1.    #1  
    Does anyone else find the Treo vibrate mode to be just too loud? It's a constant source of embarrassment in meetings where it has been called anything from the lawn mower mode to the whine mode.

Mine is a Treo 180. What have others experienced with the different Treo models?

Thanks.
    It isn't silent, but I think it's inline with other cell phones.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    It isn't silent, but I think it's inline with other cell phones.
    Not my Treo. Other cell phones I've used are virtually inaudible in vibrate mode unless they are sitting on a hard surface. My Treo's vibrate mode is a lot louder than that. I can hear it from inside my pocket. Heck, come to think of it, I almost always don't feel it, I can only hear it. So the vibrate mode is too loud and I can barely feel it!
    I have a 270 and have exactly the same problem. I can hear the vibration when it's inside my *bag* never mind my pocket.

And like you, when it is in my pocket I generally don't feel it.

Not real happy with it. I've learned not to put it on tables during meetings.

-johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
    Does anyone else find the Treo vibrate mode to be just too loud? It's a constant source of embarrassment in meetings where it has been called anything from the lawn mower mode to the whine mode.
    My old Nokia cellphone started out rather quiet in vibrate mode when I got it, but a few months later, the vibrate was so loud I had to quick using it.

My Treo 270's vibrate mode isn't as loud as my Nokia, but I'm betting it will get louder over time, just like the Nokia did.