View Poll Results: Would you want palm to make special edition new webOS devices?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely (but please dont delay the current new webOS decvice)

25 40.98%
  • Do not care for a special edition device

30 49.18%
  • There will be no new webOS device sans printers and toasters

6 9.84%
  1.    #1  
    Should Palm introduce some special edition/limited new WebOS devices?

Like star wars theme or something else. Just having different back covers for pixi is not cutting it I think.

What do you guys think? and more importantly what theme should palm have?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Actually, there is a Business Special Edition of the Palm Pre in Germany.

It is pakced with special equipment. But I don't know anything for sure.
    Especially I just was told that it exists and saw some on eBay. Not in any shop, though.
    Come on, the Pre is old news.

They should have a special edition what ever their future phone is called phone.

But let the Pre die its death.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    the only reason there is an R2D2 android phone is because the phone is called 'droid' and lucas owns the rights to the word. Maybe they (palm) could have a special edition version of a phone but it is really unlikely that it would be star wars themed.

I would just like a super solid, super clean looking, super powerful phone. Give me the looks of the pre, the quality of the BB Torch, and the power of the EVO. Oh and some of that webos 2.0
    I don't think that Palm should concern itself with making a "special edition" phone, since they can't even get us new hardware as it is. Let them get a line of great phones out, and after they've established themselves then consider it.
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."
    give sprint a pre plus, and I'd think of buying, if they kept the current pre pricing.
    maybe they should just release a damn charger. palm is just ******** and not releasing jack sh!t. WM7 was leaked, officially announced, and released before the Palm Pre was even announced. jesus. and they wonder why developers are not developing for them, because they don't see any reason to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    maybe they should just release a damn charger. palm is just ******** and not releasing jack sh!t. WM7 was leaked, officially announced, and released before the Palm Pre was even announced. jesus. and they wonder why developers are not developing for them, because they don't see any reason to.
    What?
    WM7 wasn't announced before the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    give sprint a pre plus, and I'd think of buying, if they kept the current pre pricing.
    What is better on the pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh7 View Post
    What is better on the pre plus?
    faster, more memory
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    What?
    WM7 wasn't announced before the pre...
    just exaggerating it. it was leaked and announced in a way similar to how they say new hardware is in the works. we're not asking for 10 phones like android/htc/samsung/LG but at least one damn phone.
  12.    #12  
    Alright AFTER palm releases a new phone, what do you guys think would a good theme for a special edition phone?
    Would a Palm Pre Supercharged (high clock speed) Edition count?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Would a Palm Pre Supercharged (high clock speed) Edition count?
    I like that idea. Plus make it a different color?
  15.    #15  
    Pixi can have its own special edition too, like paris Hilton special.
    at this point I would be happy for just a leak of a new device. Like my pic, this pre-prototype was leaked a year befor the pre actually came out. It sure made me hang on to my Treo until I got my pre
    Couldn't care less about a special edition Pre. Need new HW soon!
    Do you want milk with your Oreo?
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Do you want milk with your Oreo?
    hey, guess what this refurb sprint pre that i just got doesn't do?

nevermind, don't. you'll probably say something like "not freeze up" (which it does. i mean does not do. er, you get me...).

the answer: oreo! yup, they don't all oreo. in fact, my last on hardly did either.