Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Can you point me to a link that confirms Palm (which is no longer a separate corporate entity) has come out and publicly stated that Pre/Pixi sales have increased? I can't find confirmation of that anywhere.
    It was stated and I read it on a website several months back. I don't have the link but if it helps you to feel that Palm continues to sink into the brink of no return then go right ahead b/c you'll still feel the same way. Good things are happening.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I woukd hope there is a increase considering you can get a Pre/Pixi for free on almost every carrier.
    we have all the right leaks to see that obivously 2.0 is almost done if palm was planning on releasing a device this summer along with the evo then obivously they had something but with the HP buyout some things happened and palm knows we need new hardware and so does hp I can see and annoucement soon and a release this year around novemeber becuz oviously there devices floating around and every wobos website is telling us to wait don't jump ship yet becuz obviously palm has been getting down to business...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I hope you're wrong because it would be pretty sad if there was an announcement this coming week. There's been no pre-announcement, no press invites, no buzz of any kind. It'll be just-another-corporate-statement-business-as-usual announcement - which does nothing to reverse the current downward market spiral for WebOS.
    And this matters why to this topic of expecting an announcement. We're simply phone users who crave a new WebOS device, because we like our current one. If a new one comes out and it works as well or better than our current one, then our needs will be met. In addition, if it gives us more options, that we want, then our current WebOS device, then our needs will be met.

It's just our phone, not our livelihood so although shareholders and corporate have to worry about whether or not the strategy turns the tide. For the end user, who is currently satisfied with their purchase, we wish them well, but doesn't affect as long as our current phone continues to work.

In addition, most of us realize that if we weren't with Sprint, we wouldn't even be thinking about what's coming down the pike until 6/2011.

With that perspective, WebOS 2.0 has been announce. I want the update on my Pre, but I also want new device because I'm greedy and I can have one.

OP, I hope you're right.
    so what Im understanding from what the hp folks are saying..the first webos device will be released at the start of Q1 2011 and that's FY11 so november and there will be a lot of new device releases leading up to christmas. These devices might not be running webos2.0. This will come from their PSG BU so it will probably be the slate.. (IPG is their printer BU) and webos 2.0 will make its appearance on a new smartphone at the end of the Q1.. Am i they only person reading it this way?
    Announcing something in Sept, Oct is WAAAAY better than announcing something the same day as the new iPhone comes out. (Pixi launch anyone?)
  7.    #47  
    if anyone noticed the apple presser last week didn't have any coverage like other pressers they'vr held. That's because it was done in the middle of everyone's vacation.

this week or next wee may not be the official announcement, but it wil at least be a press call for a major event in the next few weeks.

if you sell devices, you announce amd release them near thanksgiving. Look at every major game system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Announcing something in Sept, Oct is WAAAAY better than announcing something the same day as the new iPhone comes out. (Pixi launch anyone?)
    True that.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, you've made my point for me. If it's out of beta by Nov the carriers still have to test as you mentioned, but I don't know if you've been watching the 1.4.5 crap with Verizon and ATT but 15-20 day is not happening with American carriers.

So again, we're looking at maybe a mid to late Dec release for webOS 2.0.
    The question here is you don't know if Verizon and ATT are bypassing webos 1.4.5 and expecting to webOS 2.0, and that's a possibility. 15-20 days have been happening with Sprint...

I think is safe to expect that new phone to be introduced in Oct and available in Nov, and the tablet to be introduced at CES.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    We need freakin rules for this sub forum. No link, DELETE THE POST!

ENOUGH of all these fake rumors and horrible attempts to understand the thinking of HP/Palm. It's annoying, useless, and does NOTHING productive.

