1.    #1  
    The $3 iPad Wall Mount

I know it's ipad content, but I am looking specifically at the WebOS tablet as an awesome kitchen device for our house!
    Nice. And given my recent gadget spending spree, I might need an idea like this to help sell a tablet to my wife...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    Yeah that's my long term plan when the tablet comes out and we have the money for it. Really tired of having the laptop out taking up valuable counter space when cooking a new recipe..... the added value of a webos type device where I could have some video streaming or whatever and switch back to the recipe when needed. The uses are endless in my view, at home and on the go.
    How are the speakers on an iPad. If i wanted to cook and have a show streaming at the same time, would it be loud enough? I have a netbook currently and it is just way to quiet when I turn the fans on and have water boiling, etc.
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
    the answer is bluetooth stereo headphones. they are GREAT. total freedom and best of all with them on all i hear is the music, audio book Pandora..... and not the wife complaining about this that AND the other thing
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah that's my long term plan when the tablet comes out and we have the money for it. Really tired of having the laptop out taking up valuable counter space when cooking a new recipe..... the added value of a webos type device where I could have some video streaming or whatever and switch back to the recipe when needed. The uses are endless in my view, at home and on the go.
    Until the webOS slate/pad ships, you could just attach a touchstone to your fridge/cabinet and do all of that with your Pre. Or, you could get one off Craig's List and use meta-doctor to use it as wifi-only so it can stay in the kitchen...
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    How are the speakers on an iPad. If i wanted to cook and have a show streaming at the same time, would it be loud enough? I have a netbook currently and it is just way to quiet when I turn the fans on and have water boiling, etc.
    You mean Speaker - as in only one. It's decent quality, but is not particularly loud. A set of A2DP speakers would be a necessity in any situation that wasn't a quiet one.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Until the webOS slate/pad ships, you could just attach a touchstone to your fridge/cabinet and do all of that with your Pre. Or, you could get one off Craig's List and use meta-doctor to use it as wifi-only so it can stay in the kitchen...
    Eh not really real world functional.... I have done that for a recipe I have cooked before, but needed a reminder on measurements.....