1.    #1  
    so i just stumbled across this article on pcworld.com, thought i would share it, and it brings up some interesting points, reviews the aforementioned additions that we have found out about 2.0, and makes some quite outright statements about how he is(or so seems) excited to see how future builds of 2.0 turn out. quick easy read and interesting

Why WebOS 2.0 Should Have Rivals Worried - PCWorld Business Center
    So... I don't get it. Why should rivals be concerned? Yes, I read the article. It read like someone needed to post something on a slow news cycle.

HP's marketing muscle is supposed to scare someone? Why? Because of HP's staggering success in the smartphone and tablet arena to date? Because HP can compete in the race to the bottom and get lots of cheap products on Best Buy shelves? Are bottom feeders the rivals this writer had in mind? HP has never been competitive or compelling in this space, Neither has webOS. HP could always get things turned around. But I have seen no evidence of that yet. There is certainly no reason for rivals to be afraid of HP.

This article goes in the trash bin next to "8 Reasons Apple Should Fear Palm", and "Five Reasons Android Should Be Afraid of the Palm Pre".
    Excellent article and a good catch. I see Palm having the potential of taking down Nokia and RIM as they seem to increasingly be the dinosaurs in this round of mobile advancement. I am fairly certain that part of RIM's motivation to buy DataViz was to deny web os a major app and frankly part of thr reason why DV dithered so long about the DTG port. I also think Palm got wind of the buyout and why they hopped into bed with Quickoffice for 2.0. BB users want a real keyboard and a killer Pre 2 with excellent enterprise tools and HP marketing could make the berries look pretty unappitizing.
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
  4.    #5  
    they were saying rivals should b afraid, because palm never had the monitary backing or even marketing prowess(in my oppinion) in the first part of the campaign with the scary albino lady. they started to turn things around with the life comes at u quick idea but it was too late and they were already forced into a situation they knew they really have no way out of. now with hp, being the world leader in pc products, they have the funds to target the market share they r aiming for. besides i am sure they have multiple platforms to come which means broadening their scope even more so only time will tell. u may be absolutely right and it still may be a flop but hp is prob the best thing to happen to them since the creation of webos and there is really only one direction(in my oppinion) that the company can go from here, and that is up...
    No one has any reason to fear Palm or HP. The mission of webOS 2.0, from what I can tell, is the same as BB 6: It is to solidify the base, stop the bleeding, and bring back defectors. If they can generate some excitement within the webOS community, they will be doing plenty. If their mission is to pick fights with giants who don't even notice them, then they deserve to get squished.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    No one has any reason to fear Palm or HP. The mission of webOS 2.0, from what I can tell, is the same as BB 6: It is to solidify the base, stop the bleeding, and bring back defectors. If they can generate some excitement within the webOS community, they will be doing plenty. If their mission is to pick fights with giants who don't even notice them, then they deserve to get squished.
    WebOS is considered by many to be the best mobile OS out there right now, but the hardware and lack of advertising and HYPE have kept the Plus versions from Palm from getting a lot of notice by the general public.

If HP/Palm released a 1GHz stock speed version of the Pre Plus with a 3.9 inch screen and slightly larger keyboard(in proportion to the screen size increase), that new release would sell VERY well with a bit of advertising behind it. The Sprint version of the Pre had problems due to build quality issues. By the time the Pre Plus made it to AT&T, pretty much all of those problems disappeared. What we need now is a phone that won't look tiny in a display case(where it may be closed) compared to the larger touchscreen-only devices running iOS or Android.

Remember, the beauty of WebOS isn't in the screen shots, wallpaper, or anything like that, it is in how you use it. The gesture area feels so natural, going back to a device where you have to hit buttons for back, forward, or to go to the home screen just feels like going back to the stone age.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    That doesn't seem like a very lucrative reason for HP to spend their money to buy Palm..... In fact, I would say that if they have spent all of this time just figuring out a way to "stop the bleeding", then the further develpoment of ANY version of WebOS is pointless, and they would be better off dissolving Palm, and storing the patent library.

This is my opinion, but I KNOW that HP saw the same potential in WebOS and Palm that we (the community) see, and that they knew that with the clout, resources, and reputation they have, they could make this into an industry changer. Only time will tell.
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."