You say Bank On It, but what do you give up if it's not right? Nothing, right? So what prevents you from making another post next month saying Halloween is the perfect time to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Whoa, Relax. Forums Arent Only About Cold, Hard Facts. They Are Also About Opinion And Discussion. If It Is The OP's Opinion That Something Will Happen Next Week, Then So Be It. Maybe There Are Others Who Feel The Same Way And They Might Want To Have A Discussion About It. While I Do Feel You Also Have Every Right To Feel The Way YOU Do, Its Not Right So Sit Here And Bad Mouth The OP, Who Also Has The Same Right. He's Not Forcing You To Agree, Nor Is He Forcing You To Read It. If You Cant Handle The Way Things Work In A Forum, Then Maybe A Forum Isnt The Place For You. And I Dont Mean This In A Negative Way At All.
    Yeah, that rule would be almost as bad as deleting posts for which every word began with a capital letter. ;-)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    jeez doesn't the get annoying hitting the freakin caps button?!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Yeah, that rule would be almost as bad as deleting posts for which every word began with a capital letter. ;-)
    Or Winking At Me

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    jeez doesn't the get annoying hitting the freakin caps button?!
    Actually No, Im So Used To It. Been Doing It For Years. Its A Hard Habit To Break.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Well if they want to get this device selling for the holiday season, they need to release around 11/25 (Thanksgiving). I would say that if they want to release then, they should announce the device around the end of October. In fact to really get some buzz going if I was H/Palm I would release on Black Friday (11/26) for a one day reduced price and include an accessory bundle. People love buying electronics on Black Friday, especially on sale electronics. I would think they would want to also release webOS 2.0 about a week (11/19) before to make sure that if there are any bugs they are aware of them when the new customers come online. The new phone(s) almost absolutely need to come with 2.0 pre-installed.
    For my sake, I hope it's a week or two prior to Black Friday. (Ugh, I refuse to go anywhere near retail stores that day - did it once, that was enough for my lifetime.)

I agree with others that Xmas shopping season would be great. But, a big splash at CES is just as likely.

/coinflip
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well, according to the OP, today is day 1 of the window. Even though my vote falls in the "not a chance" catagory...... we shall see.
    Scoob
    The best way to predict what Palm is going to do, might be guessing what they will not do:

1) Announce (or completely leak) a killer OS and hardware, and then have a huge gap before launch. If people aren't posting/crying/protesting for a new phone now, imagine what would happen is something was leaked, but then delayed once or twice.

2) Release questionable hardware. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

3) Release 2.0 in anything other than 99% perfect form. It felt/sounded like things were a bit rushed with 1.0. To get back in the game, they need great reviews across the board. If they can toe the line with Android in Gmail/Maps/Nav/Voice?, then the big selling points of Android go away for me.

4) Miss the holiday season.

5) Run a horrible marketing campaign.

6) Ignore the homebrew community.

For reasons 1-3, I'm perfectly happy to wait for an announcement because one has to be coming for reason #4.

As for #5, yes it was bad last time around, but if we are honest, the Pre wasn't exactly the best piece of hardware either. If Palm delivers on a great phone, I can't see them botching the marketing.

All indications from HP/Palm seem to be in the direction of keeping an ear open to the homebrew community.

IF Palm does wait until CES to announce a new phone, it will probably be too late even for a few diehard WebOS fans. I don't think they will wait until CES, and am open to some bets (intrade?) to put money where my mouth is.
    It's not easy to predict what HP will do (palm never was). Especially when you see things like this: Exclusive: HP Photosmart eStation C510 is Android-powered Zeus / Zeen, may not run Gmail or Market apps -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's not easy to predict what HP will do (palm never was). Especially when you see things like this: Exclusive: HP Photosmart eStation C510 is Android-powered Zeus / Zeen, may not run Gmail or Market apps -- Engadget
    I see that, and for the first time, I am glad that they at least say they're going to follow the pre-existing Palm hardware roadmap. This makes the Pixi look like the design decision of the decade.
    More support for OP's theory:

@rahulsood: Leaving Sea City today. Heading to the bay area for a few days. .....
    1:50 PM Sep 6th via TweetDeck
    Hopefully, Sood will remember to tweet about it from Bad Kitty on his Pre rather than Twitter on his iPad.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast