1.    #1  
    I really hope Palm launch 3 models with 3 different names on the 3 major US carriers at the same time. Motorola did it yesterday in China, link:
    Worldwide Tech: Motorola launches 3 smartphones models on 3 China carriers

A more agressive marketing launchs campaign are needed.

After this article you can find a linkedin summary profile of Todd Achilles the man about are talking :
    HP hires former HTC exec, now overseeing Palm sales

Amid an exodus of former Palm employees, Hewlett-Packard is hoping a former HTC executive can help it rebuild Palm's anemic smartphone position.

Three weeks before it scooped up Palm for $1.2 billion in April, HP tapped Todd Achilles as its vice presdient of telco sales. Achilles is now in charge of running the combined HP and Palm sales teams for the Americas.

In 2005, Achilles led the Americas office of HTC, then a little-known Taiwanese handset maker best known for churning out Windows Mobile devices. At the tine, HTC was working to expand its position among U.S. carriers with gadgets like the T-Mobile Dash. Achilles left HTC in September 2007, just as the company was gearing up to produce the T-Mobile G1, the first phone running on Google's Android platform.

Achilles, as his name would suggest, has a warrior's task before him. He has to try and revitalize Palm's sales within HP while also contending with a large talent drain. Earlier this month Peter Skillman, who oversaw the design of the original Palm Pre, left HP. Skillman's departure followed those of Michael Abbott, Palm's senior vice president of software and services; Matias Duarte, senior director of human interface and user experience; Mike Bell, senior vice president of product development; and Lynn Fox, Palm's senior vice president of public relations, among others. Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein has been integrated into HP's business structure, and is still with the company.

HP has confirmed it will release a webOS-based tablet early next year, and Rubinstein said earlier this summer that Palm is aggressively working on new hardware.

HP hires former HTC exec, now overseeing Palm sales - FierceWireless

Todd Achilles linkedin profile summary:

Todd Achilles
    VP, Telco Sales, PSG Americas at Hewlett-Packard
    Link Error | LinkedIn
    The link is working.

Greater Seattle Area

Wireless
    Actual
    • VP, Telco Sales, PSG Americas en Hewlett-Packard
    • Board member en City Year, Inc.
    Before
    • Managing Member en Balius Ventures LLC
    • Vice President en HTC America, Inc.
    • Executive Director en T-Mobile

Education
    • Univ of Washington
    • Univ. of Washington
    • University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business

Extract
    Building and leading teams in product management, product development, marketing and sales.

Specialities
    product marketing, product management, consumer market research, handset design, wireless data network engineering, packet voice network design and engineering, GPRS, EDGE, WiFi, VoIP, 3G, OFDM, EV-DO,
    Last edited by akitayo; 08/31/2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    This is great news.
    Huge task ahead of him hopefully he can find a way to push the next devices from palm. Good luck
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    This is great news.
    They are really waking up
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Huge task ahead of him hopefully he can find a way to push the next devices from palm. Good luck
    Yes, To launch multiple models worldwide at the same time is a really huge operation task and not impossible
    Hi all,

Perhaps this will help HP in getting HTC to lease webOS...since there have been rumors about HTC leasing webOS since Leo was on "All Things D."

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Perhaps this will help HP in getting HTC to lease webOS...since there have been rumors about HTC leasing webOS since Leo was on "All Things D."

Take care,

Jay
    Previous post to yours was from September 2010
    wait, so he left HTC just before they started being awesome. I hope it wasn't his departure that made them successful
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    my vote goes to samsung and LG for licensing partners -=) HTC as far as i know only makes phone so i cant see the ecosystem john and leo keep talking about with them
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Previous post to yours was from September 2010
    Hi Yes I am aware of that. However IF Leo does decide to pursue a relationship with HTC perhaps having a former HTC employee on the payroll may help...no matter when he was hired....take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    dont understnad why T-mobile is always left out of the loop, H/P needs to expand to the smallest bit space available and not budge.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    dont understnad why T-mobile is always left out of the loop, H/P needs to expand to the smallest bit space available and not budge.
    Why expend resources on T-Mobile with the pending acquisition by a company who already sells your product?

I have no idea of they were ever offered any of the other GSM devices previously, but right now would just seem to be a waste. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.