1.    #1  
    Could or is it at all possible for the new Palm device with 2.0 to be able to run Android apps?

As far as I knew all the google stuff is open source, so why now have a superior device and OS, and also have the huge selection of Android apps?

Best of both worlds.

I think if this were possible, many android users would jump ship.

I know nothing about the legalese, so please enlighten me.

Thanks
    Incompatible software
    Android may be build on an open-source platform, but applications are not. Those are still the intellectual property of the developers.

Perfect example would be the game Angry Birds. This is owned by Rovio and they are the ones who finally ported it over to webOS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/10/2010 at 01:46 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Android may be build on an open-source platform, but applications are not. Those are still the intellectual property of the developers.
    Fair enough, what if, those developers wanted to port their apps to WebOS? And 2.0 made this relatively easy for them?
    It is already relatively easy for them as the PDK has been released (2.0 really won't make it easier to port - just add more features). The developers have to feel there is a strong payback for them to put their apps/games/etc... on another platform. As webOS grows and HP begins to market the heck out of it, you will see more and more apps brought over to the platform. webOS is just over a year old and is relatively young and small yet. Now that HP took over it has the financial backing and marketing power it needs to move forward. It will happen, but it will take some time yet to get a foothold.