Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I am a Sprint loyalist, using an LG Musiq (*sigh*), and was waiting for the cost of the Pre to go down before I got one. Now that it is Free on HP Wireless, should I go ahead and get it or wait for the new H/Palm phone coming out "by the end of the year" (as some speculate)?
    Wait till November or December for the new palm unless you don't have the money for new hardware.
    I would wait a month if I were you.
    just wait !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Buy a used Pre, ebay or on the Marketplace on here. Even craigslist. Use that phone until there's a new one, and then you can use your cheap phone upgrade on the new phone.
    If a used Pre is still too rich for your blood, I'm sure someone has an old treo 755p sitting around. I miss that keyboard.
    Look on Craigs List locally, there should be loads of cheap ones with people upgrading to Evo's and Epics. You can use, learn, and doesn't affect your upgrade.

And remember, once they are free, they can't start charging again, so check out other sources before you lock yourself in for 2 years.

And P.S. you can use an old Pre just like an Itouch. Turn on wifi, and everything runs except messages and phone. This is what I am doing with new Android Hero - learning and setting up for my hubby who doesn't care for Pre. I bought it off Craigs List to see if he liked (an upgrade from his Nextel with antenna and T9 text). Once I have it tweaked, he will use and I'm back home.
    I think everyone knows my position on this... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...print-pre.html haha

Most people disagreed with me, but I chose to take advantage of the offer anyway.

The way I see it, it's only a 12 month decision, I can live with the Pre for 12 months and use that time to save up the cash I know I'll need to put down for the newest/latest/greatest.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Buy a used Pre, ebay or on the Marketplace on here. Even craigslist. Use that phone until there's a new one, and then you can use your cheap phone upgrade on the new phone.
    good idea. get an out of contract pre and then upgrade when the new webOS phone comes out.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't know much about this... If I were to get a used Pre, I'd still need to activate it for use with my Sprint plan, right? And transfer all my contacts too it, set it up, etc? Wouldn't Sprint be able to tell I was using a different phone and lock me into the year-long wait before I could get a new one?
    While it's true that Sprint would know you had a different phone, your contract won't be renewed. The object of contract renewal is generally to help ensure the carrier can recoup the cost of the phone.

If you get your phone from Sprint, but pay full price, your contract stays open. The only thing I think is different is for the 4G phones. Since there's a change in the monthly amount, the contract gets re-upped.

This is all just my general understanding. If others can correct or clarify, please chime in.
    If you're using your upgrade forget it. Any other way ~ Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1618 View Post
    I am a Sprint loyalist, using an LG Musiq (*sigh*), and was waiting for the cost of the Pre to go down before I got one. Now that it is Free on HP Wireless, should I go ahead and get it or wait for the new H/Palm phone coming out "by the end of the year" (as some speculate)?
    You sound like one who doesn't mind waiting a bit to save some money so I say: Get the free Pre, get a simply everything 450 plan and make payments on time. That will reward you Sprint Premier status. Then you will be eligible for an upgrade a year from now. Maybe by then, the new phones will have dropped a bit.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    wait. That is all