View Poll Results: When or will you be upgrading to the new WebOS 2.0 device?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will you get the new WebOS 2.0 device on launch day regardless of which carrier has it?

13 3.96%
  • Will you get the new WebOS 2.0 device on Sprint launch day?

268 81.71%
  • Will you wait for your 2 yr contract to be up?

31 9.45%
  • Will you wait until your current Pre dies?

16 4.88%
  • Will you switching to any device thatís available when your Pre dies?

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm a launch day Sprint Pre User and came to Sprint specifically for the Pre. I'm wondering what % of current Sprint Pre Users will get the new WebOS 2.0 device and when. I guess if you're a previous Sprint WebOs user and you plan on returning, this poll could be for you too.
    I can't imagine that I won't get it.
    Yes. Even if it means leaving Sprint to get it.
    I bought launch day, and am waiting to do it again! Wish this was a poll.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  5.    #5  
    Wow!!! I am so heartened by these responses. As a Premiere Sprint customer, I've given many reasons for not get all of the new devices that Sprint has thrown at us. The 4G was basically because it was too big and wasn't WebOS. I also thought why would I pay extra for 4G when my area doesn't have it. But my main reason was the other devices weren't WebOS. Now that WebOS 2.0 has been announced, I realize that the only things that may keep me from getting it on launch are: if it's too big; if it's not on Sprint; if I'm in the hospital and I can't convince my husband to pick it up for me.

Note that all of those are may stop me from getting it. They aren't absolutes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I bought launch day, and am waiting to do it again! Wish this was a poll.
    It is. You have to post the thread and then submit the poll so some of you jumped on it before I submitted the poll questions. But I'm so glad you did. It means that some of you are just as impatient as me when we're waiting for the new WebOS 2.0 device.
    I'll be getting it, but can't say when
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    oh, pretty sure I will. The hesitation is from the fact the us Sprint Pre early adopters never got an upgrade path with Sprint. That has just teed me off. And I'm gettin' rreeaallyy tired of the TMC alert.
    I've been due for a new phone several months now, but I'm saving it for the next webOS device. Keep using the current Pre until then.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    oh, pretty sure I will. The hesitation is from the fact the us Sprint Pre early adopters never got an upgrade path with Sprint. That has just teed me off. And I'm gettin' rreeaallyy tired of the TMC alert.
    I feel your pain, but on the plus side, we have freebies like GPS that the other carriers don't offer and we have true unlimited data. I have to keep telling myself that every-time I think about going back to VZW. But you're right the alerts and the constant junk mail I get from Sprint telling me I can add lines or upgrade does not float my boat.
    There should be an option for "other." Still too early to make a call. No fan boy here. Going to wait it out and see the reviews and issues.

I'm unsure of the new WebOS device at this point, because:
    1. WebOS 2.0 full list of changes isn't out
    2. I don't know how the changes will be implemented in the new version
    3. The reception of developers has yet to be seen
    4. I don't know what he new hardware looks like, its specs, battery life, etc.
    Hell yeah!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    um yes
    i pretty much have my sprint pre set up with thte patches, homebrew and oc where i want 0 its pretty much the phone i want...so i will wait until after sprint launch and follow on here if my profile transfers easily and if the homebrew and apps i want can transfer easily...actually if mhs is available on launch day ill be upgrading right away!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    There should be an option for "other." Still too early to make a call. No fan boy here. Going to wait it out and see the reviews and issues.

I understand your reservation. But most of the initial Pre users, who are content with their current device, simply wanted a faster device with more hard drive. I don't know why you'd label that group as *******. Many people don't like dramatic unnecessary changes, but do like to upgrade.

I don't constantly switch my Land-line company or my cable and high-speed internet provider. It doesn't make me ****** of either company or of the initial devices I got.

I stayed with VZW w/o upgrading my phone or changing for over 10 years. In the last 6 years, I was with them I upgraded a lot more and used some of my families upgrade options (16+years).

But, I upgraded my laptop and desktop every 1 to 2 years until Vista came out. I was never willing to go Vista. I also upgraded my PDA every year as long as I was able to get a Sony Clie. When they stopped making them, I stopped upgrading on a regular bases.

I upgraded with the Sony Clie's because I was always pleasantly surprised and impressed by the changes and upgrades they put in their new devices. I never upgraded from the 700P to the 750 or whatever came next, because Palm's upgrade wasn't enough of a change.

Having said all that, I'll interpret your post to mean: you're unsure. No need to belittle those of us who are ready to make a decision.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    will upgrade both lines.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    As a S/P customer w/ a pending upgrade since June 9th (launch day Pre owner), I'll get the new device if it is on Sprint and has very similar form-factor. (vert/keyboard)

If not, I'll stick w/ my Pre w/ webOS 2.0

Not leaving Sprint, or the form-factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post

I do not think Stung was trying to belittle anyone. He has a good suggestion about adding "other" in the voting options. I'm eager to get a new WebOS 2.0 device,but only if is clearly better than the Pre I have enjoyed the last year. With the over-clocking,patches,mobile hotspot,themes,extended power battery and numerous apps, my Pre is still satisfying to use. Throw in Shazam and Skype and I'm totally happy for a while longer.
    I will get the new WebOS 2.0 device on Sprint launch day if it comes out within the next 2 months. If it doesn't come out by then I will probably get a Android device, probably the Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    And I'm gettin' rreeaallyy tired of the TMC alert.
    I installed Govnah and Uberkernel about a month ago, and I haven't gotten TMC since then. It was easy as pie. Have you done this yet?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast