1. reo
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Greetings!

Just purchased a Palm Pre Plus, the trackball on my Tour finally died.
    I was not ready to go with Android, since new handsets are being released like every month. I have used Palm's pda's in the past starting with the Pilot all the way up to the T5. I am looking forward to using webOS and seeing all the changes from 5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenfire View Post
    Greetings!

Just purchased a Palm Pre Plus, the trackball on my Tour finally died.
    I was not ready to go with Android, since new handsets are being released like every month. I have used Palm's pda's in the past starting with the Pilot all the way up to the T5. I am looking forward to using webOS and seeing all the changes from 5.4.
    Welcome to the world of webos. Please start here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html.

Enjoy. ^_^
  3. reo
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks!

Can you recommend a good Facebook and Twitter client?
    Thanks!

Can you recommend a good Facebook and Twitter client?
    For facebook we have one in the app catolog, and also in preware.(Beta) Twitter I use TweetMe which work quite well for me. There are more also available in the app catalog.

I hope you find one that suites you. ^_^
    Hi ravenfire, and welcome to the P|C forums and your new addiction!

There are a lots of little 'tweaks' you can add to your Pre to make it work faster and smoother as you go. Take a look the link RL gave you above, and another great one to read explains getting started with our Homebrew community and all the awesome stuff they offer.

As far as Twitter apps, there are many of them to choose from and a couple I use are Spaz (free), and BadKitty ($1.00). Here's a link showing the "social networking" apps available through the Palm Catalog:
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/soft...lications.html

Enjoy the Pre and take a look at all the forums here - there's a lot of great tips and suggestions to soak in!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/06/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Welcome ravenfire. Hope you get to love and appreciate WebOS, as we all here do.
    Welcome aboard ravenfire, you're at the right place to get your Pre grove on. With the homebrew and the PreCentral community, you're going to love it. Check out DrPodder for podcast and I'd suggest you look at one of the Music apps if you're into music or audio books.

As for as Twitter clients, I use Tweed, but I'm very new to tweeting so I'd take the advise of those who are more into social networking.
    I use Twee. It's pretty nice.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    I use TweetMe, it has the best UI in my opinion, but if you have the stock kernel, TweetMe may be kind of slow sometimes.
    you will love it. Just don't drop it.
  11. reo
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the tips. Got the phone today, really liking it so far. The only thing is when I installed facebook, it added everyone on my friends list in my phone contacts? Some of these people are just a name and an email address. When I go to delete them it says facebook contact can not be deleted. I uninstalled the facebook app and restarted the phone. There all still there!

Guess I better do some digging and see if I can find a fix.
    Thanks for all the tips. Got the phone today, really liking it so far. The only thing is when I installed facebook, it added everyone on my friends list in my phone contacts? Some of these people are just a name and an email address. When I go to delete them it says facebook contact can not be deleted. I uninstalled the facebook app and restarted the phone. There all still there!

Guess I better do some digging and see if I can find a fix.
    Basically this is called Synergy. The Facebook app assumes you want to add all these people when you link your account, so it adds EVERYONE. You can remove your Facebook account from the Contacts app. This removes everyone though. To be honest, I don't mind it, because you will NEVER use the Contacts app. If you have a few contacts added, try just typing their name in the home screen or card view. You'll see a menu come up called Universal Search, and the persons name will come up.

If your friends name is...David Keylime(I don't know...) you can type DK, key, dav, anything that may pertain to his name. You can also add a nickname, so if you call him Twister for some reason, you can add the nickname and when you type Twister in, his name comes up.

DONE sir. Also check out homebrew links. Patches/overclocking/homebrew apps for webOS are the greatest thing to ever happen to mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.