Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hopefully the next phone won't be so FAT. I'd rather have something Droid X sided rather than Pre+ sided considering how thick it is.
    -Add an adjustable vibrate function, most of the time I am unaware my Pre rings when on vibrate. Can't be that hard of a feature.
    -Rubber corners? That is where they land when they fall and break.
    With all those new and exciting features that 2.0 should bring us, I'm wondering if I should even consider changing my phone. Nonetheless, a new hardware with all these new features would be super awesome. I'm looking forward to see what else HP/Palm have in store for us - in the near future.

Share your thoughts/opinions on this subject...
    Yes.

After over a year, I'm ready for a new device. I want it to be WebOS, but I'm getting less and less patient by the day. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    only if it needs a faster processor to be usable.

I sure hope they clock the cpu up to 1ghz as the 2.0 default even on older hardware. If it doesn't lag, I will stick with my Pre.
    Oui!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I am ready for a new phone, webOS 2.0 or not
    Yes, we absolutely need new hardware. The Pre has been out for almost 15 months... I still love it, but it feels more like a toy than a tool.
    Are you SERIOUS?!? OF COURSE!!!

Can't run all those stacks without a faster phone.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I'd take new hardware (unless it has no keyboard), but I'm sure that 2.0 will run on 1st gen;esp at 1G overclocking and using GPU more efficiently as RS discussed in last Palmcast.

Worth waiting for. Android will never get my attention.
    Don't see them fixing the (lack of) speed experience with a software update, so yes we NEED new hardware. It will also generate nessecary buzz to increase sales.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    really exciting I'm glad they released something! But I'm still stuck between WP7 and Webos 2.0... I guess it will come down to hardware...
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, we absolutely need new hardware. The Pre has been out for almost 15 months... I still love it, but it feels more like a toy than a tool.
    Why do we absolutely need new hardware? The iPhone's hardware has remained largely unchanged. Like you said, the Pre has been out for 15 months and Blackberry just released their newest phone, which is a total ripoff of Palm's 15 month old design. If others are copying it, then it's probably good. I can understand Palm wanting to release new devices to attract more people, but I don't think they should fiddle too much with the design of the Pre. There are certainly thinks they can improve (ie, charging door) but I don't think it nees an overhaul by any stretch of the imagination.
    There are some hardware features from which we could really benefit:

- Higher-quality slider
    - Better keyboard (letters appear on-screen when you push the key, that'd be a great start)
    - HDMI-out port
    - Maybe a larger screen?

Personally, I like the size of the current Pre, and I like the slider format. I like the feel of the keyboard and the size of the keys. In my view, the hardware just needs the finishing touches it never got in the first place when Palm tried to rush it to market.

So, I'd be happy with an evolutionary sort of Pre2.
    While I do believe that a new device would obviously be an improvement, I also feel for people like myself who cannot just run out and buy a new phone...and sprint's miniscule upgrade numbers do not exactly help when a phone costs a current user $400+.

So yeah...a new device is great, but the ability to implement the new OS into the current phones would be ideal. No doubt us poor people would eventually find a way to get the new device...and a preview of it on our current devices would be the way to motivation.

My .02
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I really don't need a new phone, that doesn't mean I don't want one though
    we absolutely need new hardware. Don't get me wrong the Pre is gret but can be way better.
    It can be way better in terms of build quality. For sprint pre users I would say its a bit more dire, I'm on vzw and my pre is a bit sturdier than the one I was using back on sprint. But, There really aren't any features that aren't availble because of hardware that I truly need. I really just need to be able to check email and get on the web, everything else is nice to have, but not necessary for me personally.

Also, with uk, it makes the pre a lot more useable. Without homebrew I woulda threw my phone out a window a long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Why do we absolutely need new hardware? The iPhone's hardware has remained largely unchanged. Like you said, the Pre has been out for 15 months and Blackberry just released their newest phone, which is a total ripoff of Palm's 15 month old design. If others are copying it, then it's probably good. I can understand Palm wanting to release new devices to attract more people, but I don't think they should fiddle too much with the design of the Pre. There are certainly thinks they can improve (ie, charging door) but I don't think it nees an overhaul by any stretch of the imagination.
    Because the Pre is made out of cheap plastic and has poor build quality. I also believe they need more form factors if they want to seriously compete in the smartphone market. Not everyone wants a vertical slider with a physical keyboard...
    Clearly Rush was joking. Yes webOS will run on current hardware....but a replacement for new hardware it isn't.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast