Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most of the videos from that guy are fake, it has been known for a while. Don't believe him, that's not possible right now.
    Well looks like it's time to stoke the fire and bring forward some more information.... I found this 'little' ARTICLE regarding cell phone gaming use that may or may not be of use but interesting nonetheless.

Some key points that I found in there:

a solid 58 percent of mobile-app users in the 35-and-up range admitting to firing up games ranging from Sudoku to Solitaire, the survey says. The 35-and-under bracket, meanwhile, managed a stellar 64 percent when it came to mobile game playing among regular app downloaders.

"classic" and arcade games with 22 percent, <of the 58%>

So out of 58% of American cellphone users.... 262 Million as of 2008 (according to this survey)

That leaves 152 Million (58%) of that 58%, 22%(33 Million) play classic and arcade games on their phone.

Now, I'm thinking, remember this is US numbers only, not worldwide, 33 million potential customers is a fairly big number to say nobody will buy my product because it's too bulky, (look up at my previous post and see the 3 examples of (to some) 'bulky' controllers)

I think there's at least some sort of market for it... Remember a thing called innovation,and remember some ridiculous quotes from the past:

•Thomas Watson of IBM stated in 1943 that he believed there was a world market for maybe five computers
    •Popular Mechanics stated that in the future computers may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    •An engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip asked "But what...is it good for?"
    •Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and HP interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer stated "So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you because we just want to do it. Pay our salary and we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"
    •Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, in 1977 stated that there is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #23  
    I just think people need options and when you talking about tablets it can go hand in hand. Look at Androind and the wii controller. Its looks much more fun with that than a touch screen. The new snes emulators are awesome but playing street fighter on a touch screen is not appealing at all. If apple would make a controller it would sell like hot cakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I just think people need options and when you talking about tablets it can go hand in hand. Look at Androind and the wii controller. Its looks much more fun with that than a touch screen. The new snes emulators are awesome but playing street fighter on a touch screen is not appealing at all. If apple would make a controller it would sell like hot cakes.
    No it wouldn't.

ANd here is why....people don't want add ons and attachments. Its a phone first and foremost...people don't want to carry around a plastic attachement to play a game on a bus for 10 minutes.

Sure, there will be SOME people who want it. But obviously not enough to make it worth the investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Remember a thing called innovation,and remember some ridiculous quotes from the past:
    Remember a thing called context when referencing such quotes. Olsen's statement referred to a computer running the entire home -- he had a personal system at home at the time that he made the comment. More than 30 years later, computer control of homes is still rare at best, aside from an occasional smart electric meter or thermostat. The Popular Mechanics article was from the 1940s when ENIAC weighed 30 tons. Similar statements about computer sizes shrinking have been made over the years, and are made even on this site.

There is also the question of whether some were ever made. No evidence exists that Watson ever made such a statement other than simple attributions, and the years that he reportedly uttered such a statement vary from source to source, with some implying the 1940s and some the 1950s.

Always look for context and accuracy.
  6.    #26  
    touch screens are the number one complaint when playing a game that requires movement and movement for directional views.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    touch screens are the number one complaint when playing a game that requires movement and movement for directional views.
    Whose number one complaint? Your number one complaint?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12