View Poll Results: When or will you be upgrading to the new WebOS 2.0 device?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will you get the new WebOS 2.0 device on launch day regardless of which carrier has it?

13 3.96%
  • Will you get the new WebOS 2.0 device on Sprint launch day?

268 81.71%
  • Will you wait for your 2 yr contract to be up?

31 9.45%
  • Will you wait until your current Pre dies?

16 4.88%
  • Will you switching to any device thatís available when your Pre dies?

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am sure WebOS 2.0 will also be released for the pre and pre plus as well I have a pre plus on sprint with uber and all that so i am happy with it till i get my new sprint plam C40 or what ever it will be called I remember there was not much leaked out of it until they decided to so i am hoping that's the case again... Don't get me wrong i would love a new device on sprint But i have has my pre's for over a year now and that's the longest i have ever had any phone... I like the epic but after playing with one for a couple hours i missed WebOS
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    My eligibility is this coming February so I'm going to upgrade then. I love my Pre and webOS. I hope they don't get rid of the physical key board. I'm hoping for a new palm phone styled after the Pre but only much larger. I have used the HTC and the Epic and they are great phones, but I'm stuck on the webOS.
    Well I would vote but I plan on getting the new device on whichever platform, but I'm not the type of person who would get anything on launch day.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've been eligible for a new phone since June (got my Pre the Friday after it came out, after convincing Sprint I should already by eligible for upgrade pricing). I'm waiting for new WebOS 2.0 device before doing my upgrade cause I want a new WebOS phone.
    My biggest thing is I love the vertical slider...If they decide to go to a touchscreen only, I dont know if I can go without a vertical slider/keyboard. I am itching to use my upgrade though, but am sticking w/ my Pre or a new palm phone eventually. webOs is the only way for me. I dont like androids flow of things yet, no matter the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    My biggest thing is I love the vertical slider...If they decide to go to a touchscreen only, I dont know if I can go without a vertical slider/keyboard. I am itching to use my upgrade though, but am sticking w/ my Pre or a new palm phone eventually. webOs is the only way for me. I dont like androids flow of things yet, no matter the hardware.
    I used to feel the same way ever since the Verizon XV6600 back in 2004. It didn't take long to get over it.
    absolutely love my pre with the overclocking..the thing is os much better than an iphone n droid..buddy has iphone..roommie has droid..mine is so much more personal and everything I want to do I ether type it rite in or it's all swipping....everythings rite to the point n I multi-task all the time..very very simple n easy!! I'll be at the front door of sprint(only) waiting(overnite if I have to) to get the new one!(only if it's a pre). Been a palm user for very long time and now that they have the $ to help them there's no stoppin them from making the best phone! Thanx palm..u have always made the best! Keep up the outstanding work!
  8.    #88  
    I feel the same way & I'm having to be patient, because I teally thought we'd get the plus as a minimum in 6/2010.

Now that we didn't, I don't want anything less.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I am sure WebOS 2.0 will also be released for the pre and pre plus as well I have a pre plus on sprint with uber and all that so i am happy with it till i get my new sprint plam C40 or what ever it will be called I remember there was not much leaked out of it until they decided to so i am hoping that's the case again... Don't get me wrong i would love a new device on sprint But i have has my pre's for over a year now and that's the longest i have ever had any phone... I like the epic but after playing with one for a couple hours i missed WebOS
    Pre Plus on Sprint? Is this a "frankenPre" hybrid thing or did the rest of us miss a memo somewhere?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I will wait on Sprint to have a webOS 2.0 device. However, if the specs suck, I will strongly consider the Epic, or whatever android of the week has surpased it.
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesklyne View Post
    I will wait on Sprint to have a webOS 2.0 device. However, if the specs suck, I will strongly consider the Epic, or whatever android of the week has surpased it.
    Unless it takes them over a year to release WebOS 2.0 device, I still have more time on my contract. What they release would really have to be taking a step backwards, because I'm already content with the current device, I'm just not secure in it's build and processing speed.

I don't want a huge device, nor do I want a device w/o a keyboard. Barring those, I'd be happy with what I've already heard so far. I want true bluetooth capability to transfer and send files. But I can get that w/o a smart phone. So I don't see myself moving to an epic or any other smart phone OS in the next 2-3 years.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345