1.    #1  
    Looking for another great TREO site. Check out
    Everything Treo
    Whats so great about it? Whats the advantage of splitting up the critical mass here on treocentral? A total of 13 posts in the forum there. Whats the point?

To quote one of the posts:

For more discussions on the Treo, try http://www.treocentral.com.
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Whats the advantage of splitting up the critical mass here on treocentral?
    Variety?

Competition?

Differing viewpoints?

More to the point, what's the disadvantage of more than one treo-related site?

Kupe
    Everything Treo has a dead discussion board, although it is visually interesting. Treo on Yahoo Groups has some discussion, but it often just a duplicate to this board. Ads make it annoying.

This is the place to learn about Treos.
    I find Treomb.com to be a good discussion site. A bit faster, and it handles unread posts better (just because I logged on doesn't mean I read every post on the board!).
  6.    #6  
    I enjoy visiting all the sites. When I created Everything Treo, there wasn't a Treo Central (or at least I didn't know about it). I find both Treo Central and TreoMB to be great sites. If you are looking for something different, then check out the new "Treos Around The Globe" photo gallery. I'm asking Treo users to upload their photos from around the globe! Should make for an interesting area. I can't take credit for the idea...the guys at ipoding.com have a great IPODS Around the World feature. I've just Treo-ized it. Either way, I do invite you to have more than one Treo site in your favorites list.

Cheers,
    Chris

p.s. - on a side note, I recently cleaned out the posts to fix some issues I was having. Albiet, the site doesn't come close to this site in terms of numbers, but I still hope to make it a cool site for Treo users. Feel free to make suggestions on how to better the site.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Kupe

Variety?

Competition?

Differing viewpoints?

More to the point, what's the disadvantage of more than one treo-related site?

Kupe
    The disadvantage is that it takes a relatively small community, whose strength is in the number of opinions, ideas, experiences, and contacts we have, and fragments us.

When the Sprint techs looked for a message board to post on when problems arose the first week of service, Treocentral was the obvious choice. Had there been three or four equally large groups, we might or might not have gotten timely, up to date information we so badly wanted and needed.

Were there hundreds of thousands of Treo users, this would not be a consideration. That we are a reasonably small group to start with speaks to not separating us out, but rather to working together, for the betterment of the entire Treo-using community
    Paz: Well Said
    The obvious choice would have been for Handspring to offer their own message board/discussion threads.
    --NickC--
    I agree. Think of all the money that they would save from answering the same questions from hundreds of people sending in emails.

Originally posted by NickC
    The obvious choice would have been for Handspring to offer their own message board/discussion threads.