Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've been searching around the web recently and it doesn't appear that anyone has touched on this topic. I've seen a lot of discussion about the upcoming IFA 2010 and some prominent manufacturers supposedly making big announcements. Does anyone know if Palm and/or HP will have any presence at all at the upcoming event in Berlin, I believe it starts September 3rd. Seems like it would be a good forum for an announcement of some kind, but have had trouble finding any info as to whether or not hp/palm will even be there. It seems to me that if they wanted to make a big announcement at a trade show type atmosphere before the "rumored" new release of hardware this would be the event to do it, well, until CES that is. If the rumored timetable people keep throwing out there is accurate, I would tend to think a no-show at this event might indicate we will be waiting longer than we all hope. Maybe they will release it without the hoopla of an event, but seems to me, if they had something ready to release in the next month or two, they would at least be at this show. Just some food for thought I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonma View Post
    I've been searching around the web recently and it doesn't appear that anyone has touched on this topic. I've seen a lot of discussion about the upcoming IFA 2010 and some prominent manufacturers supposedly making big announcements. Does anyone know if Palm and/or HP will have any presence at all at the upcoming event in Berlin, I believe it starts September 3rd. Seems like it would be a good forum for an announcement of some kind, but have had trouble finding any info as to whether or not hp/palm will even be there. It seems to me that if they wanted to make a big announcement at a trade show type atmosphere before the "rumored" new release of hardware this would be the event to do it, well, until CES that is. If the rumored timetable people keep throwing out there is accurate, I would tend to think a no-show at this event might indicate we will be waiting longer than we all hope. Maybe they will release it without the hoopla of an event, but seems to me, if they had something ready to release in the next month or two, they would at least be at this show. Just some food for thought I guess.
    I honestly would hope that when HP has something ready to show the world, they do so at their own distinct branded event. Just like Apple and their Sept. 1 shindig they are sending invites out to the media for. Or at the very least, rock the hell out of CES in January. And have your carrier partners (cough...Dan Hesse...cough) there too.

But please no announcements at some smaller trade show with specific info "to come".
    The only reference to HP on the IFA 2010 website is for HP Photosmart Printers. There is no mention of Palm at all, but there is also very little mention of any Mobile Phones except the iPhone.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait to see what happens in January.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catappr View Post
    I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait to see what happens in January.
    Nobody will care anymore..