1.    #1  
    Something I was thinking about, I am not too sure about the rest of Europe, though I read Germany has adopted 4g, but here in the UK it is atleast a year, if not longer off. So if the next palm phone is 4g, will it be released here?

Tbh I dont see why palm, with only a small catalog of phones should make a 4g phone, as 4g is not available to the masses, and it would make the phone a lot more expensive, and therefore less likely people will buy it.

Thoughts?
    4g will be in alot of countries... eventually lol but lte will prolly prevail over wimax by the time everyone has it
    Palm prē-ist.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    4g will be in alot of countries... eventually lol but lte will prolly prevail over wimax by the time everyone has it
    how does wimax differ from 4g?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    In Canada we have like 4 HSPA+ networks and outside of 4G, we're quite ahead of our American counterparts for speed.

Well, our major companies planned to start LTE (should have been up by now already), but they decided against it for now. Instead they are launching Dual Cell HSPA+ which is around 44mbps.

With that in mind, it makes you wonder if the migration to 4G in other countries may be slower than we all originally thought.
  5. Bib
    In Germany we'll have at least a few test cells using lte technology by the end of the year. T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2 are all very dedicated to this. Not sure about E-Plus. They don't even have HSPA.
    Of course there are no devices just yet. Regions without broadband internet access will be the first to get this, because of regulations, so the first 4G devices will probably be 4G modems for laptops or 4G routers.

I personally doubt, that 4G cell phones will be a big success without the network. Even with 4G everywhere, right now there's not much point for me to go 4G since 3G is already sufficient. The time to switch would be as soon as the mobile internet congests the 3G network.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    In Germany we'll have at least a few test cells using lte technology by the end of the year. T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2 are all very dedicated to this. Not sure about E-Plus. They don't even have HSPA.
    Of course there are no devices just yet. Regions without broadband internet access will be the first to get this, because of regulations, so the first 4G devices will probably be 4G modems for laptops or 4G routers.

I personally doubt, that 4G cell phones will be a big success without the network. Even with 4G everywhere, right now there's not much point for me to go 4G since 3G is already sufficient. The time to switch would be as soon as the mobile internet congests the 3G network.
    Sounds a lot like the network 3 when 3g first came out in the UK, they were the first to use it, this must be 6 or so years ago, and 3g still isnt available everywhere..and only became a thing people used/cared about, till the iphone and other smartphones came out to the masses
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    how does wimax differ from 4g?
    Let me google that for you