1.    #1  
    I know everyone is hyped up about the "free" VoiceStream ISDN data line we can use with our Treo's and VisorPhones BUT i just found out Data calls were taken our of your anytime minutes, even during the weekend when i have unlimited. I didnt know this until recently, and ran up my anytime minutes to 650 making me 150 minutes over my 500 free. The bill was tremendous! I just wanted to let you people know before you make the same mistake. Heres the email:

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    How are "data" minutes calculated? I use VoiceStream's ISDN number to dial in...

Suggested Answer
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    At 08/22/2002 02:42 PM we wrote - Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

When making a dial-up connection, the time spent connected is deducted from your airtime minutes. Unfortunately this data feature is not unlimited on the weekends. We do offer a plan that will allow unlimited weekend access, and the feature is $10.00 a month. If you are interested in adding this to your account, please contact our Wireless Data department at 1-800-937-8997.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,
    Diona
    Web Correspondence
    Technical Services
    VoiceStream T-Mobile

Good luck.
    When I had that happen on my first bill, I called them up and corrected it. No problems at all since then. I've never heard of that $10 option.
  3.    #3  
    How did you resolve it? Are they letting you have unlimited weekend data minutes, or not? Did they just give you your money back for that month, and tell you not to make the mistake again?
    No, they creditted me the money they shouldn't have charged me and I've not noticed any of those weird charges since. I intend, if I ever get them, to raise a stink if they don't admit their mistake.
    It sounds like you have the "basic" plan which only gives 500 weekend minutes. The next plan up is $10 more and you get unlimited weekends (voice and data).

The "free" ISDN line is just free internet access - you still are charged voice minutes (except if you have unlimited weekends).

Michael
  6.    #6  
    No, i have the 29.99 a month plan, with 500 weekday and unlimited weekend. Still, data minutes on the weekend come out of my weekday 500 minutes
    Strange... I've got the $29.95 plan with 200 weekday/unlimited weekend and I don't get charged on weekends for voice or data.

Michael
  8.    #8  
    Maybe i worded the question to them wrong, i will write them again. Why dont you have 500 weekday? You pay the same and get less? Weird...Lets see how they reply to my reworded question.
    Why dont you have 500 weekday? You pay the same and get less? Weird...Lets see how they reply to my reworded question.
    Okay, maybe we've got an answer here. For $29.99 a month, the current plan is 200 minutes, and that includes unlimitted weekends, data included. Are you grandfathered into a different plan? If so, that might explain the difference.