Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Done for now feel free to keep adding!
    I get a chuckle every time I see one of these threads. It is the, "I don't want to admit how much I love the iPad. So Palm, please hurry up and KIRF one up so that I can buy that instead," thread. Will someone please tell me what you want a pPad for? It has to be something that you cannot already get with an iPad.

All day battery life? Done!

A better screen in that size? Forget about it!

A lower price off contract for a quality device? Keep dreaming!

A larger, easier, more inclusive app ecosystem that attracts the best and brightest developers? HA HA HA HA HA!

HDMI? How about wireless via AirPlay?

USB ports for...? How about wireless printing?

Lighter weight? With a 10" screen that is both beautiful and durable? I don't think so.

Something that can handle business productivity apps? Beat you to it!

I could go on like this all day. Remember the time when tablets were stupid, especially the ones called pad? I do. What changed? Why is everyone so pad crazy? What do you want that you can't already get in an iPad today? Someone unthread mentioned the Apple tax. Are you kidding me? You should get a load of the Samsung tax.

Someone come clean. is this brand loyalty for Palm, or brand hatred toward Apple? Just once, I would like to see someone justify the pPad.
  3.    #23  
    I hate apple! That make you feel better?

USB ports for.....charging phone and other equipment, usb drives, toss on random keyboard, file transfers, hacking,

Where did i say that i wanted a cheaper product... the ssd alone is almost the cost of your big phone.

You do realize that all you have is a large iphone with a bigger screen/battery......kinda explains the battery life.

Its easy to have a good ecosystem when you sell to sheep. sure ill pay 1500 dollars for the last gen tech that Steve says is magical. (referring to desktops)

Intel's display tech is a good add on though thanks for the reminder!
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 07:23 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I hate apple! That make you feel better?

USB ports for.....charging phone and other equipment, usb drives, toss on random keyboard, file transfers, hacking,

You seen that add from amazon about your fancy screen in the sun?

Where did i say that i wanted a cheaper product... the ssd alone is almost the cost of your big phone.

You do realize that all you have is a large iphone with a bigger screen/battery......kinda explains the battery life.

Its easy to have a good ecosystem when you sell to sheep. sure ill pay 1500 dollars for the last gen tech that Steve says is magical. (referring to desktops)

Intel's display tech is a good add on though thanks for the reminder!
    USB ports are a thing of the past. Everything is shifting into the cloud. If you own an iPad, dropbox completely circumvents the need for a USB port. Want an external keyboard? Great, use a bluetooth keyboard or the dock that comes with one.

I love it when someone defines someone who appreciates Apple products as a sheep. Do you do the same for those of us that drive a BMW? Don't hate because you don't have the money to enjoy the finer things in life.
  6.    #26  
    ..... millionaires are the most frugal....ask MJ's broke ghost.
  7.    #27  
    ...and if usb ports are a thing of the past for you how did you get webosqi working to get preware up and running....

now we can talk about light peak or usb 3.0 if you want but i don't see physical connections disappearing anytime soon.
  8.    #28  
    if you dont like sheep how about
    Ahhh... Yes! That's much better. A little honesty goes a long way

I hate apple!
    You could have stopped right there. Apparently, you also hate people who use Apple products. Sheep? Really? I especially loved your justification for the USB port: hacking! You have heard of jailbreaking, right? And, tell me again how a great app ecosystem has anything to do with sheep? Are you saying that developers are sheep? There were developers long before there was an app store. They made great, free web apps.

So, after reading your response, I still don't get why you want a pad. Do you just want to have one like all the cool kids, or do you actually want to do something with it?

By the way, love the video. I learned something new: Smashing your iPad on a hard surface could damage it. I guess that proves the iPad is not durable. Mine seems to be rather difficult to scratch, even after dropping it on a hard surface. But I'm sure I'm just lucky. After all, the net is just full of reports of how easily the iPad breaks, right?

One last thing, everyone has a right to their loves and hates. I do not begrudge you that. But as I have said in the past, if Palm is going to be successful in this endeavor, they have to have something going for them other than "We're not Apple!" There are just not enough people who want an Apple product, but hate Apple enough to buy a knock-off. The Pre was the anti-iPhone, and we see how that turned out. If all the pPad turns out to be is an anti-iPad, it's already dead, save for the few people around here who will grab one up. The rest will take their place in the anti-Apple landfills.

I still challenge someone to come up with a viable, business reason for a pPad to exist.
  10.    #30  
    To make your ipad better? Apple can thank palm for their limited multitasking. Competition whether perceived or real creates innovation. I will take a 1st gen Pre over a 1st gen iphone so lets wait a bit and see what happens. Gotta love propitiatory cables. Bet your pants got a little tighter when you had to buy that $30 cable for your BMW. People like you keep monster cables in business.

...and thats enough of the trolling apple is the suxxor
  11.    #31  
    besides this tablet is for geeks ....not hipsters

Pico projector anyone
    besides this tablet is for geeks ....not hipsters
    Well, there's a winning slogan. For the sake of argument, why not just buy an Android pad? That whole system is for geeks, is it not? On another board, I have been cataloging all of the iPad killer... I mean, competitors both real and vapor. There are quite a lot already with much more to come. What do you want with yet a different one. Why should Palm enter this market?
    Last edited by dandbj13; 09/14/2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typo
  13.    #33  
    Has nothing to do with Palm and everything to do with H Palm. If Palm were entering this market as a standalone company it would be a reach, but when you are numero uno in a market and ignore the future (not necessarily tablets but mobile computing) you are making a mistake.
  14.    #34  
    Not a fan of Google and their spying either (Unless its against China). They are the new evil empire. Not to mention i usually back the underdog, and that Froyo is not ment for tablets. We have all seen the half baked skins pushed out on the monthly android update. One can only guess the shenanigans they are pulling with the software. The end result being a big phone with a clunkier interface.

Allegiances
    Palm
    Hp
    MS (Would prob go Win Phone7 if i wasn't tired of first gen bugs)
    Piratebay.org
    Last edited by Titan078; 09/14/2010 at 08:24 PM.
    ...and if usb ports are a thing of the past for you how did you get webosqi working to get preware up and running....

now we can talk about light peak or usb 3.0 if you want but i don't see physical connections disappearing anytime soon.
    I don't rock preware. I'm not into patching, overclocking, etc. even though I am a software developer. When it comes to my phone I like to keep things stock; stability, battery life and many other things become trivial when you start playing with third party hacks.
  16.    #36  
    if your a software developer you should only leave your desk 3 to 4 times a day so battery life shouldn't be a big concern...jk
  17.    #37  
    My work comp is overclocked my phone is overclocked and if the year was 1970 my car would be to. Guess its just a personality flaw.
  18.    #38  
    On an unreleated note it would be nice if they could standardize portable electronics the way they have desktops (never going to happen for obvious reasons but it would be fun). Something to be said for building something the way you want it.

Think your Pre is to slow pop it open and put in the new mini i7 and water cool it.
  19.    #39  
  20.    #40  
    if its a camera, web cam, printer, monitor, scanner, or phone i think someone might make a usb driver for it

Monitor is a stretch but you get it
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast