Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    it wouldn't make much sense to release WebOS 2.0 if they didn't have a new device coming out. Why would you spend all that effort on writing 2.0 of a OS for one old Pre/Pixi phone that's > 1.5 yrs old = unlikely.

I'm sure something is coming out when WebOS 2.0 releases (no source, just a hunch).
    Sprint rep telling you no webos devices till Q3 2011 beyond absurd. There is no way in h*ll this rep had a clue what he/she was talking about.
    well he was right about the wm7 part
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    Sprint rep telling you no webos devices till Q3 2011 beyond absurd. There is no way in h*ll this rep had a clue what he/she was talking about.
    True. Sprint reps are in bed with android, they don't know shuck. But seriously, if we don't at least have a confirmation from Sprint or HPalm soon I just may become a defector. I've had my pre since that glorious day in June of 2009, however I did enjoy the time i've recently spent on the EVO (ironicly while waiting for my replacement pre)...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it wouldn't make much sense to release WebOS 2.0 if they didn't have a new device coming out. Why would you spend all that effort on writing 2.0 of a OS for one old Pre/Pixi phone that's > 1.5 yrs old = unlikely.

I'm sure something is coming out when WebOS 2.0 releases (no source, just a hunch).
    The tablet was confirmed for early 2011. Probably when 2.1 is out with the main bugs squashed. I have a feeling we wont be seeing a phone until next summer :\
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Must be the same Sprint rep that told me that he thought Palm was going out of business & there would be no more phones. He was very apologetic. Of course, this was over 1 month after HP had closed the deal of buying Palm & 3-4 months after the announcement. No clue.

I think OP is laughing his rear end off because of the consternation caused here by someone who clearly wouldn't be on the inside.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Same, tired, VERY OLD mock up done by someone here at PreCentral. This article means nothing.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    A local Sprint rep, who is a great guy, was one of our local Palm contacts when the Pre launched, etc, told me we can expect a new Palm phone on Sprint before, at worst[ Q4 2010.

He was actually predicting Q3, but when I pushed him, he said maybe Q4.

This is exciting, but as my Palm still going strong (after I even quit the insurance plan - hah!) and I sooooooo prefer WebOS over IPhone. But if we get a holiday announcement, then I'm going to have two great Pre's.

Obviously, this isn't official or anything, but it's great.

BTW - JK

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydcomment View Post
    A local Sprint rep, who is a great guy, was one of our local Palm contacts when the Pre launched, etc, told me not to expect a new Palm phone on Sprint before, at best[ Q3 2011.

He was actually predicting Q4, but when I pushed him, he said maybe Q3.

This is devastating as my Palm died (just after I had quit the insurance plan - doh!) and I sooooooo prefer WebOS over Android. But if we don't get a holiday announcement, then I'm going to have to jump ship.

Obviously, this isn't official or anything, but it's sad.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    exactly thats just a good sales rep, so I'm woundering why people fly off the hedge again, when people just blurt out what someone says, with no credable information. So lets all please just wait for Todd or Rub from that paticular department (since we all know how big HP is) make an annoucement, not some sales rep.
    i would absolutely have to agree with u boss, them just being a good sales rep... and in all reality, HP is a business and bought Palm to make money, and how would them not releasing a new handset on EVERY carrier over the next few months not benefit them at all? i think they're going to take a samsung approach with this release and make a "palm hd family" if u will and get it to the carriers asap for the holiday season. also, i forgot to state that they heads would just b outright stupid to not release the phone on sprint in the beginning because sprint not only gave them the best press and release, but is the only carrier with a 4g network right now and truely "unlimited" plans, which is a reason for some people to start switching. if they do in fact make a 4g device for sprint, which i hope they will(and r already producing hopefully), it will b stellar and i cant wait... just my 2cents
    Let's hope and pray that we will see a new device in 2011. I do not like the Android platform. My wife has the Samsung Intercept and I don't like the phone at all. I may have to take my uprade and get her a new phone. Since learning and using the homebrew apps, I now reall love my Pre and webOS now. Hopefully it would be one as large as the new spec Pre with slide out keyboard as well as virtual keyboard and the other specs and woman friendly since most are not into techy stuff.
    well, I know the most reliable source is always a retail phone salesman. Ask him for lottery numbers, too.
    ok were talking about a SALES REP here...no way in heck he knows what plans hp and sprint are hashing out....
    I just talked to a HP Big Wig, who is a great guy, and when i asked him when he thought we'd get a new palm handset he told me the rumors are Q4 2010. When pushed he said he heard a rumor from a Sprint Sales Rep.
    Q3 2011 seems very feasible and along the lines of what I was thinking. Do keep in mind that corporations operate in fiscal years, so Q3 2011 is really April 1 - June 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    I just talked to a HP Big Wig, who is a great guy, and when i asked him when he thought we'd get a new palm handset he told me the rumors are Q4 2010. When pushed he said he heard a rumor from a Sprint Sales Rep.
    Q4 2010 ends in a 14 days.
    first your creditablity has just been murdered because they have almost confermed a WP7 4G for sprint by christmas even over at webosworld they have a pic of the phone, and only Verizon and Tmobile are not carrying a WP7 this fall. LG WP7 Phone Caught by Mr Blurry Cam. Second as we stated not even Raul Sood at HP knows exactly what device, and when a device on what carrier will be ready at this point only todd and Rub knows this information so how in the world do you think anybody at sprint even the CEO would have info if most of HP's internals don't.
    No Windows Phone 7 handsets on Sprint this year either | MobileTechWorld

This "Jackson" dude really just pulls stuff out of his *** for attention.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Q4 2010 ends in a 14 days.
    This is what people in here are not getting....

When HP says Q1 2011, they mean THEIR Q1, not ours....Their Q1 for a Webos Tablet might as well be prior to Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm not jumping any ship to android. I love me my webos. :-D
    this.
    Gotta remember that sprint just drooped the price of Pre and Pixi. I still see Q1 or Q2 release. I would be shocked at any later but then again i was shocked that it took this long for the price to come down.
    first your creditablity has just been murdered because they have almost confermed a WP7 4G for sprint by christmas even over at webosworld they have a pic of the phone, and only Verizon and Tmobile are not carrying a WP7 this fall. LG WP7 Phone Caught by Mr Blurry Cam.
    1) That pic could have been ANYTHING. You can't even tell it's a phone.

2) Microsoft has announced that there won't be any CDMA WP7 devices until 2011.

3) "Jackson" and webosworld have ZERO credibility at this point.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast