Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    WebOS tablet late October to early November.

Edit: If HP is smart, they will release a new WebOS phone last October or early November because Windows Phone 7 will not be released in the US until the first half of 2011. But, I don't thank the HP is smart.
    First, HP's already said that the tablet is coming in Q1 of 2011. And I'm sure they meant calendar and not fiscal.

Second, outside of the typos, seriously: you "don't thank the (sic) HP is smart"? Really? You think a company gets to $130 billion in annual revenues by being stupid? #1 in PC sales? #1 in server sales (by $ volume)? A leader in IT services, cloud computing, telecom equipment? All that, and you don't think they're "smart"?

Oh, and: Windows Phone 7 will be released in October, on GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile) in the US. It's CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) that's waiting until 2011.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    Hey, like most people I'd like to see a new phone by the end of the month. Hell I wanted a new phone 6 months ago. But given Palm's history, I just don't see it happening soon.
    That does seem to be the sad case. I've been dying to get out of my Touch Pro and away from WinMo, but the current webos offerings on Sprint just aren't worth spending a subsidized upgrade on for me, and I refuse to take a tour through another OS (android - which really looks like another WinMo to me, or blackberry).
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    That does seem to be the sad case. I've been dying to get out of my Touch Pro and away from WinMo, but the current webos offerings on Sprint just aren't worth spending a subsidized upgrade on for me, and I refuse to take a tour through another OS (android - which really looks like another WinMo to me, or blackberry).
    I agree....I'm on sprint as well and probably would've switched a while ago if they had better offerings. I know they have the EVO, and I'm not being a Palmfanboy, but I just couldn't get into it. Didn't like the hardware and felt there were better Android offerings on other carriers.
    I really doubt they will release 2.0 this year. Palm is doing things too slow and I don't trust them anymore.
    next week is the earliest we could see something .......
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Wow...over 2 years since original Pre was released? It's hard to make it in today's cell phone market by going 2 years b/w releases.

With the Pre reaching EOL on Sprint and Verizon, that's NO Palm devices for sale for over 4 months.
    It hasn't been 2 years since launch. It's been a year and three months. It was launched June 6th, 2009. It was announced at CES in January of 09. By the time they come out with anything new, it will have been 2 years since the announcement of the Pre and WebOS, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    If you get a Windows Mobile phone and put SPB Mobile Shell 3 on it, you have an Android phone. Very cool and I loved it on my Touch Pro, but very boring. The Android phone I played with for a couple weeks (Samsung Moment) was not at all user friendly either and there were a lot of personalization options missing.
    I believe we'll have an announcement in October and hardware either late October or in November. Why? Simple. Verizon's EOL and Sprint's free offer on Pixi's are both late October. Why would Palm allow Verizon to go EOL and have no new phones ready for them? You need to have hardware sales to keep the income up. To believe they won't have a high end WebOS device on Verizon for several months seems absurd.

Besides WebOS 2.0 and hardware have both been, repeatedly, mentioned for THIS year by Rubenstein. If they have a phone that is totally off the charts, they may want to surprise everyone with it, as it will be like a bombshell and could send people running to pick it up. There is more than one way to drum up demand for a product.
    The CTIA fall conference dubbed CTIA Enterprise & Applications is supposed to be from Oct 6-8th in San Francisco. May be this is wishful thinking but hopefully Palm will have a presence and will announce something.
    I feel like after the webOS 2.0 announcement they faded away again about a week later. The general public doesn't care or even know about Palm. For the "iPod Generation" anything but an iPhone is uncool.

As for a release window I really don't know anymore. It's looking more and more that 2.0 will be a software only release. Plus there's not many groundbreaking features in my opinion. At least from what we know so far. If it is going to be this year then DAMN am I impressed with Palm and their ability to keep secrets. I don't think I've seen any company keep something this tight.
    They're next device BETTER be innovative. Something that other phones don't offer. I love HTC and all, but none of their devices are really innovative because of Android. There's not much room to have some crazy stuff in there. If Palm's next device isn't innovative I'm going to give WP7 a go. But either way I'll be waiting til 2011 even though my upgrade is next month.
    i keep seeing palm this and palm that, and i understand that they r considered a "seperate entity" working under the hand of HP, but is everyone forgetting they r completely and 100% owned by HP. this means ALL the backing that HP wants, and if they do want to throw palm into an accellerated program to help they're products move along, why would they not b able to since they own the company. i think that not only will we see a device by the end of the year, but i think that we'll see other form factors at LEAST announced by the end of the year officially(even though i think we'll see a tablet by the holiday season to start this whole "devices working together" idea). i think that something is gonna b announced the 21st of Oct... thats my date
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Why would Palm allow Verizon to go EOL and have no new phones ready for them?
    Because 4 -5 months ago, when those new phones should have been in production, Palm had no money and was looking for a buyer?
    Why does everyone think the tablet will come by the end of this year? Haven't they already said that the tablet will be early 2011?
    More importantly, why does everyone think HPalm is going to benefit from sneaking in with some blockbuster announcement that nobody knows about ahead of time? There's a reason Microsoft is allowing so much pre-release access to WP7 and its apps: It builds confidence and buzz.

After the initial release of WebOS flopping, this relaunch should be built up properly with an orchestrated campaign of leaks, hands-on, demos, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    More importantly, why does everyone think HPalm is going to benefit from sneaking in with some blockbuster announcement that nobody knows about ahead of time? There's a reason Microsoft is allowing so much pre-release access to WP7 and its apps: It builds confidence and buzz.

After the initial release of WebOS flopping, this relaunch should be built up properly with an orchestrated campaign of leaks, hands-on, demos, etc.
    I agree, and think this is exactly what HP is doing, getting their ducks in a row and will broadcast it heavy when ready. I'm pretty sure they know from the history of the intial release of Webos was bad, they need to make sure its a hit. They cant afford to release products with hiccups, or inferior specs, if they plan on competiting in the mobile, and tablet market.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Does anyone think HPalm will announce anything at web2.0 expo?

Web 2.0 Expo New York 2010 - Co-produced by TechWeb & O'Reilly Conferences, September 27 - 30, 2010, New York, NY

It would be great if they announced here and then release shortly after.

Event - Web 2.0 Expo 2010 - Palm Developer Center

Here is says they will be demonstrating products, tools, and services. Probably not ideal for an announcement since other players will be there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Does anyone think HPalm will announce anything at web2.0 expo?

Web 2.0 Expo New York 2010 - Co-produced by TechWeb & O'Reilly Conferences, September 27 - 30, 2010, New York, NY

It would be great if they announced here and then release shortly after.

Event - Web 2.0 Expo 2010 - Palm Developer Center

Here is says they will be demonstrating products, tools, and services. Probably not ideal for an announcement since other players will be there as well.
    They are not announcing anything here or at CTIA (they're not even listed as exhibitors there) or anywhere else in the coming weeks. It'd be nice to see something before the year is out, but my money is on CES 2011.
    Lol....I'm saving my upgrade for this next one. Hope its worth it :-) Well, it's Palm, so I know it will be worth it!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast