Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Please take this with a grain of salt as we do with all rumors.

I visited the Union City Sprint store today at 6:00pm to check out the Epic.

The rep was nice.

I told him I was looking for something to tide me over until the next Palm phone came out.

He told me Sprint rejected Palm's newest phone last month. When I pressed him for details, he said he wasn't allowed to say any more. I felt it was more of a pressure tactic to sell the Epic.

In the end, I didn't like the Epic so I thanked him and left the store.
    he lied to you
    If the guy said that an announcement would be made in 2 weeks, people here would be all over it. Selective hearing FTW.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    If the guy said that an announcement would be made in 2 weeks, people here would be all over it. Selective hearing FTW.
    Not really sure what you mean by selective hearing. I don't think I heard him wrong nor am I trying to interpret what he meant.

I'm merely relating what he told me.

As for me, I call BS on the rep and will continue to wait for the new device.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    he lied to you
    that was my feeling
    I have a very trusted source at my local Corporate Repair Store. He said the Palm rep was in a couple weeks ago and said the new phone/phones would release at the beginning of the year. The source also said the HTC rep was in and said they were doing the same thing. I doubt there has been a phone to reject, as of yet.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by selective hearing. I don't think I heard him wrong nor am I trying to interpret what he meant.

I'm merely relating what he told me.

As for me, I call BS on the rep and will continue to wait for the new device.
    I mean, people hear what they want to hear. If a Sprint employee had some bad news to say, it's more likely people would call BS on it than if the employee had some better news, that's all.
    If there was a phone to reject it would have had to hit the FCC filing stage and whatnot.

So I have a hard time believing what he said is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I mean, people hear what they want to hear. If a Sprint employee had some bad news to say, it's more likely people would call BS on it than if the employee had some better news, that's all.
    while what your saying it's true, sprint employees don't know crap. The sales guy doesn't get informed of these kind of decisions.
    The only corrolation I can make with the OP's info is that it has been rumored that Sprint passed up on the Pre+ since it didn't want to push older legacy hardware that was already on other networks for some time. This in fact was a sore point of contention between palm and sprint prior to the merger. However I don't think this would relate to the next gen webos device...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    If there was a phone to reject it would have had to hit the FCC filing stage and whatnot.

So I have a hard time believing what he said is true.
    that's a big relief!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    while what your saying it's true, sprint employees don't know crap. The sales guy doesn't get informed of these kind of decisions.
    thanks for the clarification.
    Man, if everyone's "trusted source" was correct, we would've had 40 phones by now. All of them 4G, no wait, none of them 3G, no wait, they're not coming out until Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan, no wait, they're not coming to Sprint at all. I wish there was a filter that would allow me to get all the trusted source comments, put them all together, and then laugh when none of them actually come true.
    I have a trusted source myself, by the way. He/She told me that HPalm was indeed coming out with a new smartphone device, as well as a tablet, printer, and other form factors. This will all be happening sometime after today. Bank on it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Man, if everyone's "trusted source" was correct, we would've had 40 phones by now. All of them 4G, no wait, none of them 3G, no wait, they're not coming out until Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan, no wait, they're not coming to Sprint at all. I wish there was a filter that would allow me to get all the trusted source comments, put them all together, and then laugh when none of them actually come true.
    I have a trusted source myself, by the way. He/She told me that HPalm was indeed coming out with a new smartphone device, as well as a tablet, printer, and other form factors. This will all be happening sometime after today. Bank on it.
    but my friend's brother's girlfriend's sister said she knows a guy who works for a company that sells HP computers and read a tweet from a lady who heard a conversation in a bar last Thursday night about a new webOS phone that the person's cousin saw through a tinted window. i'm totally convinced this is real. trusted source!
    Last edited by j_grouchy; 09/20/2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Hey, man...people wanna believe, and this is all they have besides reading the HP tea leaves from their vague tweets and comments here and there. I say enjoy the silliness.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Hey, man...people wanna believe, and this is all they have besides reading the HP tea leaves from their vague tweets and comments here and there. I say enjoy the silliness.
    Oh trust me, I enjoy it. I'm just jealous that I don't have any top tier sources who can tell me things that are completely wrong or ambiguous enough to be right no matter what. But trust me, my prediction will be 100% true, thus proving that my source is the greatest.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Oh trust me, I enjoy it. I'm just jealous that I don't have any top tier sources who can tell me things that are completely wrong or ambiguous enough to be right no matter what. But trust me, my prediction will be 100% true, thus proving that my source is the greatest.
    You want an "inside source" on par with the other peeps around here. Here's how to get one:

1) Say you have a source/sources that know about the impending release of XYZ.
    2) ......
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You want an "inside source" on par with the other peeps around here. Here's how to get one:

1) Say you have a source/sources that know about the impending release of XYZ.
    2) ......
    M'kay, here goes.
    I have multiple sources who have triple confirmed that there will be a superphone coming out the first week of Sept. It will be 1.5 GHz with a 4 inch super amoled screen, vertical slider, and 4G capabilities, even in markets that are not currently covered by Sprint's 4G WiMax network. Touchstone not supported as it is being phased out as too futuristic for consumers to embrace. The device is set to launch at the $199 price point on Sprint and AT&T initially, others possibly in the future. This is going to, wait for it, compete almost directly with the Sprint CDMA iPhone4. It seems that both Palm and Apple have soured on Verizon and it's obvious favoring of the Droid line. A CDMA iPhone was already on tap, and Sprint seemed to make much more sense as a partner to Apple than Verizon did. Palm is also bypassing Verizon in favor of AT&T to compete with the iphone in that market as well.

M'kay, here goes.
    I have multiple sources who have triple confirmed that there will be a superphone coming out the first week of Sept. It will be 1.5 GHz with a 4 inch super amoled screen, vertical slider, and 4G capabilities, even in markets that are not currently covered by Sprint's 4G WiMax network. Touchstone not supported as it is being phased out as too futuristic for consumers to embrace. The device is set to launch at the $199 price point on Sprint and AT&T initially, others possibly in the future. This is going to, wait for it, compete almost directly with the Sprint CDMA iPhone4. It seems that both Palm and Apple have soured on Verizon and it's obvious favoring of the Droid line. A CDMA iPhone was already on tap, and Sprint seemed to make much more sense as a partner to Apple than Verizon did. Palm is also bypassing Verizon in favor of AT&T to compete with the iphone in that market as well.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha-*gasp*-hahahahahahahahaha! woo! Good times.
    The only phone Sprint could have rejected from Palm would be the existing Palm Pre Plus with 16GB Storage RAM and 512KB program memory...Otherwise, there are no official new phones from HP/Palm announced yet...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast