Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Teejay, did you happen to note what kind of a phone the marketeer, er.. Marketing Director was carrying?
    A release date for the release date ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Interesting that HP will make no public announcements about the release dates of either device (windows or webOS slates) in anything but the most vague terms, but an anonymous HP 'marketing director' shares detailed release information about these two products with a complete stranger in a random meeting. My Giggle Test meter is pegged.
    I think it's even more interesting that people bemoan that there are no leaks. Then when there are some, they bemoan that they aren't official enough.

I think some people are demanding an official announement now for release of a full product line tomorrow, and by golly it better not have no freakin' bugs or issues (and please, be sure to check with me first to make sure it meets my approval).

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Very exciting news! I'm sure even if OP isn't under an NDA, they rep won't send out specifics until a public release is made.

Even so, either way (tablet or phone)... Happy Dance!

http://dckickball.org/wp-content/upl...9/08/homer.jpg
    I'm dancing with ya.
    Clearly HP/Palm has the information drip going on. It's becoming obvious. What makes me believe that they may indeed have something special is how tight lipped they have been knowing full well that they could show more. After all, showing a little bit more and hinting, more firmly, at specs can really whip up the consumers. It's quite possible that they are very seriously concerned with competitors seeing what they are bringing, in an Apple paranoid kind of way.

Either they are stupid, and have nothing coming out this calendar year, or they really have something they think will be special. This makes me optimistically excited about the possibilities.

We'll see soon enough. Only 3 more months in this year (realistically).
    will folks here stand in line overnight if/when a new tablet announced? I sure will, or at least I'll be there on day1
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    will folks here stand in line overnight if/when a new tablet announced? I sure will, or at least I'll be there on day1
    tablet most likely, but I think if they dont release a phone first most people will feel some kind of way you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    tablet most likely, but I think if they dont release a phone first most people will feel some kind of way you know.
    I believe that HP/Palm will release the WebOS tablet first. Also there is a new rumor that Apple will release the 2nd generation iPad Q1 2011.

HP/Palm don't want to be at the bottom of the tablet market like it is at the bottom of the smartphone market.
    We know webOS 2.0 will be released before the end of the year. I don't think Palm will release a major revision of the OS without new hardware to go along with it.

So I am still hopeful we will see hardware in the next few months.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    In my line of work I get to meet people from many corporate walks of life and being the tech geek that I am I'm usually able to talk to them about the future aspects of technology.

Today I had the opportunity to meet one of HP's marketing directors, who immediately noticed my Sprint Pre sitting on my desk. I mentioned PreCentral, and how the site was buzzing about the upcoming rumored tablet, and phone, and he said "We know about PreCentral and like it very much, the ideas that the developers there have come up with are very exciting and will be the basis of many of the things that the WebOS slate will have. The phone, and PC's, particularly the larger touch screen PC's will be absolutely beautiful and feature loaded when they start hitting."

I asked WHEN?? The response was that the Windows slate was already in production before the acquisition, and so would be out real soon, and that the WebOS would be a couple of weeks after that. He assured me that the fans of the OS would not be disappointed, and that the phone is absolutely beautiful, more beautiful than "that" other phone.

He promised to send me specs and pictures as soon as he can.

I'M PYSCHED!! I will unquestionably hold on to see what's down the road. I will consider my source to be reliable as his enthusiasm was spontaneous when he saw the phone, and very forthcoming. So - lets see what happens.

YIPPEE!! I dont know about you guys but I'm doin a happy dance!!
    so....has he sent you specs and pictures yet?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    We know webOS 2.0 will be released before the end of the year. I don't think Palm will release a major revision of the OS without new hardware to go along with it.

So I am still hopeful we will see hardware in the next few months.
    Must agree here. WebOS 2.0 itself will be amazing, but on new hardware it will be jawdropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    so....has he sent you specs and pictures yet?
    The OP said the marketing director would send the specs 'as soon as he can.' That usually translates into 'as soon as it's public knowledge through official HP channels.'
    I hope they hurry...my launch day Pre has developed a crack from the USB corner that's starting to creep onto the screen!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

The OP said the marketing director would send the specs 'as soon as he can.' That usually translates into 'as soon as it's public knowledge through official HP channels.'
    *sigh*

well, I was just put to Sprint Premier status - so I can get a phone at a discounted price every 12 months - which will be this coming February 1st! So I'll be waiting until then anyways - hoping I can get a new Palm phone then!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Did he also send you his resume so you can help him find a new job after he sends you the aforementioned specs and pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    A release date for the release date ftw.
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like waiting on release dates, so I put a release date on your release date so you can wait while you wait.

http://eartodastreetz.com/wp-content.../05/xzibit.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    i was first in line at my location in my area for the pre when it came out and ill b first in line when new hardware hits... and i hope it hits soon, cuz my current pre(pre #5) has a power button that doesnt work, and now the keyboard died yesterday, so im gonna b on pre #6 total, and if thats not dedication i dont kno what is haha
    I got my power button fixed for free at a sprint repair store saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like waiting on release dates, so I put a release date on your release date so you can wait while you wait.

http://eartodastreetz.com/wp-content.../05/xzibit.jpg
    I seee what you did thar
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I hope they hurry...my launch day Pre has developed a crack from the USB corner that's starting to creep onto the screen!!
    mine too, recently. I put some crazy glue gel (tis thicker than regular one) on it to prevent it spreading to the touchscreen. looks fugly as you can see the brushstroke that applied the glue/goop but it should prevent/slow the creep enough until the replacement is available [crossed fingers]
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12