View Poll Results: How long can you wait?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • October

    3 5.00%
  • November

    15 25.00%
  • December or later

    33 55.00%
  • I will keep my Pre forever!

    9 15.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Seriously? So you've only owned one brand of phone your entire life? Well, I suppose that possible if you're young enough. I don't own only one brand. In fact I'm currently actively using 4 brands of phone from 4 different providers. One of the models I'm currently NOT using is the Palm Pre - I used to use one, but I replaced that with an Android device. That means I didn't continue to use that Palm Pre and wait for a new WebOS device to come out. In other words, I already stopped waiting.

    Now maybe in Pipville all the people pick one brand and never switch off of it, but out here in Realworld, that is often not the case.


    Do you really have to turn to childish remarks about age to be able to win your arguments? Sigh.

    You might like to talk about yourself a lot but the only question in my post about yourself was to question what you were on? The rest of my post was on a completely different subject to what you or my personal preferences are when it comes to purchasing mobile phones.
    Maybe you would do me the privilege of re-reading my post and this time providing me with an answer that is appropriate to the question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Maybe your logic proffessor [sic] should have had you stay after class more.
    I don't know if that would have done me much good, I seem to be passing my exams at a pretty good uni

    Pip
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Do you really have to turn to childish remarks about age to be able to win your arguments? Sigh.
    You thought that was a childish remark about age? Chip on your shoulder much? It simply struck me that there is now a whole generation alive that could easily have grown up using one brand of cell phone. Childish - sheez!

    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You might like to talk about yourself a lot but the only question in my post about yourself was to question what you were on? The rest of my post was on a completely different subject to what you or my personal preferences are when it comes to purchasing mobile phones.
    Maybe you would do me the privilege of re-reading my post and this time providing me with an answer that is appropriate to the question?
    I chose to ignore the 'What are you on?' question presuming it was just rhetorical. I didn't directly answer the '...spending time on the forum...do not have an interest' question since I had already directly answered that question in my previous post (here), which you appear to have not read. To wit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    This is a 'Future Palm Devices' forum. I am interested in Future Palm Devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I don't know if that would have done me much good, I seem to be passing my exams at a pretty good uni
    I'm guessing their standards for spelling and reading comprehension are 'pretty good' too.
  3. #23  
    I like my PRE, have 2 years left on contract, and will probably see it through to the end. I actually like my PRE (and this site, homebrew, webOS-Internals) so much that I will probably get the next gen webOS device that comes out, but that will be after my current contract ends.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You thought that was a childish remark about age? Chip on your shoulder much? It simply struck me that there is now a whole generation alive that could easily have grown up using one brand of cell phone. Childish - sheez!
    Really, how silly of me to think that you would do such a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I chose to ignore the 'What are you on?' question presuming it was just rhetorical. I didn't directly answer the '...spending time on the forum...do not have an interest' question since I had [i]already directly answered that question in my previous post ([url= which you appear to have not read.[/i] To wit:
    I'm sorry for confusing you but that post does not answer my question, that is why I restated it. Ignorance is bliss when it suits your agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I'm guessing their standards for spelling and reading comprehension are 'pretty good' too.
    Whilst I don't see a problem with my comprehension skills, I can admit that my speeling (sic) is somewhat relaxed on these forums, but ofcours this differs to you because you always proof your posts or never make a mistake

    Pip
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm sorry for confusing you but that post does not answer my question, that is why I restated it. Ignorance is bliss when it suits your agenda.
    I suppose I can write it, but I can't make you read it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You left off a poll choice: "I already stopped waiting."
    If the OP's intent was to find out about current Pre users, then that's not the choice that was left off. The choice that was left off was until another WebOS device is available or until WebOS devices will no longer be made.

    Of course, I started looking for another OS device, from PalmOS, when the apps that I used on my Treo stopped supporting them. In other words, when TomTom and others stopped making updates for PalmOS. So I guess another choice would be when the developers of apps leave.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I suppose I can write it, but I can't make you read it.
    Oh I have read it, more than 5 times to be a little more precise, but all I can say is that that post doesn't answer my question.
    Could you please re-read this post and give a fresh, appropriate answer.

    Pip
  8. #28  
    After playing with the epic for an extended amount of time this weekend all I can say is this: Palm better get some exceptional hardware out VERY soon, I have had the Pre since launch day and I really want bigger screen and improved hardware.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    After playing with the epic for an extended amount of time this weekend all I can say is this: Palm better get some exceptional hardware out VERY soon, I have had the Pre since launch day and I really want bigger screen and improved hardware.
    I totally agree. I just bought my girlfriend the Epic and WOW the device is great. If Palm doesn't release the next device soon I might have to go to the darkside of Android.
  10. Ecut93's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #30  
    I am willing to wait until the end of December.
  11. #31  
    I would have liked to vote - As long as it takes!
  12. #32  
    I'll wait for the next webOS phone to hit the market. I love my Pre and can't imagine not swiping!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  13. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #33  
    I'll wait till nov. if I have 2.0 on my pre before that and I like the way it runs(on pre minus hardware) I'll hold out for new hardware. If I don't like the way 2.0 runs on my pre or don't have it by nov. I'll most likely get the epic, but I'm also going to keep my pre and may switch back to it if I ever get tired of the epics size. Also if the epic doesn't have fro-yo by nov, I won't even consider changing.

    So what should I vote for?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions