Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Right, they withhold certain things, but the release date for those holdings are still available to the public. See for example: http://www.precentral.net/fcc-files-...tt-pre-due-may
    Actually, you can see the filing dates in hind sight, after the device is released, if the manufatcurer choses to not disclose any information publically.

If anyone thinks that Palm/HP do NOT want to make a huge marketting event out of the next smartphone, they would be mistaken, IMO.

A careful study of the Pre would indicate, clearly, failures in marketting and hardware quality, otherwise, the Pre would have been, likely, a major success - money solves both of those issues, and the more anticipatin there is leading up to an announcement, the more coverage it will recieve.. that is, of course, a double edged sword... you can eithe rlive or die by it.

IF the Pre2 is an innovative, high quality dev-ice worthy of being state of the art and more, that's the correct way to play this.

My opinion is, Q4 annoucement and launch of Pre 2 and possible one other device with an alternate form factor - sort of "salt" and "pepper" flavors.

Im not in the know.. just proginsticating.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Okay, if we're going to have a debate about this let's be real. 2sslow and wellwellwell11, please explain why you full-heartedly believe that we will see new hardware this year. And please provide facts if you state something along the lines of "new hardware has been in the works for a while."
    Please remember these discussions are about equipment and not people. Lets stay civil folks... If you don't like comments, report them if they are out of line, or be polite if you want to debate points.

All off-topic, rude, argumentative posts have been deleted. If the discussion can't stay on-topic and away from personal insults we can just close this.

Thank you
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 01:28 AM.
    my 2cents

Palm Devices to be Announced Prior to WP7 Release?

this, after sprint gets MP7 in Q1 in 2011 we get webOS hardware?

but why would palm say they are working on new hardware? And 2.0 will be done by the end of the year? Wouldn't palm want new hardware with that realease?.... Idk there just to many rumors....
    heres some infor throughout the year of work being done on a new device before and after the acquistion with HP. To me Hp knows the holiday season is big, and they know they can make alot of money during so. Hp has the money to fast produce a great device (or in this sense revamp a device that has already been in works), and release it before 2011, to def captialize on even WP7 now being announced not being available for sprint and Verizon until 2011. Just my opinion, and yes barkerJ i respect yours heres some info:

http://www.precentral.net/new-webos-...er-development

they state their will be a device this year

Palm Hardware - Palm prepares new hardware

Jon Rubinstein: WebOS 2.0 To Be Released For Download By End Of 2010, New Hardware Coming Too – SoftSailor

HP's Rubinstein Says webOS 2.0 Coming Later This Year - HotHardware

rub still stating working hard on new hardware this year

Rubinstein: We Still Have a Plan

rub stated they had a pipeline with products plural and working fast and furious

Palm Devices to be Announced Prior to WP7 Release?

and our webosworld with insider news stated sprint and palm making an announcement by novemeber

What Happened to the Palm c40? (UPDATED!)

webosworld stating from insiders on that pipeline of products rub was talking about
    What exactly are we betting on? I'm a betting man and willing to bet.
    Your statement was that Palm had ideas (my emphasis) for their next lineup, but that you would be willing to bet that's all it was.

I'll even keep it in the context of new hardware. So, here's the bet - that Palm was actively working on at least one new phone device before the acquisition.

What's up for the bet? How about the loser buys the winner his choice of cell phone (cell phone only, no iPads, toaster ovesn with cell embedded, etc). Time frame - if it's not known that Palm has been working on the device within 6 months, I'll say I lost.
    How are you going to prove that? And what does 'working on' mean? Idea to paper? Comp manufactured? Launch plan?

All that matters is ship date.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    How are you going to prove that? And what does 'working on' mean? Idea to paper? Comp manufactured? Launch plan?

All that matters is ship date.
    This thread got a little heated and the mods deleted quite a few posts so your not getting the whole story, so Im sure its a little confusion.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydcomment View Post
    A local Sprint rep, who is a great guy, was one of our local Palm contacts when the Pre launched, etc, told me not to expect a new Palm phone on Sprint before, at best[ Q3 2011.

He was actually predicting Q4, but when I pushed him, he said maybe Q3.

This is devastating as my Palm died (just after I had quit the insurance plan - doh!) and I sooooooo prefer WebOS over Android. But if we don't get a holiday announcement, then I'm going to have to jump ship.

Obviously, this isn't official or anything, but it's sad.
    I did it and honestly I love android. Web os its great but we have nothing to keep our interest at the moment. I currently have the Samsung Epic. Great phone!
    Sprint reps are just sleazy salespeople.

I went in two days ago to see about getting a refurb for my cracked Pre, and the salesman, said he couldn't help me. He then asked if I was eligible for an upgrade (I am) and of course started pushing me to the Evo. I told him I was waiting for Palm to come out with something, and he said, "Their next phone is crap. I have a connection over at Palm; it should be coming out soon, but seriously, it's crap." Then he went off on all the features of the Evo...

These reps don't know ****. They'll say anything to get us to upgrade as soon as possible for their commissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    And, just how do you know that if they do wait a year, that the competition will have "leapt ahead"???
    Because Apple, HTC, Motorola, and several others haven't reached the zenith of their development. Cortex-A9 chips are due from several manufacturers. Liquid camera lens technology may become widespread. USB 3.0 will have become more common.

It's really not that hard to imagine.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    This just makes me laugh!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    A Verizon rep told me yesterday that Palm will release anything on VZW ever again. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Because Apple, HTC, Motorola, and several others haven't reached the zenith of their development. Cortex-A9 chips are due from several manufacturers. Liquid camera lens technology may become widespread. USB 3.0 will have become more common.

It's really not that hard to imagine.
    Good thing that HP has over 40,000 engineers (and over 900 PhD's at HP Labs) to lead the way in just this kind of technology.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    A Verizon rep told me yesterday that Palm will release anything on VZW ever again. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.
    He may be right. It may be HP or HP Palm that releases the phone on VZW vs Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    He may be right. It may be HP or HP Palm that releases the phone on VZW vs Palm.
    a sprint guy told me nothing from palm will be coming to sprint for a while a long while. while it may be true , he did not say anything about something coming from hp or hp palm!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I dont know what to do!!! I had a best buy warranty and I broke my pre so I can get any phone of equal value to the pre (any sprint phone mainly evo or epic) but I just don't know if I should get one of those or wait it out using best buy's loaner phone until the next palm handset is released. Most sources are telling me itll be awhile until sprint gets a new palm device but then I read this???
    What Happened to the Palm c40? (UPDATED!)

webosworld stating from insiders on that pipeline of products rub was talking about
    get another pre and sit back and wait out the first batch of phones to weed out the glitches is what i will do .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    a sprint guy told me nothing from palm will be coming to sprint for a while a long while. while it may be true , he did not say anything about something coming from hp or hp palm!
    I was joking & should have put the smiley face. I have previously posted that a Sprint Rep told me Palm was going out of business & would never make another phone nor would there be anything like the Pre. The Rep had no clue that Palm had been purchased months before by HP--literally no idea as I learned when I told her about the sale of the company.

Why are we getting so worked up over what a Rep at a store tells us? This thread started as a "Local Sprint Rep..." Not a Palm or HP or Sprint Executive--who wouldn't tell us anyway w/o a press release, nor was it told by an investigative reporter (as if those still exist) or anyone w/even a touch of credibility.
  20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    A Sprint representative has an interest in telling you that a phone you are waiting for is not coming out soon. It removes the incentive to not buy a new phone from sprint and not sign up for a new 2 year contract netting Sprint thousands of dollars. This is true, whether or not the rep has any credible info.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast