Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    The only phone Sprint could have rejected from Palm would be the existing Palm Pre Plus with 16GB Storage RAM and 512KB program memory...Otherwise, there are no official new phones from HP/Palm announced yet...
    The only phone YOU know about. I'm pretty sure the carriers know about the phones well before the general public, wouldn't you say?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    The only phone YOU know about. I'm pretty sure the carriers know about the phones well before the general public, wouldn't you say?
    Doubtful as most of the people are that actually report the news here and other places also know how to look through the FCC for new postings.

On top of that we knew about every phone coming out that wasn't just a ram/wifi/space upgrade
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Doubtful as most of the people are that actually report the news here and other places also know how to look through the FCC for new postings.

On top of that we knew about every phone coming out that wasn't just a ram/wifi/space upgrade
    I think you're wrong. My sources are pretty tight.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I own a business and have a high-level Sprint connect. I also have a Palm connect, but she may not be useful anymore as she may have lost her job. Her name is Gretchen, from Accounting. Both sources say Palm's next-gen phone was going to be released in April (yes, nItOxYs was correct!). Then they changed it to June. Then July. Then August. Then September. Then October-December. It had a 3.7" LCD screen, Zune integration, Pico projector, 32GB of storage, 640 x 480 resolution, physical keyboard, etc. Of course, HP had other plans. Now, an announcement will be made at CES 2011, and this new phone will blow everything out there away like Dorothy and Toto. This new uberphone will have:

-absolutely beautiful luxury Voodoo design, courtesy of Mr. Sood's team
    -webOS 2.2
    -TI Omap 4490 1.8GHz Dual-Core CPU (Onboard GPU disabled)
    -5" IPS pressure-sensitive screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution
    -Pico projector
    -128GB of storage
    -2GB of RAM
    -Physical Magic Keyboard
    -Virtual keyboard and Wacom pen support (pen sold separately)
    -12MP HD camera, 5MP front-facing HD camera
    -Coffee-maker attachment (included!)
    -Beats Audio
    -nVidia GeForce Mobile GTX 460 Graphics
    -Zune and Windows/Xbox Live integration
    -3000mah "slimline" battery (15 hours of talk time - I actually talk that much sometimes)
    -HDMI out, VGA out, DLNA support
    -Kickstand
    -Dual mics
    -Included Touchstone 2

And don't even get me started on the Palm Pad. The tablet will be released in March, with the phone in May, on all major AND regional US carriers! There will also be a wifi-only version of the tablet and PDA/iPod Touch-like version of the phone.

My sources are 99 40/100 percent accurate. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 09/20/2010 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Why do people think the in-store sales guys have ANY idea what is going on between the carriers and manufacturers?? They are there to sell the phones that are in the store. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I own a business and have a high-level Sprint connect. I also have a Palm connect, but she may not be useful anymore as she may have lost her job. Her name is Gretchen, from Accounting. Both sources say Palm's next-gen phone was going to be released in April (yes, nItOxYs was correct!). Then they changed it to June. Then July. Then August. Then Septemper. Then Octorber-December. It had a 3.7" LCD screen, Zune integration, Pico projector, 32GB of storage, 640 x 480 resolution, physical keyboard, etc. Of course, HP had other plans. Now, an announcement will be made at CES 2011, and this new phone will blow everything out there away like Dorothy and Toto. This new uberphone will have:

-TI Omap 4090 1.8GHz Dual-Core CPU (Onboard GPU disabled)
    -Pico projector
    -128GB of storage
    -2GB of RAM
    -Physical Magic Keyboard
    -Coffee maker attachment (included!)
    -Beats Audio
    -nVidia Mobile GTX 460 Graphics
    -3000mah "slimline" battery (15 hours of talk time - I actually talk that much sometimes)
    -Kickstand
    -Dual mics
    -Included Touchstone 2

And don't even get me started on the Palm Pad. The tablet will be released in March, with the phone in May, on all major AND regional US carriers! There will also be a wifi-only version of the tablet and PDA/iPod Touch-like version of the phone.

