1.    #1  
    Would any of you guys mind if you were to see an HP logo on the next phone. I honestly would not mind if it was a very small logo on the hardware and box. I think this could help with consumer confidence in the product and also cause awareness.

However I DO NOT want to see hp logo in the software
    You're going to see the HP logo in the software. HP will put its branding on Palm, just as it did on Compaq and everything else that it has purchased.

I work for a company that was recently purchased by Xerox. In an abbreviated sense, we're still known by the original name, but the Xerox brand name shows up in every official document produced, and is being added to all products going forward.
    I would love to see an HP logo on a phone.

That would mean the phone is released, announced, and ready for distribution.

Honestly, at this point I don't care what they call it or brand it with, as long as it works as smoothly and is a head above the competition. I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I would love to see an HP logo on a phone.

That would mean the phone is released, announced, and ready for distribution.

Honestly, at this point I don't care what they call it or brand it with, as long as it works as smoothly and is a head above the competition. I'll take it.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    +1
    lol i can agree with that
    Depends how you do it. I work for ESPN which is owned by Disney but VERY rarely will you see anything related to Disney on any official documents here.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    In terms of the consumer phone market, putting HP's name on the device would probably move more phones. But I see a world where HP sells webOS devices under both Palm and HP names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Depends how you do it. I work for ESPN which is owned by Disney but VERY rarely will you see anything related to Disney on any official documents here.
    That's because they don't want to childify ESPN. HP's not as concerned about its properties being warped as much by its logo.
    I don't care what logo is on it. I just want it marked with something distinctive enough that it can be identified when people look at it. the Pre went so far down the "zen" path that people don't know it's a phone unless I'm talking on it. And it's hard to tell where the top is, or find it if I det it down because it blends in.

SO I hope it had a big orange PALM logo, or HP logo, or ENVY logo, or whatever.
    Since the genius of our phones is not that it's a Palm, or that it's owned by HP, but that it runs webOS, shouldn't it be slapped with webOS branding? That way, when HP/Palm comes out with a webOS printer, tablet, toaster, whatever, people will immediately recognize it works together in that ecosystem.

IMO the reason we love this phone is the operating system and UI, not who manufactures or owns the rights to it. I think co-branding with HP and/or Palm would be confusing. Call it webOS and it can mean a lot of things under the HP umbrella.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Don't really care at this point. Just as long as it's a killer phone and runs webOS, I'm a happy camper. But I agreed with rlangley21, they could use webOS logo inplace of both HP/Palm.