Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/29/h...es-on-twitter/

New Palm/HP devices? Simply prototypes? Discuss!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/29/hps-phil-mckinney-teases-three-mystery-prototypes-on-twitter/

New Palm/HP devices? Simply prototypes? Discuss!
    most likely, and just a teaser HP style.
    black shapes blotting out some things.
    one of them appears to be a wrist-mounted touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    one of them appears to be a wrist-mounted touchstone.
    I can say with 100% for sure... that its one of those scram alcholic bracelets. har har har.
    A Palm Pre, an HP Slate and a watch. The black squares are to make them look fancy
    They weren't blacked out - that's McKinney testing the wooden form factors for the upcoming Windows 7 tablet and the next-generation HP iPaq Glisten smartphone.
    HP-Palm Prototypes Exposed!!!
    I guess you guys were right about the toaster. Looks like the toast sucks though. I wonder how much the licensing costs were for the watch.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_pNjxfNpf2Ts/TH...pesExposed.png

Add your own guesses to this thread...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 08/30/2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: fixed some typos
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Brilliant!!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    oh man. i was SO hoping this would turn into a photoshop competition. HOORAY!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    awesome stuff!! I can't wait for the day I can walk in the door and have the toast pop as I kick my shoes off...

in all seriousness though, I have been waiting for a couple years now for Timex to realize that their days are numbered. Any body here still wear one? How about Polaroid? Anybody use one of their cameras anymore? Timex needs to partner with someone and bring their phones into the information age. I imagine we still need a few more advancements in battery technology. But if anyone has the eggheads to spare for this sort of thing, it would be Palm.
    look how the phone looking one has a curve in the blackbox like it has a curvy design like the pre can you say pre 2?
    I thought they were flex displays that powered down and needed a charge....my bad...im glad i was wrong, swiping and printing my bread seems way cooler thx!
    If that IS the new Palm phone, then I am VERY disappointed. It looks as small as the Pre.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    ...It looks as small as the Pre.
    Hooray it looks almost as small as the Pre!
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    I can't imagine why the watch is blocked out, unless some sort of bluetooth watch that syncs alarms with phone, but that sounds kind of useless and redundant. IDK maybe he is wearing a cheap knock off watch (Bolex) and doesn't want people to see it?
    Lol, there's nothing really there. Look at the shape of his hand in the photo. Hold your phone. Look where the shadow is and where the phone should be. Fail.

Same with the tablet. And is the watch skin tight? Looks like it in the 2nd photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Lol, there's nothing really there. Look at the shape of his hand in the photo. Hold your phone. Look where the shadow is and where the phone should be. Fail.

Same with the tablet. And is the watch skin tight? Looks like it in the 2nd photo.
    Yeah, the top photo is him holding a picture of his wife. The second photo is of his HP calculator. And the watch, a breast cancer awareness band.
    who cares about the prototypes, someone severed this poor guys hands and there is no blood!!! I sense the work of a vampire....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast