is one of the worst papers/news sources around. The probably didn't even do any new research, just went off their CES show notes from earlier in the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Its not surprising WebOS didn't get a mention...consider the source...the USA Today is one of the worst papers/news sources around. The probably didn't even do any new research, just went off their CES show notes from earlier in the year.
    No one else is reporting on the Palm except for this site and Engadget when HP holds an event. As far as the masses know, Palm does not exist. I don't even see Palm commericals on tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    No one else is reporting on the Palm except for this site and Engadget when HP holds an event. As far as the masses know, Palm does not exist. I don't even see Palm commericals on tv.
    Not true. Every tech site I read from Giz to BGR to even MacNN posts news about HP/Palm. Problem is there isn't much news compared to the other platforms since HP/Palm have been so quiet.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I was more disturbed that the Wall Street Journal didn't mention it. They mentioned everyone else

RIM Readies Tablet to Rival iPad - WSJ.com

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9...ns20100921.gif
    Quite frankly, its disgusting. This quiet silence game that Palm has been playing the last 8+ months is ****ing me (day 1 Sprint pre) right off. There's no reason why they need to be silent anymore. It's been 3 full months since they were fully acquired by HP on July 1. I'm seeing threads every single day of users abandoning webos for Android not because they want android but because they want some fresh new hardware as 16 months is getting too old for the Pre Minus on Sprint. They may not want to announce something as early as they did with the Pre if they have another half a year plus of development but hell, don't go so far in the opposite direction that you lose all of your customers who sign another contract with another phone and then can't switch to your new one when you finally bloody announce/release it! Seriously, they are shooting themselves in the foot! Sprint users have Pre Minuses with broken USB covers, cracks going up the USB side and onto the side of the screen (my own girlfriends does) and Sprint or Palm even with Insurance won't replace that, says thats not under warranty unless it gets worse. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FREAKIN COFFEE PALM! YOUR NEARLY DEAD whether you got HP or not. GIVE US A DAMN RELEASE DATE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    I was more disturbed that the Wall Street Journal didn't mention it. They mentioned everyone else

RIM Readies Tablet to Rival iPad - WSJ.com

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9...ns20100921.gif
    Anything associated with Walt Mosberg will be slanted against Palm and positive about Apple. I don't think I have heard one good thing about Palm from him ever.