View Poll Results: How long can you wait?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • October

3 5.00%
  • November

15 25.00%
  • December or later

33 55.00%
  • I will keep my Pre forever!

9 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all the great new phones in the market how long will you wait till you wait till you wait till you get a new phone if the new Pre is not announced?
  2.    #2  
    I've been a loyal Pre user since 6/16/09 but with all the new beautiful device out and coming out the end of November is as long as I can wait. I will probably get the Epic.
    My phone works better than ever, and does almost everything I want it to. If it breaks, I'll buy a used Pre off-contract somewhere.
    december and later is what i voted for. forever may be closer to the case though. after messing with other people's phones, i am totally sold on webOS, more so than ever. as much as i'd like some drool-worthy hardware, my phone does all i need and more, and i can actually fit it in my pocket.

i don't see myself bothering with switching to another when it won't be the sweetest and most tricked out one in 3-6 months anyway.

i'm waiting for the next webOS device.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I'm willing to wait until Q1 2011 for an announcement. If something is announced within that timeframe, I'm willing to wait for its release.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I can wait 12 months from right now... since I just took advantage of the Free Pre from hp.com and will not be eligible for an upgrade until then anyway. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I am not one of those people that buys phones the minute they come out.

I have 2 years left on my 3 year plan with Bell.

I will have the Pre until my plan runs out.

Little known fact,with Bell, when your contract is up, you can cancel with them, and then they give you $200 if you get someone else to sign your contract.

So I will just give my contact and phone to someone, then start a new contract with Bell in 2 years.

I will probably get whatever HPalm phone is $0 with a 3 year plan at that time, and start the process all over again.
    Ill wait as long as it takes. to me operating system is more important than the hardware at this point. Android compared to webos is just not worth it imo. Dont get me wrong i see some friends with new phones and yeah they are pretty and everything but my pre is the right size compared to the new bricks they are coming out with and again nothing tops webos, especially with this community behind it.
    My Pre runs great but it also has a crack on its top left corner and a bit of an Oreo effect. I have over 300 packages installed on my Pre, including 72 patches which change every aspect of my phone. Every time I play with an Evo, I find myself wishing it had webOS. So long as the hardware holds up, I should be able to remain happy with my Pre for a long time.
    Ive got until march 2012 for my upgrade so I will wait until then...
    Maybe 'till Jan/Feb, but i doubt past then.
    18 months at a minimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    My phone works better than ever, and does almost everything I want it to. If it breaks, I'll buy a used Pre off-contract somewhere.
    I don't know how to answer this question. I want a new WebOS phone, but I don't want a new any other type of smart phone. I don't think I'll purchase off contract Pres, but I'll do what it takes to hold off until a new WebOS device comes on Sprint or WebOS is no longer available period.

If WebOS is no longer available period, I may look at another smartphone or decide to save money and go dumb phone since I can't have the smartphone I want.
    You left off a poll choice: "I already stopped waiting."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You left off a poll choice: "I already stopped waiting."
    Then what would be the rational for staying on this forum if that was their opinion?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Then what would be the rational [sic] for staying on this forum if that was their opinion?
    Seriously? You can't think of a single rationale for a former 2-time Palm Pre owner to hang around in the 'Future Palm Devices' forum? Are you always this obtuse?
    Seriously? You can't think of a single rationale for a former 2-time Palm Pre owner to hang around in the 'Future Palm Devices' forum? Are you always this obtuse?
    Maybe you should pick up all my grammar errors next time.

If you have already stopped waiting for a future device and have no interest in it, and you are a former pre owner and not current. Then I do fail to see any rationale where it would justify a user spending so much time on this forum, unless you can think of some?

Pip
    Maybe you should pick up all my grammar errors next time.

If you have already stopped waiting for a future device and have no interest in it, and you are a former pre owner and not current. Then I do fail to see any rationale where it would justify a user spending so much time on this forum, unless you can think of some?
    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Let me help.

This is a 'Future Palm Devices' forum. I am interested in Future Palm Devices. Does that sink in? I'm not sure where you think I 'stopped waiting for a future device and have no interest in it.' Wouldn't my presence here be evidence to the contrary?

Interestingly, based on your own logic, you're just a 'current pre owner' and therefore should not be in the 'Future Palm Device' forum.
    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Let me help.

This is a 'Future Palm Devices' forum. I am interested in Future Palm Devices. Does that sink in? I'm not sure where you think I 'stopped waiting for a future device and have no interest in it.' Wouldn't my presence here be evidence to the contrary?

Interestingly, based on your own logic, you're just a 'current pre owner' and therefore should not be in the 'Future Palm Device' forum.
    What are you on?
    You suggested that there should be the option 'I already stopped waiting'
    If a user was to chose that option, then it would imply that they are no longer interested in future palm devices. I therefore asked what would be their rationale for spending time on this forum if they do not have an interest? Would you like to answer that question?

All I can say is that your logic is a little flawed. A proffessor of mine once suggested that you break the sentences into symbols so that you can properly deduce the implication.

Pip
    What are you on?
    You suggested that there should be the option 'I already stopped waiting'
    If a user was to chose that option, then it would imply that they are no longer interested in future palm devices. I therefore asked what would be their rationale for spending time on this forum if they do not have an interest? Would you like to answer that question?

All I can say is that your logic is a little flawed. A proffessor of mine once suggested that you break the sentences into symbols so that you can properly deduce the implication.
    Seriously? So you've only owned one brand of phone your entire life? Well, I suppose that possible if you're young enough. I don't own only one brand. In fact I'm currently actively using 4 brands of phone from 4 different providers. One of the models I'm currently NOT using is the Palm Pre - I used to use one, but I replaced that with an Android device. That means I didn't continue to use that Palm Pre and wait for a new WebOS device to come out. In other words, I already stopped waiting.

Now maybe in Pipville all the people pick one brand and never switch off of it, but out here in Realworld, that is often not the case.

Maybe your logic proffessor [sic] should have had you stay after class more.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast