Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 105
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    When HP says Q1 2011, they mean THEIR Q1, not ours....Their Q1 for a Webos Tablet might as well be prior to Christmas.
    A company with an off-calendar fiscal year only means its own Q1 if they says FYQ1. Otherwise, they mean CYQ1 (calendar year Q1). Otherwise, it gets too confusing to the public.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    3) "Jackson" and webosworld have ZERO credibility at this point.
    I'm not sure about zero, but after seeing some of the posts by other people there who clearly do not understand the market or the technology, the credibility is certainly shaken in my mind.
  3. #63  
    All of you guys that say Palm is going to lose customers if they don't come out with a new phone soon are soooo funny.

    Mull this one over -

    Android gained more customers in JUST May/June/July of 2010 than Palm has TOTAL. That's right, in 3 months, Android sold more phones than the total amount of Pre AND Pixis sold to date. Do you honestly think that Palm/HP gives a rat's a** about the 2% market share they might lose, by not pushing out a semi-finished product? They would much rather wait until they have something substantial to actually sway people over from AND, IOS, and RIM. Honestly, threating to lower their already dismal customer base is laughable at best.

    I'd expect new hardware in 6-8 months time, no sooner. FOR SURE not before December.
  4. #64  
    There will be new hardware with the release of webOS 2.0. If there isn't then that would be one of the dumbest move as a company for Palm/HP. Giving away 2.0 with no monetay gain (due to minimal bump from trying to sell old hardware) does not make sense. Since it has been confirmed by Ruby that 2.0 will be out before end of this year, I guarantee that it will bring new hardware. Otherwise no point in releasing such major software update.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    There will be new hardware with the release of webOS 2.0. If there isn't then that would be one of the dumbest move as a company for Palm/HP. Giving away 2.0 with no monetay gain (due to minimal bump from trying to sell old hardware) does not make sense. Since it has been confirmed by Ruby that 2.0 will be out before end of this year, I guarantee that it will bring new hardware. Otherwise no point in releasing such major software update.
    I agree with this, but they also might just announce new hardware when 2.0 drops. By the way, what's going on with Tony Delk these days?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I agree with this, but they also might just announce new hardware when 2.0 drops. By the way, what's going on with Tony Delk these days?
    Tony Delk is an assistant coach for us. Good stuff!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    There will be new hardware with the release of webOS 2.0. If there isn't then that would be one of the dumbest move as a company for Palm/HP. Giving away 2.0 with no monetay gain (due to minimal bump from trying to sell old hardware) does not make sense. Since it has been confirmed by Ruby that 2.0 will be out before end of this year, I guarantee that it will bring new hardware. Otherwise no point in releasing such major software update.
    +1
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I agree with this, but they also might just announce new hardware when 2.0 drops.
    This sounds the most probable.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    1) That pic could have been ANYTHING. You can't even tell it's a phone.

    2) Microsoft has announced that there won't be any CDMA WP7 devices until 2011.

    3) "Jackson" and webosworld have ZERO credibility at this point.
    Exactly. I had high hopes for that site. This just proves that Palm has top-flight security and nothing will be shown unless it's official.
  10. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    This is what people in here are not getting....

    When HP says Q1 2011, they mean THEIR Q1, not ours....Their Q1 for a Webos Tablet might as well be prior to Christmas.
    HPQ's fiscal year ends October 31st. However, when they talk to the media, they usually distinguish and/or if they are not talking earnings, they normally talk in terms their audience (the consumer) understands; i.e., the normal calendar.
  11. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    1) That pic could have been ANYTHING. You can't even tell it's a phone.

    2) Microsoft has announced that there won't be any CDMA WP7 devices until 2011.

    3) "Jackson" and webosworld have ZERO credibility at this point.
    I agree. My opinion now is anything from Jackson that might end up coming true is probably just a coincidence.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Did someone say false dichotomy? That is - the notion that the longer you wait for the product, the better it will be. Wait another year and it should be almost perfect. Of course, the competition will have leapt ahead, also.
    Try this:

    "The longer you wait for the product, the better it SHOULD be."

    And, just how do you know that if they do wait a year, that the competition will have "leapt ahead"???
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    <comment deleted by mod>

    If you think Palm is going to release 2.0 q4 2010 w/o new hardware you really have lost all credibility. Oh! and your mind!

    As for your comment about Android, It makes no sense at all. Android sold 0 (zero) phones because Android is an OS not a hardware company. If by your comment you meant that multiple manufacturers sold more Android Equipped Phones than Palm then you are still missing the point. there were no less than 10 Android equipped phones released during those months.
    The point that is trying to be made is Palm need more hardware choices soon to remain relevant. Android Os is not selling better because its better, Its selling better because there are more choices and advertising is better.

    Thinking Palm can survive by waiting until the Pre is 2yrs old to release new hardware is totally Ignorant.
    With the backing of HP they can take however long they need/want. There is no pressing need to release new hardware/software now.

    Thinking that HP/Palm is going to release a new mobile phone before the holidays is insane. No way a new handset was designed and engineered, fully tested and hits production in six months (from the time HP acquired Palm to the holidays).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: edited quote
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    With the backing of HP they can take however long they need/want. There is no pressing need to release new hardware/software now.

    Thinking that HP/Palm is going to release a new mobile phone before the holidays is insane. No way a new handset was designed and engineered, fully tested and hits production in six months (from the time HP acquired Palm to the holidays).
    <comment deleted by Mod>

    You Dont seem to get Palm is not a new company now! Palm did not go out of business They were in need of investors for a cash infusion or a sale to someone who would let them continue on their roadmap. They got the latter.

    Mark my words, a new Palm device WILL be here before the end of q4 2010 and will not carry the HP brand.
    HP has stated that they (hp) did not buy Palm to be in the phone business, and that Palm will (for the time being) be a stand alone entity under HP (hp dollars).
    All phones will be branded Palm.
    Any device other than a Phone, that has webOs will be branded HP or some variation of HP/Palm, ie: Printer,Tablet,NetBook,Fridge, or Toaster etc.
    After all HP bought Palm for webOs!
    Dont blame HP for the silence, and dont be mistaken; PALM is the ones keeping the secrets. This is typical Palm.

    I will concede that Palm has delayed the release of the next device due to the lost time during the sale and POSSIBLY that HP wanted different specs.
    Dont for 1 minute think that Palm didnt start working on the next device soon after the announcement of the original Pre, because the one thing you said that was correct is that it takes time to get a new device through design and manufacture then to distribution, and Palm knows this well. They have been around a loooong time.

    There is no advantage to releasing 2.0 on old hardware it will get no play and devs will walk away if Palm does not pick up some market share. 2.0 wont get that done, they will have to have exciting hardware to get people interested. Thus getting mor Devs.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: insulting
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Oh I'm sure that Palm had ideas for what their next lineup would be, but I would be willing to bet that's all it was. So how far along to do you this the new phantom device (as in mobile phone) is? Has it hit the DVT stage yet?
    I'll take that bet. How much? Time to put up.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Oh I'm sure that Palm had ideas for what their next lineup would be, but I would be willing to bet that's all it was. So how far along to do you this the new phantom device (as in mobile phone) is? Has it hit the DVT stage yet?
    This Phone is in the testing stage and well past mfg stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'll take that bet. How much? Time to put up.
    AND shutup! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What exactly are we betting on? I'm a betting man and willing to bet.
    You are not a betting man, you are a gambling man. you are taking a big gamble. And you ARE going to lose.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    This Phone is in the testing stage and well past mfg stage.


    AND shutup! lol



    You are not a betting man, you are a gambling man. you are taking a big gamble. And you ARE going to lose.
    You want in on this to? You seem to sure of yourself not to be. And by the way, if it was past the manufacturing stage, FCC filings would have already cleared. Example: The FCC filings for the AT&T Pre were filed on 11/19/2009, six months before it dropped on AT&T.
    Last edited by barkerja; 09/17/2010 at 09:07 PM.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You want in on this to? You seem to sure of yourself not to be. And by the way, if it was past the manufacturing stage, FCC filings would have already cleared.
    Wrong! you can pay the fcc to hold release info from the public until you are ready for the media to run w/ it.
    Not sure what the name of the filing is but it is possible. I believe its a closed filing.

    If the fcc released the info as soon as the filing was made no company would be able to keep anything a secret.
    Filings are to be made prior to mfg, and this is 3 to 4 mos before launch.


    BTW im pretty sure the mods are going to have something to say about open forum gambling. So you probably ought to take that to PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wrong! you can pay the fcc to hold release info from the public until you are ready for the media to run w/ it.
    Not sure what the name of the filing is but it is possible. I believe its a closed filing.

    If the fcc released the info as soon as the filing was made no company would be able to keep anything a secret.
    Filings are to be made prior to mfg, and this is 3 to 4 mos before launch.


    BTW im pretty sure the mods are going to have something to say about open forum gambling. So you probably ought to take that to PM.
    Right, they withhold certain things, but the release date for those holdings are still available to the public. See for example: http://www.precentral.net/fcc-files-...tt-pre-due-may
  20. #80  
    also my friend, a company can choose to wait to the last minute to have it FCC approved before releasing it, like the EVO. Show me a link where FCC released it to the public 6 months prior, you give the same example for the pre, but the pre was supposed to be released sooner then the june date, so your argument there holds no weight.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: changed rude comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions