Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    Bluetooth head set hidden in the tablet

    Keyboard on the back

    10 hours of battery life

    Stylus friendly

    10 inches

    Pixel Qi Dual Display

    Kickstand

    Something better than a cell phone chip

    Some sort of sweet storage

    No clue how much ram it would need but 2g sounds good

    SD Card slot

    HDMI out

    WiDi or Better Yet

    Usb 3.0

    Bluetooth 3.0 (all i want in life are BT headphones that work while the phone is in my pocket outside)

    Wireless N

    4g on sprint Wifi version unsub

    Rare earth magnets at the bottom for proper touchstoneing

    webOS

    Front and rear facing cameras

    Gyroscope

    Compass

    Mic

    eSATA

    Pico Projector

    Dual Analog sticks

    Credit Card Swiper

    Gorilla Glass

    Fingerprint scanner to unlock

    Touch less interface

    Detachable Keyboard & Stylus that acts as a kickstand!
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/18/2010 at 03:44 PM.
  2. #2  
    "stylus friendly" means resistive so I would hardly consider it a "dream tablet".

    However there are special styli for capacitive screens.

    And the whole keyboard on the back thing is really a gimmick and really doesn't offer much improvement over a 10 inch touch screen keyboard
  3.    #3  
    Pixel Qi Dual Display

    stylus friendly today is resistive but who knows about tomorrow.

    tablets were a gimmick two years ago (some would argue that they still are today)
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 05:56 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Double
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 05:56 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 06:10 PM.
  6.    #6  
    you forgot to mention iosatan as your os
  7. #7  
    my dream tablet.... Hot mute on a little table.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    bluetooth head set hidden in the tablet

    keyboard on the back

    10 hours of battery life

    stylus friendly

    10 inches

    4g on sprint

    webOS
    I guess i'm not a geek then :P
  9. #9  
    An iPad design with USB, SD, webOS and no Apple tax. You could throw a mini-HDMI in there if you wanted to as long as it doesn't jack the price.

    I'd rather keep the 3G/4G as an external option.
  10. ndz
    ndz is offline
    ndz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #10  
    Runs Ubuntu or your Linux distribution of choice.

    HDMI out.

    Bluetooth keyboard/mouse compatible.
  11.    #11  
    Kickstand
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    "stylus friendly" means resistive so I would hardly consider it a "dream tablet".
    Wrong. I have both an active digitizer with pen and capacitive touch screen on my Dell Latitude XT. Thus, I can both handwrite/draw on the screen and control the UI with multitouch. While Win 7 isn't very good for touch, of course, stick webOS on such a device and it would be a dream.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #13  
    A FULL web browser....would...well...be needed to say the least..one thing I hate about the ipad..and no doubt the palm pad when its out...will be the lack of a full web browser
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    "stylus friendly" means resistive so I would hardly consider it a "dream tablet".

    However there are special styli for capacitive screens.

    And the whole keyboard on the back thing is really a gimmick and really doesn't offer much improvement over a 10 inch touch screen keyboard
    Today, no it don't. N-Trig screens are both capacitive touch, multi-touch and pen friendly. Here's the website - N-trig

    Also, HP is currently selling PC/Laptops using the N-Trig screens!!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Wrong. I have both an active digitizer with pen and capacitive touch screen on my Dell Latitude XT. Thus, I can both handwrite/draw on the screen and control the UI with multitouch. While Win 7 isn't very good for touch, of course, stick webOS on such a device and it would be a dream.
    It's my understanding that the Dell Latitude XT uses an N-Trig screen. It is also my understanding that some HP PC/laptops uses the same screen.

    Here's the N-Trig website - N-trig
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    It's my understanding that the Dell Latitude XT uses an N-Trig screen. It is also my understanding that some HP PC/laptops uses the same screen.

    Here's the N-Trig website - N-trig
    Yes, it does. Note that Wacom also has an active digitizer/multitouch capacitive combo, currently used on the--wait for it--HP TouchSmart tm2t and Elitebook tablets.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Today, no it don't. N-Trig screens are both capacitive touch, multi-touch and pen friendly. Here's the website - N-trig

    Also, HP is currently selling PC/Laptops using the N-Trig screens!!
    Sorry, read your posts out of order. The HP tablets are using Wacom units, I'm pretty sure.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18.    #18  
    core i3? or smartphone chips? I recall somewhere that webos can be put on x86 but i cant remember.

    scratch the i3 Oak Trail
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 05:43 PM.
  19.    #19  
    80g x25-m g2 for the fun of it

    nevermind

    32g Intel X25-E Extreme
  20.    #20  
    Matte Display
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions