Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It is disappointing that I feel arbitrarily denied access to any forthcoming webOS device because I am on Tmobile. Exclusivity is bad. I left ATT because of cruddy coverage and high prices, and Tmobile gets me similar coverage for $20 less per month without a contract.

Please post some support to this thread to demonstrate that HP should release a new WebOS device on Tmobile to give us an alternative to Android or WP7.

Samsung demonstrated that you can have a successful multi carrier launch...HP should follow suit.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I can give you a little insight, that within the Year T-mobile will be no more. DT will merge US T-mobile with Sprint, The new Company will be Sprint and DT will get cash and about 20% of Sprint.

Mark it down.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Sprint has two different techs, the nextel and cdma, compared with Tmobile's GSM. And, if anything, Tmobile has a better corp image than Sprint, which, while 3rd compared to Tmobile's 4th, isn't as liked in terms of customer satisfaction and is still bleeding customers. Better for Tmobile to pick up extra specturm elsewhere than try to shoehorn the mess that a Sprintmobile would be.

My real point was that if HP is going to see fit to put a GSM radio and sim card slot in a new phone, they should put Tmobile bands in as well as ATT bands and vacuum up some people who don't necessarily want Android or WP7.
    TJ is right... Sprint will likely buy TMobile USA soon DK has been shopiing it around for a long time, and its only the 4G similarity that is standing in its way of happening, and that seems to be on its way to be cleared up, within the next few months.

But, Im with you - TMobile has served me well for so many years, ever since it was first OmniPoint (remember that parrot?). Heck, my sim card still is "VoiceStream".. rememer thats?? LOL

Affordable pricing, great customer service, and true smartphone ownership - they really have it down right, as far as Im concerned.

They went the Android route, but, sadly, didnt kiss enough you know what, and, are he smallest of the big 4 here in the US, and looks to stay that way, for a good time coming.

They likely never courted PALM for the Pre or Pixi, and probably now are doing a "wait and see" for the next WebOS devices. If they are hot, they'll be on them like white on rice, and if not, they'll continue with their Android ways.

BUT, for the sake of this thread, I'll plead right along with you, to the TMobile brass - please, PULLEAAASSSEEEE... contact PALM at HP and show your smartphone users some real love!

You won't be sorry!

Really.

And truly.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I can give you a little insight, that within the Year T-mobile will be no more. DT will merge US T-mobile with Sprint, The new Company will be Sprint and DT will get cash and about 20% of Sprint.

Mark it down.
    Would Sprint continue to operate both CDMA and GSM networks in that scenario?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would Sprint continue to operate both CDMA and GSM networks in that scenario?
    Absolutely!

Conversion to CDMA (outdated and obsolete) wouldnt be an option.

More than likely, they'd move all phones to thier common 4G technology in the long run, phasing out the previous CDMA and GSM altogether.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    TMI. sorry
    Last edited by tj0827; 09/09/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    nvm. tmo is going by themselves, look at their planned coverage for 2013... really interesting.. Is it possible to contact some1 at palm management
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes, for now, it appears the DK is putting the screws to T-Mobile, USA to increase thier profitability, or else go onto the sales block.

So, what does this mean for us WebOS users?

Perhaps if the HP/Palm new devices are showing significant demand, they will carry them in T-Mobile flavors, too, as more incentive to new customers that are sick and tired of the pricey Verizon and AT&T plans.

One could only hope!

T-Mobile will almost definitely be purchased by Sprint this year. With Clearwire failing and WiMax future expansion and technology questionable, Sprint will be looking to move to LTE.

Once Sprint purchases T-Mobile, Sprint will begin moving toward the GSM and LTE structures for new devices. CDMA and WiMax expansion will halt, but they will continue to be supported for 3-5 years after the merger. T-Mobile's pricing structure will be mirrored with Sprint's and new T-Mobile contracts will be halted. I expect Sprint will offer a free upgrade to all T-Mobile customers moving to Sprint at 12 months or something like that to entice conversions and increase persistence rates.

It's unfortunate that this merger will be rubber stamped and that we'll be down to 3 major carriers.
    Can someone provide some insight as to where all this is comig from?
    Sprint isn't buying Tmo anytime soon. Combining a GSM network and a CDMA network simply does not work. TMobile has a whole new roadmap for getting back into third place. I too would like official Tmobile webOS phones, as I'm currently running an ATT Pre Plus on Tmo (PAYG, adds up to about $4 a month total with my usage, phone costed $200 and I unlocked for another $40), and everyone looks at my Pre Plus, and they think I'm being the guy who pays lots of money and spends $100 a month on a smartphone plan, and that there's no way they could ever have such a nice phone without paying a fortune, and I sit there and chuckle to myself. Tmobile isn't going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    Sprint isn't buying Tmo anytime soon. Combining a GSM network and a CDMA network simply does not work. TMobile has a whole new roadmap for getting back into third place. I too would like official Tmobile webOS phones, as I'm currently running an ATT Pre Plus on Tmo (PAYG, adds up to about $4 a month total with my usage, phone costed $200 and I unlocked for another $40), and everyone looks at my Pre Plus, and they think I'm being the guy who pays lots of money and spends $100 a month on a smartphone plan, and that there's no way they could ever have such a nice phone without paying a fortune, and I sit there and chuckle to myself. Tmobile isn't going anywhere.
    I completely agree with you. T-Mobile has big plans for the future.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.