Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok so 2.0 is coming at the end of this year. I think there something wrong with this pic. Is it just me or should they have 2.0 on the new hardware. meaning when the new hardware comes out 2.0 should be available to all palm devices. Just a thought. What you guys think ?
    Well.. since there are no pics of new hardware right now and 2.0 will be available for all webOS devices... I don't see anything wrong with it.
    to me beginning of year is jan,feb,march,april. Middle of year,may,june,july,aug. And end of year,sept,oct,nov,dec. I think that's what they mean also.
    Well, whose to say there won't be new hardware by the end of year (or sooner)?

I know a lot of times on P|C I have been a Debbie Downer on the lack of new hardware (or even seemingly the interest in producing new hardware) but nobody but HPalm knows when new hardware will be available.

Granted they have not come out and said that new hardware will be available for 2.0, but I assume they are on different project time lines. And I think they would be doing everyone a disservice by tying them together. This way we get both when they are available rather than having to wait for the last one to be done.
  5.    #5  
    really you have no problem with such a big update we should have the new hardware with it. 2.0 is going to be big i would love a new toy that comes with it,,,,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, whose to say there won't be new hardware by the end of year (or sooner)?
    Bazinga!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Nobody here "knows" anything regarding exactly when 2.0 or new hardware will be released, despite all of the claims of "sources" and "A Sprint rep told me....".

Best not to get worked up about it. If your Pre doesn't get the job done for you now, get another device that exists NOW. If it does, wait as patiently as you can.
    They said "before the end of the year".

Probably to coincie with a product launch between October and November.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    webos 2.0 will come with the new hardware as well as 2.0 being an update to current hardware.
    EVO shipped before Froyo was out. OTA updates make this not problem. Easy to add 2.0 when it's ready...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxr2hxx View Post
    webos 2.0 will come with the new hardware as well as 2.0 being an update to current hardware.
    I don't recall seeing this etched on any tablets anywhere.

There is no requirement for new hardware to have WebOS 2.0 on it. The two should be considered separately. There is also no requirement that WebOS 2.0 will come to old hardware when available on new.

There is just no correlation.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I honestly dont care either way. Just having something NEW from Palm for a change will be refreshing. Its the ole' chicken or the egg debate :P
    when the 2 app devs saw the "roadrunner" device in their logs, they were reporting 2.0 as their operating system, so if the testing device has 2.0 why ship new units with 1.4.5?
    Palm is full of Ex-Apple guys. I would be surprised if they didn't follow the Apple model of new version of the OS with new hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post
    Palm was full of Ex-Apple guys. I would be surprised if they didn't follow the Apple model of new version of the OS with new hardware.
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post
    Palm is full of Ex-Apple guys. I would be surprised if they didn't follow the Apple model of new version of the OS with new hardware.
    I am guessing that this will happen also...and as Palm has shown, WebOS will be available to all phones curerntly out and new ones. They will probably do exactly what Apple did with iOS 4 to where you can download WebOS 2.0 on the Pre BUT you might not have the functionality of say the stacked cards, or certain other features. But I would be almost 90% sure that 2.0 would work on the Pre. It would be dumb move on their part not too.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I am guessing that this will happen also...and as Palm has shown, WebOS will be available to all phones curerntly out and new ones. They will probably do exactly what Apple did with iOS 4 to where you can download WebOS 2.0 on the Pre BUT you might not have the functionality of say the stacked cards, or certain other features. But I would be almost 90% sure that 2.0 would work on the Pre. It would be dumb move on their part not too.
    exactly. also stacked cards do work on pre
    Quote Originally Posted by xxr2hxx View Post
    exactly. also stacked cards do work on pre

I need sources/confirmation...you sound like you in the know on something...

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    when the 2 app devs saw the "roadrunner" device in their logs, they were reporting 2.0 as their operating system, so if the testing device has 2.0 why ship new units with 1.4.5?
    Because 2.0 could still be in testing?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Where did Palm say "at the end of the year"?

I see "webOS 2.0 will be released later this year". October is later this year. So is tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast