Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I'm thinking ethically in the toilet, not exactly money wise. Disreputable companies. There are just too many of them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Phone Diva, regardless of our differences and arguments we may have in other threads, good on you for being concerned and upset about this news.

And shame on the rest of you who shrug it off. If this were Apple, you know you would all be shouting for blood. But since it is the keeper of the Palm flame, anything goes.

Again, Phone Diva, you have gained respect points from me that you can never lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't know. HP has lost a lot of it's luster IMO. I can't respect many corporations anymore, and it now makes me hesitant to spend money on new products(I now often buy used). Looks like Fiorina was the CEO at the time, and she didn't do the company any favors either from what I remember.
    60% of HP's revenue comes from outside of North America. Phil Mckinney stated that in a chat with Dion and Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Phone Diva, regardless of our differences and arguments we may have in other threads, good on you for being concerned and upset about this news.

And shame on the rest of you who shrug it off. If this were Apple, you know you would all be shouting for blood. But since it is the keeper of the Palm flame, anything goes.

Again, Phone Diva, you have gained respect points from me that you can never lose.
    I like the Diva too, but I don't really see anyone shrugging it off. I'm not sure what comments you are reading.

It's more like resignation to the fact that there is hardly a large corporation (or other large institution) which has clean hands in matters of morality. But that is a subject for an entirely new thread.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    I totally agree about the state of modern business. I remember when Microsoft was an up and coming young company. Then the whole web browser fiasco showed that they were just another company willing to do anything to game the system in their favor. (Microsofties, I'm not trying to pick on them - it is an of repeated pattern in MANY companies).

I wonder (like Diogenes) if there is any completely honest companies out there of any large size, or must you 'sell you soul' in order to find big time success.

C
    She did so "well" she seeking political office in California... yikes
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    She did so "well" she seeking political office in California... yikes
    The current people in office in California aren't any better.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Bill Maher said it best - he loves squares; gotta have squares, or the whole place would just fall apart. Squares are the ones crunching the actual numbers, even if they don't know what inspiration actually IS.

So if you're a company of brilliant and inspired people, you may have some success before you get bought up by a multinational; or you may fail and die.
    But if you ARE the multinational, you only got to where you are by NOT being brilliant and inspired, but by doing the boring numbers work, trying products that research has shown should sell, and making business decisions about how to better sell your products. You needed the squares to get there.

And if you got very rich people in white collars, you will inevitably get very despicable, immoral but (obviously) entirely legal and not persecutable white collar crime. Stealing millions as a billionaire isn't really anything because the papers are all drawn up like that, see; stealing an apple when you're starving is jailable theft.
    Bill Maher is an *****, Please don't take life credos from a comedian.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    There will never be any completely honest companies, because there are no completely honest people.

Seriously.
    Just look at anybody you work with or go to school with, or even your own families.

Are ANY of them COMPLETELY honest? NO.

Do you know how many times we say "Oh, I can vouch for him or her, they would NEVER" do this or do that.

And then what happens? We look like the idiots for trusting them.

And you guys expect to find a whole company full of honest people? Are you all living in Fantasy Land? How can i get there from Atlanta?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/04/2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    There will never be any completely honest companies, because there are no completely honest people.

Seriously.
    Just look at anybody you work with or go to school with, or even your own families.

Are ANY of them COMPLETELY honest? NO.

Do you know how many times we say "Oh, I can vouch for him or her, they would NEVER" do this or do that.

And then what happens? We look like the idiots for trusting them.

And you guys expect to find a whole company full of honest people? Are you all living in Fantasy Land? How can i get there from Atlanta?
    Wow - I can see you've been burned a few times in your life. Fear not, there are honest people in the business world - they just aren't all that common.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12