Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post
    The official Windows Phone 7 announcement is going to be mid October. Do you think it would be better to have an announcement before or after that?
    I don't HPalm is nowhere near the announcement by Oct. If they are working on this new device, I am guessing some leak starts to come out around Oct or Nov. And Possible release the phone next year around March. Hopely WebOS 2.0 is ready by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I don't HPalm is nowhere near the announcement by Oct. If they are working on this new device, I am guessing some leak starts to come out around Oct or Nov. And Possible release the phone next year around March. Hopely WebOS 2.0 is ready by then.
    WebOS 2.0 is slated to be released this year not next
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I think you will see webOS 2.0 before you see new hardware, although I would assume both will be here before the holiday shopping season.

If they can't leak details, they should announce the date they will make the announcement. That's what Microsoft does to fill the gap when they don't have anything interesting to talk about - they talk about when they will have something interesting to talk about.
    i think we can seriously expect to see something on the 32nd day of the 13th month.
    I believed it was 2011 for some time, and I still do. I just don't see a company serious about competing in the 2010 holiday season being dead silent through October. Samsung has had event after event. Microsoft has several coming up. Despite that, each of those companies is juuuuust going to make the cutoff (November).

Don't see HP/Palm moving any faster.
    I understand that companies need to be tight-lipped to a point, but as a consumer it'd sure be nice to know if Palm was releasing something in the relatively near future. Otherwise, you go out and buy a device and then 31 days later, Palm releases the Pre 2, but you're stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I believed it was 2011 for some time, and I still do. I just don't see a company serious about competing in the 2010 holiday season being dead silent through October. Samsung has had event after event. Microsoft has several coming up. Despite that, each of those companies is juuuuust going to make the cutoff (November).

Don't see HP/Palm moving any faster.
    Palm hasn't been silent though. They already announced WebOS 2.0. I would say that is strategy of a bunch of small announcements to keep themselves in the media from now until launch.
    Any truth to the rumors of the Pre 2 on Verizon in October? That would be PERFECT timing for me.
    yes, didn't you get the memo? ps, that's october of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post
    Palm hasn't been silent though. They already announced WebOS 2.0. I would say that is strategy of a bunch of small announcements to keep themselves in the media from now until launch.
    They dropped a beta SDK that a bunch of tech sites took apart the same day, and then forgot about hours later. That's not an announcement, nor has it "kept them in the media". The only video anyone has seen is someone running this beta stuff in an emulator.

Not silent is what Microsoft is doing. Sending full beta builds out specifically for review....previewing launch games...other apps. There's a wealth of WP7 demo videos and app videos on YouTube. And that would be because they are launching in Europe and Asia next month, along with America the month after.

HPalm's silence leads me to believe they are nowhere near launching a new device, and Rahul Sood's "not soon" comment cinched it, in my mind.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    like emceesquared said "32nd day of the 13th month".

seriously though, I don't think we'll see anything until March 2011 (phone), although a tablet I can see before the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    like emceesquared said "32nd day of the 13th month".

seriously though, I don't think we'll see anything until March 2011 (phone), although a tablet I can see before the end of the year.
    Wow...over 2 years since original Pre was released? It's hard to make it in today's cell phone market by going 2 years b/w releases.

With the Pre reaching EOL on Sprint and Verizon, that's NO Palm devices for sale for over 4 months.
    don't forget about the "RoadRunner" and "RoadRunner HD" devices that several app sites saw. I think hardware is coming soon, but webOS 2.0 will be sooner. Palm would be crazy to be completely silent through a Wphone7 announcement and the holiday buying season...

Maybe they can offer a free upgrade to the next hardware to anyone that buys a Pre between now and announcement.

They upgrade software, maybe they have enough excess inventory to liquidate that they could also offer hardware upgrades!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I think you'll hear an announcement at the end of this month to get the market excited going into next quarter. There will be a release in 4Q10.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Wow...over 2 years since original Pre was released? It's hard to make it in today's cell phone market by going 2 years b/w releases.

With the Pre reaching EOL on Sprint and Verizon, that's NO Palm devices for sale for over 4 months.
    But that's been Palm's M.O......go for years without releasing updated hardware. And to your point about making it in today's cell phone market, they've already shown that can't make it because of their laxed timeline for releasing hardware in a timely matter.

you also said "NO Palm devices for sale for over 4 months"....I think we can all honestly say that they probably aren't moving that many Pres/Pixis anyway with the influx of Android phones.

Hey, like most people I'd like to see a new phone by the end of the month. Hell I wanted a new phone 6 months ago. But given Palm's history, I just don't see it happening soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    don't forget about the "RoadRunner" and "RoadRunner HD" devices that several app sites saw. I think hardware is coming soon, but webOS 2.0 will be sooner. Palm would be crazy to be completely silent through a Wphone7 announcement and the holiday buying season.
    Well, they stayed silent through the Evo and Epic launches on Sprint, and then a pretty high level employee said that new hardware was coming "not soon". They don't seem too concerned with engaging competition or customers in the short-term.
    I think HP palm is trying to look at the bigger picture right now and we wont see anything until CES in january. Palm said that it had a road map but i think that part of it was scratched out and and we are going to look at a whole new portfolio of devices.

My opinion is that they better have more than 2 devices. Innovation. And they better wow me.
    My thoughts and hopes are that they announce something during October and have it released no later then November. But obviously it won't hit Canada until 2011... -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    But, I don't thank the HP is smart.
    Aw, sure they are... touchsmart, mediasmart...

Who's flying this thing?
    A long time before they say anything.

Why would they worry about current WebOS users. We make up like 4% of all smartphones.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast