Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried using their Pre / Pre+ in Pearson International Airport (YYZ) using WiFi recently? I get a strong signal, it connects and then about 3 seconds later, disconnects. I can't figure out why. 3G works fine there, but, seeing as how Pearson has decent WiFi that is now free, it seemed like a waste not to use it.

Any thoughts?
    I could swear I was Rock'n WiFi at Pearson at the end of July....but that might have been at YEG (EDM International). Sorry I have now been completely unhelpful.

Did you open the web browser after connection to accept the terms of service? Or did it disconnect before you could even do that?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/01/2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, it disconnected too quickly. I tried to get a WebBrowser page to load while it was up (all 3 seconds of uptime), but no luck.

For what it's worth, I have used it on other airport WiFi connections, just never successful @ Pearson.
    From the airport authority web page:

To access Internet:

1. Enable Wi-Fi in your device.
    2. Simply select and connect to the "Toronto Pearson Wi-Fi" SSID from the network list.
    3. Launch your Internet browser.

For help, call toll-free 1-800-880-4117 or support@boingo.com.
    Looks like Boingo is still delivering the service...they "generally" have good support. Give them a call.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I know it works great with my laptop (use it all the time). I used to even connect with my old Palm T|X -- just doesn't seem to like my Pre.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    A long overdue update -- for whatever it's worth, I am able to connect there now. Not sure what happened to make my problem go away.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->