Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Where did Palm say "at the end of the year"?

I see "webOS 2.0 will be released later this year". October is later this year. So is tomorrow.
    Precisely. 'nuff said. Case closed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Where did Palm say "at the end of the year"?

I see "webOS 2.0 will be released later this year". October is later this year. So is tomorrow.
    On January 1st, January 2nd is considered to be "later this year".
    They may delay 2.0 for those of us rocking Pres and Pixis, but not for too long. Maybe for a month or so after they drop new hardware maybe, but we will get it nevertheless.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I don't recall seeing this etched on any tablets anywhere.

There is no requirement for new hardware to have WebOS 2.0 on it. The two should be considered separately. There is also no requirement that WebOS 2.0 will come to old hardware when available on new.

There is just no correlation.
    Man-o-man, I can see the Precentral graphic for the announcement article already...An iPad etched with the news "New Palm hardware and webOS 2.0 will be released together!!!"

Heh heh heh...

Quote Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post
    Palm is full of Ex-Apple guys. I would be surprised if they didn't follow the Apple model of new version of the OS with new hardware.
    Rubinstein once said (going from memory here), that one of the best parts of Palm's work in getting to webOS and the Pre was that they had control over both the hardware and the software, being able to design each to complement the other.

Assuming the centrality of this philosophy to his ethos, and as much as it does seem to be part his former employer Apple's ethos, I would be pretty darned surprised if webOS 2.0 and new hardware did not appear together, at least unveiled first in the same device.

Granted, he may not be the ultimate decision-maker here, but I have the impression (from I'm-not-sure-where) that HP also understands the value in controlling both software and hardware. Add to that HP's early suggestion and Rahul's recent repetition (in last week's Palmcast) that HP was trying not to overly muck with Palm's mojo, and I think that that set of reasoning also lends support to the notion that webOS 2.0 and new hardware will appear together first.

Or...this could all be just wishful thinking on my part, hoping for a new device soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12