Ahhhhhh, I see what you did there
    Huh, what?
    heres a funny article over at webosworld. A questions was asked about when a new palm phone was coming out for sprint, he didnt even know Palm was bought by HP.

http://www.webosworld.com/2010/09/20...t-rep-told-me/

its sad to think and hope that some sprint reps regular, or corporate have reliable information at all. So to me If I'm taking anything with a grain of salt regarding rumors it will be atleast from a so called insider at HP only, and not a represenative at a Sprint, Verizon or any carriers store.
    I own a business and have a high-level Sprint connect. I also have a Palm connect, but she may not be useful anymore as she may have lost her job. Her name is Gretchen, from Accounting. Both sources say Palm's next-gen phone was going to be released in April (yes, nItOxYs was correct!). Then they changed it to June. Then July. Then August. Then September. Then October-December. It had a 3.7" LCD screen, Zune integration, Pico projector, 32GB of storage, 640 x 480 resolution, physical keyboard, etc. Of course, HP had other plans. Now, an announcement will be made at CES 2011, and this new phone will blow everything out there away like Dorothy and Toto. This new uberphone will have:

-absolutely beautiful luxury Voodoo design, courtesy of Mr. Sood's team
    -webOS 2.2
    -TI Omap 4490 1.8GHz Dual-Core CPU (Onboard GPU disabled)
    -Pico projector
    -128GB of storage
    -2GB of RAM
    -Physical Magic Keyboard
    -Beats Audio
    -nVidia GeForce Mobile GTX 460 Graphics
    -Kickstand
    -Dual mics
    -Included Touchstone 2

They just better make sure the coffee maker doesn't take 10 minutes to warm up, or something. I mean, seriously.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a funny article over at webosworld. A questions was asked about when a new palm phone was coming out for sprint, he didnt even know Palm was bought by HP.
    I had that same thing happen to me & I have mentioned it several times in this forum. In fact as I read the article you posted, I almost thought they had poached it from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I mean, people hear what they want to hear. If a Sprint employee had some bad news to say, it's more likely people would call BS on it than if the employee had some better news, that's all.
    Or, maybe people weigh what's said, and make intelligent deicsions about what to believe. You don't speak for anyone on here but you, so you can only say how you would react.

Personally, I take it with a large grain of salt. Not because it's "bad news", but because it doesn't sound plausible. I'd react the same way if the rep said they were offered the iPhone, but turned it down because they didn't like the terms.

Sprint is not in a position to turn down any phones that may bring them customers.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    If there was a phone to reject it would have had to hit the FCC filing stage and whatnot.

So I have a hard time believing what he said is true.
    FCCC filings can be delayed until announcement or release so that carriers and builders can test the phone before going through FCCC filing for a finalized phone. Many electronic makers do this to keep consumers on their toes. It's common play now.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I think you're wrong. My sources are pretty tight.
    that's what she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    that's what she said.
    Heyooooooo!!!!!

Heyooooooo!!!!!
    And we have offically hit rock bottom.

The lack of news from hp and palm is like a nail in a coffin. Im not suprised sprint reps don't even know HP bought palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    And we have offically hit rock bottom.

The lack of news from hp and palm is like a nail in a coffin. Im not suprised sprint reps don't even know HP bought palm.
    BooooYaaaaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Or, maybe people weigh what's said, and make intelligent deicsions about what to believe.
    I wish this was the case. Are we on the same forums? Look how long threads are that start with someone posting up a "positive" rumors vs "negative" ones, and you'll see what I mean. Glad you don't take rumors to heart. Ideally, people should take all Sprint rep rumors with a large grain of salt, but that doesn't really seem to happen with some people here, sorry to say. Just making observations here.
    It's possible Sprint rejected Palm's "newest phone." Since Palm's newest phone is the Palm Pre Plus, I can see Sprint rejecting it due to its 18-month-old design.
    What kind of lame ****! It better be built in, attachment my ***!

Won't really matter, the iPhone with built in expresso machine with steam wand to froth the milk will be out by then anyway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12