Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    What happened to the pico projector?
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Hpalm surprised us with a pico projector on the envy?
    Why did the buzz on pico projectors die down?
    Maybe they have something else in mind. ^_^
    i would really get a lot of use from a pico-projector.

front facing camera is also something I really want. once you use skype with video, it's hard to go back. especially with family.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    i would really get a lot of use from a pico-projector.

front facing camera is also something I really want. once you use skype with video, it's hard to go back. especially with family.
    Agree. But I think the front facing camera has far more appeal to the average consumer than a pico-projector.
    Pico projectors have been widely criticized for having insufficient brightness for everyday use in a normally lit room and very short battery life. I think a good GPU with a Video (HDMI) output that one could hook up to any external projector or monitor would be a better option.

As for forward facing cameras, again a micro webcam input on a phone will let people who want to Video Conference have that option or maybe a flip camera that could be ether forward or rear facing.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    ^ So true...they could make a separate line of devices with pico projector for business users.
    A Pico projector was built into the original TI Blaze (dual screen) development platform. The Blaze tablet/pad has a jack for an external Pico. I've seen an external projector (Best Buy?). Okay for a one-on-one presentation, but not for a large room. An HDMI port would be more useful, but (Evo aside) it isn't that practical on a smartphone. More of a tablet or netbook feature.
    I would love to have Skype with video. Or Skype for that matter...
    I can live without either....
    Whether you would use it or not, one thing Palm doesn't need is to release a handset after this prolonged disappearing act that lacks parity with the rest of the market.

If the Epic, Evo, and iPhone 4 have a feature, then the next Palm device needs ti have it too. High resolution displays, front-facing camera, 720p recording, compasses...you name it.

Besides, didn't HP just partner with a videoconferencing software company?

Get used to it folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by workerb33 View Post

front facing camera is also something i really want. Once you use skype with video, it's hard to go back. Especially with family.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

if the epic, evo, and iphone 4 have a feature, then the next palm device needs ti have it too. High resolution displays, front-facing camera, 720p recording, compasses...you name it.
    +!
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I can live without either....
    I'm with you. I wouldn't use either one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Whether you would use it or not, one thing Palm doesn't need is to release a handset after this prolonged disappearing act that lacks parity with the rest of the market.

If the Epic, Evo, and iPhone 4 have a feature, then the next Palm device needs ti have it too. High resolution displays, front-facing camera, 720p recording, compasses...you name it.

Besides, didn't HP just partner with a videoconferencing software company?

Get used to it folks.
    why? why? why?

I love video chat, but don't want another standard... For the love of god, make it have synergy, and work with skype, and facetime. Cause i know only 2 people with a webos device (ones me, the other is my brother's friend's dad).

I actually love the idea of video chat, I can be out somewhere, be left wondering: should I buy this "insert item", and can video chat for a second opinion.
    I gave my original reason for wanting skype w/ video chat. I have a hot girlfriend. Many now understand and agree that enough is a reason, not to mention how much more personal a phone call becomes.
    the next webos phone will definitely have it, too much has been mentioned about skype by higher ups in hp. Then for them to buy a video chat company, how much more writing needs to be on a wall?
    To compete the next Cadillac webOS device needs a front facing camera.....one which I would use once a year. I'm not about to have video chats while in the car, at the mall, out for dinner with the wife/friends or while on a bike ride. At other times, when i'm at home, I would use the computer for video chats.

That said....the younger folks and the teenagers want it and would use it constantly (regardless of practicality), thus the next phone needs it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I gave my original reason for wanting skype w/ video chat. I have a hot girlfriend. Many now understand and agree that enough is a reason, not to mention how much more personal a phone call becomes.
    the next webos phone will definitely have it, too much has been mentioned about skype by higher ups in hp. Then for them to buy a video chat company, how much more writing needs to be on a wall?
    I dont buy the hot girlfriend comment, w/o pics it didnt happen!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I dont buy the hot girlfriend comment, w/o pics it didnt happen!
    well if you wait, he'll give you video
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    well if you wait, he'll give you video
    Now, that's funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post

That said....the younger folks and the teenagers want it and would use it constantly (regardless of practicality), thus the next phone needs it.
    You are probably right, but another "meh!" from me. Maybe a rise in the average age of Precentral users wouldn't be such a bad thing?