Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Rahul Sood has been really quite with regards to Palm/webOS since the "not anytime soon" tweet. I have not seen a mention of webOS or Palm in his twitter or blog since his clarification post on the 14th. Do you think he was told to stop talking about Palm or is this the clam before the storm? (I'm inclined to believe the former).
    I'd go with the oyster before the storm. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist)
    I think he realized that what he says has a pretty strong affect on the community, so he wants to tone it down a bit so he doesn't cause any more uproars like we saw then.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I would belive that he was told to quite down. I do not forsee anything in the near future. Again, CES is where I see everything happening.

The reason why what he says is soo important, would be becuase we have not HEARD anything from anyone. At this point were even sucked into the most false rumors just due to our lust for info. If there was a wealth of information out there, his talking wouldn't have had as large of a hit as it did.

Just imagine one person is talking about webos, that one person says nothing anytime soon. We will believe it, becuase nothing else has been said.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I don't think he has to be "told to quiet down." He is a senior executive, he saw the (over)reaction he got from our community & he has decided to use better judgment. Though he hasn't talked about webOS, he does tweet about HP. For example:

...as big as HP is, change comes quickly, often.
    8:23 PM Sep 19th via Bad Kitty

..nothing specific, just saying I've worked at HP since Voodoo was acqd in 2006, & things are always moving. Keeps it interesting.
    8:46 PM Sep 19th via Bad Kitty
    Anybody notice that Rahul Sood hasnt said anything since that last foot in mouth tweet telling people to stop asking when new hardware is coming out. I wonder if he got in trouble for saying that? Any thoughts?
    Why So Serious?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmterminator View Post
    Anybody notice that Rahul Sood hasnt said anything since that last foot in mouth tweet telling people to stop asking when new hardware is coming out. I wonder if he got in trouble for saying that? Any thoughts?
    He's talking, just not timelines of a phone release. Here is some of his latest:

rahulsood
    the BlackBerry Playbook is just another example of an existing category that Apple simplified. also proves HP is not the only fan of #webOS

rahulsood
    What's could #webOS do on a printer is probably a better question, there are possibilities, but I think there are other priorities.
    about 3 hours ago via Bad Kitty

Notice how he also thinks BB is sort of ripping off webOS.
    Thats true I guess he is talking but just not about new hardware. I agree with him though, i think BB definitely ripped off the card concept of WebOS.
    Why So Serious?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Maybe he isn't silent, but he isn't braging about the upcoming Palm stuff that much anymore as he used to. Guess he's quite impressed and shocked by the PlayBook too....
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Maybe he isn't silent, but he isn't braging about the upcoming Palm stuff that much anymore as he used to. Guess he's quite impressed and shocked by the PlayBook too....
    ??? All he said was "just another example of an existing category..."

How do you get he was "quite impressed" by Playbook from that? Or were you referring to something else I missed?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just looking at the trend in his tweets. He used to have high praise for all upcoming devices. Since his reaction to the PlayBook isn't anything like: "great device, but wait until you see what we have in store" I interpreted that as him being quite impressed and not really knowing how to answer that. But that's maybe just me being quite disappointed with Palm not announcing anything...
    I highly recommend watching this video: HP's Bradley: HP isn't trying to be Apple, will sell 15 million webOS printers next year -- Engadget

The video is of HP's Todd Bradly (possibly the new CEO) talking a lot about webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I highly recommend watching this video: HP's Bradley: HP isn't trying to be Apple, will sell 15 million webOS printers next year -- Engadget

The video is of HP's Todd Bradly (possibly the new CEO) talking a lot about webOS.
    jeez
    what is this guy.. pro apple?

"ipad this.. apple that.. blah blah blah"
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    jeez
    what is this guy.. pro apple?

"ipad this.. apple that.. blah blah blah"
    Who are you referring to, Michael Arrington or Todd Bradley? And is Apple not a respectable company to make reference to? Apple is only the second largest company in the world, only behind Exxon-Mobil.
    rahulsood: Going to Vegas this weekend. Probably the first time I'll travel w/o my laptop -------
    41 minutes ago

Perhaps taking something he found in palm R&D?
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    rahulsood: Going to Vegas this weekend. Probably the first time I'll travel w/o my laptop -------
    41 minutes ago

Perhaps taking something he found in palm R&D?
    Or doing like many of us do when we go to Vegas and leave everything behind. At least that's what I do when I go to Vegas. I generally always travel with my laptop, except for when I go to Vegas!
    Its more and more seemingly like by the time HP comes out with anything that they are just going to be another face in the crowd with apple.

All he is doing is Talking, I really hope it doesn't come back and bite them where it hurts lol.

Heres hopen!
    he doesn't work in the Palm division, so all he can do is be an influence for now.
    reading your tweets... You seem pretty impressed with microsoft, apple, and google's phones...

when is hp gonna "bring it on"?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789