View Poll Results: Would you love the next Hp|Palm device(s) to be touchstone compatible?

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yea; I love using my touchstone charger.

391 95.37%
  • No; It gets too hot when I'm using my phone, and charging at the same time.

2 0.49%
  • I don't care, I just need to see something new from Hp|Palm.

11 2.68%
  • I'm just voting because I love to vote.

6 1.46%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, ya'll..
    I'm a huge lover of the touchstone charger, and I was thinking... How super awesome it would be - if Hp|Palm would bring back the touchstone charger along with their new device(s).

I made a poll to see who think this would be a [Great] idea. Feel free to participate.

Ps: Voting in this poll is optional, not mandatory. However, your votes are appreciated.

The poll result will be [Submitted] to Cathie Lesjak
    Interim CEO and Chief Financial Officer
    Hewlett-Packard Company.

{Thanks}
    Last edited by RL; 08/28/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    yes (x)

no ( )
    I am a big Touchstone user, I have three - one in my car, one next to my computer, one next to my bed. As much as I want a Pre2 (or whatever it's called) when it comes out, I'll have to think long and hard before upgrading if I cannot use my Touchstones with it. Now, of Palm comes out with a new Touchstone model (I hope this is not the case) then I will just have to buy a couple new chargers with my new phone. The bottom line is, I do not plan to be without the ease of keeping my Pre's charge topped off that the Touchstone provides. It is the best feature of the phone! (Well, almost.)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Not a big deal for me. I have one for my home and one for the office. At first I thought it was really cool, but after having a few missed charges because the phone didn't settle in the right spot I consider the Touchstone more hype than necessary.

The Touchstone is like a lot of the other Pre/Pixi stuff -- beautiful concept, but weak implementation. I would rather have a simple little cradle that is more reliable and more flexible with power sources.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    yes
    I wouldn't want a phone without a TS. I have 8 total. Four are mine, one each for three of my teens and one spare. Of course that is only a spare until I find a secure way to mount it to my Harley.

They would be wise to make at least the next couple of devices backwards compatible to the current TS. Coming out with a new design is fine too just so the devices work with both.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I can't think of a single reason what they wouldn't. It can't be that difficult or costly to implement in the kinds of smartphones in the pipeline.
    I will be unhappy if my 6 touchstones don't work with the next generation palm phones
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I have 6 - 2 cars, office, home office, living room, bedroom. so, uh, YEAH I'd like my next phone to work with it :^)
    I think HPalm would **** a lot of people off if the new equipment wouldn't be compatible with the touchstone. But then again, would we really leave if they made a different kind of charger? We would probably just end up buying it, though complaining that we have to buy a new charger.
    I'm not quite sure who would not want to be able to continue using one of the best inventions of all time space. I love the Touchstone more than my own life, but I'm working on loving me more, as I'm noticing that that might be a problem.

Anyway, I have an '06 Civic and have the Pre in the best location and can't imagine getting anything else that doesn't have touchstone capabilities.

Remember though that there is a way to incorporate the TS into any other phone you buy, as all phones require 5 volts to charge. Simply remove the black protective tape that covers the magnet and coils from the TS back cover and put it on the back cover of your phone and get the paper thin wire called flatwire. I know there are Youtube videos out there on how to do this mod.

So remember, it's not the end of the world if you can't get a phone with built in touchstone.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Not a big deal for me. I have one for my home and one for the office. At first I thought it was really cool, but after having a few missed charges because the phone didn't settle in the right spot I consider the Touchstone more hype than necessary.

The Touchstone is like a lot of the other Pre/Pixi stuff -- beautiful concept, but weak implementation. I would rather have a simple little cradle that is more reliable and more flexible with power sources.

Wait/Whoa, let me make sure i understand you correctly. you consider the T/s more hype than a necessity? And your reason is because YOU screwed up and didnt use the product properly.

I dont think the T/s could be considered a weak implementation because YOU are not capable of working a magnet!

Just because you cant work a simple magnet doesnt make it any less innovative and necessary. I will never again have a smart phone that I have to plug up to charge, I do not have to plug in my pre ever!
    In this day and time, w/ the technology we have we should have inductive charging on everything. I mean its 2010 already why are we still stuck in the darkages (ie 80s) lol

If I misread this please by all means let me know!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I have 6 TS's now. 1 in truck, car, work, each night stand (2) and one by my chair in family room. I am adding a 7th to my motorcycle.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    sorry, but considering hp outfitted their boardrooms with touchstones at each seat... I think it's here to stay, and so are the 5 five I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I have 6 TS's now. 1 in truck, car, work, each night stand (2) and one by my chair in family room. I am adding a 7th to my motorcycle.
    unless your putting it in a tank bag or something, I strongly suggest upgrading the magnet. Speaking from experience as my truck well you can figure it out from the pic.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    HP has a whole load of them in a conferenfe room, and they said they loved the concept! If HP went through the work to install that many in a room, I'm pretty sure they like the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    sorry, but considering hp outfitted their boardrooms with touchstones at each seat... I think it's here to stay, and so are the 5 five I have.
    I hate to tell you...that was a photoshoped photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    I hate to tell you...that was a photoshoped photo.
    your a photoshoped photo lol
    i think the more appropriate question is why would you NOT want a touchstone compatible device?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    There's nothing more convenient than the TS. That is until someone writes the telepathy patch. It charges your pre when you THINK about wanting it charged.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast