Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 177
  1. #121  
    Going by the blog, atleast we now know nothing's coming out in a week's time...! beyond that, who knows!
  2. #122  
    Good post by Sood. Should quell any fears for the time being. Unless you've been extremely unlucky and just don't have a solid Pre, the rest their phones are *the same as when you bought it*

    ...did your cards break when the EVO came out? Did Synergy stop working suddenly when the Droid X was released? Did NFSU, N.O.V.A., Brothers in Arms somehow crash and stop playing when the Epic was unveiled? Seriously people...relax. Everything you like about the Pre when you first got it is still there smiling back at you. (unless you're one of the unlucky group)
  3. #123  
    also people understand Raul is not on the team of developing smartphones, so all he can do is relay a base time frame in regards to that. Now if Rub stated over the next 12 months we should be worried, because he is on that team in developing smartphones. Though as stated through Webos worlds jackson his insider states an announcment from sprint with Hpalm before WP7 is released, by novemeber regarding the new Sprint palm phone.
  4. #124  
    Jackson sent me this email last night about webOS World:
    I know you may be doubting our sources. Ok. We had found ourselves in the middle of a pickle for a little while as far as hard proof goes. Come back our way tomorrow. It'll make you into a believer.

    Jackson
    So hopefully some goodies are coming today.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Jackson sent me this email last night about webOS World: So hopefully some goodies are coming today.
    LOL at the Rumor Mill Damage Control...
  6. #126  
    I know, right.
  7. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #127  
    Haha, I just got off the phone with my insider. He laughed at his blog and the extent people are going to get info.. Rahul unfortunately only see some of what's going on. He wanted to sneak a picture of the new phone coming out. He supposedly got denied.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Haha, I just got off the phone with my insider. He laughed at his blog and the extent people are going to get info.. Rahul unfortunately only see some of what's going on. He wanted to sneak a picture of the new phone coming out. He supposedly got denied.
    exactly what Im saying.
  9. #129  
    I give him lots of credit for that. I took the ha-ha the other day to mean, he knew something was imminent and his way of appoligizing for the realities of a slow process. Who knows what he meant, maybe it was just his own frustration at the fanatics wishes/expectations. email/tweets make hard to read emotion from.

    Wonder what the Jackson scoop is?
  10. #130  
    Im going to go out on a limb..

    Rahul; the cake is a lie. i refuse to get sucked in.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 09/14/2010 at 10:46 AM.
  11. nicekyo's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Haha, I just got off the phone with my insider. He laughed at his blog and the extent people are going to get info.. Rahul unfortunately only see some of what's going on. He wanted to sneak a picture of the new phone coming out. He supposedly got denied.
    If your sources are good, I give props to Mr. Sood, aka webos god. Let's all buy him a couple of rounds of drinks, first round on me. hehe. I used to work half a block away from Palm, I used to see the same ppl getting their subway sandwiches during lunch and drunk at a nearby joint Thursdays.

    But thx for the effort Mr. Sood, next time, you gotta sneak it in there...
  12. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    If your sources are good, I give props to Mr. Sood, aka webos god. Let's all buy him a couple of rounds of drinks, first round on me. hehe. I used to work half a block away from Palm, I used to see the same ppl getting their subway sandwiches during lunch and drunk at a nearby joint Thursdays.

    But thx for the effort Mr. Sood, next time, you gotta sneak it in there...
    He'll get fired if he does so. Secondly he has test devices he gets but aren't production variants and never will be. Unfortunately he seldom knows what devices going to be put out and when, as he said the roadmap is fluid. However you can bank on it BY November a new phone. Pre Replacement Phone, Tablet, Pixi Replacement Phone I believe the order will ensue. They have a large amount of stock of the Pixi/Plus left.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  13. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Now if Rub stated over the next 12 months we should be worried, because he is on that team in developing smartphones.
    I disagree. If you read the blog (vs the tweet), Rahul makes it clear the 12 months refers to a roadmap where multiple devices of different form factors will be delivered. Wouldn't bother me at all if Rub said that. In fact, I hope they have a 3 month, 1 year, & 5 year road map.
  14. #134  
    palms smart just let all there users with and upgrade wait while something better comes out then the poopy pre/pixi they have, sounds like a good idea and once they finally decide to release an amazing new device they won't have and support except the 15 devoted ppl on this site, good job palm.... What's gunna happen when the version and at&t user need an upgrade? Smh @ palm this business is moving way to fast no matter how innovative you are becuz most likey the competitors are right behind if not next to you ready to realese something amazing too...
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/14/2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Language - if you are auto censored please edit your post
  15. #135  
    http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Hard...UON/m-p/231312

    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    That is super old.
    I know. I like to drag it out every once in a while. Sometimes it's funny to see people's reactions.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/14/2010 at 09:39 PM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #136  
    Will be interesting to see what happens with all this.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I disagree. If you read the blog (vs the tweet), Rahul makes it clear the 12 months refers to a roadmap where multiple devices of different form factors will be delivered. Wouldn't bother me at all if Rub said that. In fact, I hope they have a 3 month, 1 year, & 5 year road map.
    not what I meant by saying that statement, i meant that people are bent on Raul making that statment when he is not in the production booth with RUB and company developing the devices currently. So if Rub has stated a time frame like that, and he is in direct contact with what new smartphones are coming then Id be more worried about something not coming this fall. Of course they have a roadmap what company dosent, even the smallest of ones. Last time I checked Todd Bradley, the head of HP's smartphone division was running the smartphone development show not Rahul Sood.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 09/14/2010 at 04:04 PM.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    He'll get fired if he does so. Secondly he has test devices he gets but aren't production variants and never will be. Unfortunately he seldom knows what devices going to be put out and when, as he said the roadmap is fluid. However you can bank on it BY November a new phone. Pre Replacement Phone, Tablet, Pixi Replacement Phone I believe the order will ensue. They have a large amount of stock of the Pixi/Plus left.
    +1
  19. #139  
    Ok, now this is interesting, relative to this video I posted from TI in another thread, which shows, clearly, what thier plans are for the OMAP4 chips - the "hovering" referred to in the above post is in direct line with the TI planned implementations for this, startng in 2011.

    I still believe that we will see new hardware this year (Pre2, as per WebOSworld's supersonical's prongostications), but the the above referenced device is a planned future unit for 2011 - it would imlement the TI OMAP 4440 chip, with higher clock speeds and dual core performance, along with multiscreen display and gesturing UI (non-touch screen enabled as per the video above).

    The higher resolution hints that this could be the first WebOS pad, though, if you put the two posts above together.

    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Ok, now this is interesting, relative to this video I posted from TI in another thread, which shows, clearly, what thier plans are for the OMAP4 chips - the "hovering" referred to in the above post is in direct line with the TI planned implementations for this, startng in 2011.

    I still believe that we will see new hardware this year (Pre2, as per WebOSworld's supersonical's prongostications), but the the above referenced device is a planned future unit for 2011 - it would imlement the TI OMAP 4440 chip, with higher clock speeds and dual core performance, along with multiscreen display and gesturing UI (non-touch screen enabled as per the video above).

    The higher resolution hints that this could be the first WebOS pad, though, if you put the two posts above together.

    that being said do you think that HP could have gotten their hands on this chipset ahead of time, to release on a smartphone device for the holidays?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions