1.    #1  
    With all of the talk of new WebOS hardware, I ran across this study which confirms what I have always thought. On the whole people prefer a real keyboard to a virtual keyboard.

Out of 5,095 votes, 50.3% preferred physical keyboards, while 39.5% preferred virtual ones, with 10.3 undecided or preferring T9.

Mobile Keyboard Faceoff: Physical vs. Virtual

I will not own a phone without a real keyboard.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Virtual FTW!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Virtual FTW!!!
    English please. Perhaps you were using your virtual keyboard and this is what you got.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't understand the "English please" statement. He's saying he prefers virtual FTW (For The Win).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    of course I have a Evo too, and thought the realestate is huge is just more easier to type on my pres keyboard when punching out long messages, or emails. Though I still believe the combination of both is the best way to go, killin two birds with one stone type thing you know.
    Meh, I'll take my physical keyboard, I really prefer being able to feel the difference between where the buttons are, instead of hitting the virtual key, and hoping that I hit right one and not accidentally hitting any other ones. And also having to look after each letter to see if I hit the right one.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't understand the "English please" statement. He's saying he prefers virtual FTW (For The Win).
    this was an attempt at a joke. FTW is not a word!

Must have the physical keyboard, but a well-designed virtual keyboard would be handy to have for various situations.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I prefer a physical keyboard for sure. A top virtual keyboard is usable, but still can't compete with the speed or accuracy of a physical keyboard. At least for me that's how it works...
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I prefer a hardware keyboard. Even after typing on the big iPad screen going back to the Pre feels good and reminds me how good the Pre's keyboard is.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo