Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Disappointing words crossing twitter right now from Hp's own Rahul Sood (re: new hardware)

"Don't expect anything soon, please stop asking "when" --- i'd rather be straight with you. these things take time..."

Can they really afford to wait much longer!?!?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/13/2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: updated title
    What exactly is that he's saying stop asking about. I'm guessing new hardware, but it could also mean the 1.4.5 update for Verizon and ATT.
    Rahul, stop twittering and start working.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    What exactly is that he's saying stop asking about. I'm guessing new hardware, but it could also mean the 1.4.5 update for Verizon and ATT.
    Yes, sorry for not including prior context. His previous tweets leading up to this centered around new hardware.
    The longer we have to wait for new webOS and new hardware, the more people who give up on Palm and switch to Android.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This is completely normal that he does not answer with a expected time and date. And quite frankly, it should be tired of having the question trow at him so often lately.

We know for sure that with their current situation (now they have been bought by HP) that they have the cash flow to go forward and new hardware will come "soon". But to define how "soon", only time will tell.

pre_X
    You tweet Rahul, Rahul goes to Ruby, Ruby says shut up Rahul, Rahul Twets back: Shut up. You tweet Rahul, Rahul twets shut up, You tweet Rahul, Rahul doesnt Twet back!
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I was just about to post about this in one of the threads on the Future Hardware forum. He also tweeted these:

@RanGt won't need to beg for apps if HP Palm can execute on the hardware roadmap over the next 12 months. execution is everything.
    "i'm being realistic. even provided a realistic time frame. more apps won't create more demand. better hardware will."
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    The longer we have to wait for new webOS and new hardware, the more people who give up on Palm and switch to Android.
    Of course we (and they) all know this to be true. This is good for Android. Lots of folks here are trying it out, some are hating it and others can "get used to it" (without more than a few day's effort). None love it out of the box. It's really a matter of which is more painful, less than robust hardware or good hardware and a "less than nice" (at least at first) OS. Palm loosing loyalst market share to the Android platform will hopefully send HP/Palm the message to NOT use a marginal-to-3rd-rate manufacturer again. We don't want C R A P anymore !!!

PS: Note that the Palm Pre components were first rate, bu the design and engineering of them into a single unit sucked work guts!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_X View Post
    This is completely normal that he does not answer with a expected time and date. And quite frankly, it should be tired of having the question trow at him so often lately.

pre_X
    Agreed, i was not expecting a date. However I was very hopeful for an announcement forthcoming before Oct 1. Microsoft is rumored to announce their new phone Oct 7th.

I'm sure this means different time frames depending on the person, but i view 'not anytime soon' as in 1 month or more (mid October at earliest, Nov release...*hoping to be proved wrong*)
    Just read the tweets and I have to say that while I am not sure what he means by "soon" but this is not reassuring for those of us expected a release of new smartphone hardware for the holiday season. However, it is good to hear that he does understand that hardware is the top priority to get the platform more marketshare.

I have to agree with mikeh20 that its questionable if H/Palm really has time to drag their feet while everyone else is hitting the market hard with new hardware and upgrades to their software with added features.

On the other hand he seems to imply in a tweet that this new hardware is very good since he says even the defectors will want to own it. So it is at least in prototype phase since he appears to have gotten a chance to use it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ^ Hahahaha, good one ;o)

*Was too slow... my reply was toward "kkhanmd" post*
    Rahul: "anyone who thinks the window is closing doesnt understand how to open a window :-) use a screwdriver if you have to.
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
    Blah. Can't wait!
    So, as the person who started the conversation with Rahul. I'm dissapointed the direction it took.

I was trying to bring attention to him about our movement to get WebOS users active in getting apps to WebOS. http://forums.precentral.net/groups/asada.html

Don't get me wrong, I want hardware like anyone else. But I also want to be active in helping get WebOS moving. Just like we got Angry Birds, there are some of us who want Words With Friends. Or any popular app for that matter.

Rahul, its obvious we want hardware within 12 months. But what can we get with 12 days? How about apps? Angry Birds taught us that we can get apps ported in a short amount of time and reach the leaderboard of HotApps in 2 days. While Hot apps is still here, lets challenge developers to make apps...and give them a chance at the $1,000,000
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Hopefully something will be announced fairly soon...like a month or so, or I'm hitting the EVO up. I've been due for an upgrade now for almost a month, but WebOS has kept me here. Five Pre's and counting now for me. The next screw up is the last straw.

Ashame too, I love WebOS. We need new hardware!
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    Rahul, keep talking that big game. Just don't land on your *** when the other shoe drops.
  18.    #18  
    I think people are wrongfully taking this out on Ruhul. He has been the only major figure from HP willing to stick his neck out and pump up webOS. I am as frustrated as anyone, but Rahul is not your target.

What do you expect him to tell you, We have awesome hardware coming so wait...or... Don't hang around, its gonna take way too long.

Come on people lets be realistic here!

Ruby on the other hand...
    Last edited by mikeh20; 09/13/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Look, I love my Pre Plus... But seriously... "PAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!"
    I'm sure he could care the less if you stopped following him...
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast