1.    #1  
    Probably not going to happen right away since it was just announced today but damn does it sound like a sweet chip. 5x the performance with a similar power draw. Mmmmmm...

I would post a link but I do not have enough posts yet
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrogz View Post
    Probably not going to happen right away since it was just announced today but damn does it sound like a sweet chip. 5x the performance with a similar power draw. Mmmmmm...

I would post a link but I do not have enough posts yet
    I concur... its been over 2 years since the initial announcement of the A9 and it appears to be at least a 2 year cycle from announcment to market.

Here is an example: TI announced that they picked up thier first licensee for their unformally announces "Eagle" CPU on August 10, but, arent expecting it to market until 2012

This article does show, however, that TI does obtain and work with licensees well before their chips are even on the market, which would suggest that PALM (and now HP) and they could have been collaborating for quite a while on the OMAP4430 CPU "beast" that we have been speculating will debut in the next WebOS device some time this year!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Would be nice.... in 2013
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I don't know ARM's policy on press releases. I do know that Intel is rather tight-lipped on their new products, and are typically ready to launch them shortly after they're announced. I hope that's the case here, because yes, I would fricking love to have webos running at 2.5 Ghz (with a 4MB cache). That combined with a 256GB memristor, a built-in projector, and a battery that charges instantly and lasts for a month (full cell?, ultracap?) and I'll have the computing device I've dreamed about since I first booted up my Commodore Vic-20. Dreaming is fun.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    The proc is slated for relases in 2012.... I wouldn't bet on seeing it in a device until sometime late 2012, or early 2013

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    The length of technology is beyond our comprehension. WebOS on a dual core Cortex-A15 will likely be possible sooner than we think. ^_^
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Indeed

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    i cannot wait for this to come out, i wonder what they will come out with next
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The length of technology is beyond our comprehension. WebOS on a dual core Cortex-A15 will likely be possible sooner than we think. ^_^
    For what it's worth, ARM doesn't produce actual hardware, they just provide the design. Then it's up to companies like TI and Samsung to take that design and implement it into an actual chip. This announcement is, I believe, merely the announcement of the design and its licensees. It's likely the announced licensees have seen the design and are already planning to implement it, but none of them (to my admittedly limited knowledge) have yet announced an A15 based product. So this one is still a ways off.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    You all say, "blah blah blah."

My head says, "WANT Octo-core smart phone NOW!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For what it's worth, ARM doesn't produce actual hardware, they just provide the design. Then it's up to companies like TI and Samsung to take that design and implement it into an actual chip. This announcement is, I believe, merely the announcement of the design and its licensees. It's likely the announced licensees have seen the design and are already planning to implement it, but none of them (to my admittedly limited knowledge) have yet announced an A15 based product. So this one is still a ways off.
    Wishful thinking...
    Here is another write up I think you will like. As it states in the 5th paragraph, HP was there at the unveiling to provide testimonials.

Arm’s Eagle chip has soaring performance | Tech Blog | FT.com